Driver terminated using gps info

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Geez, we're all worried about GPS? These two coulda been caught using a pair of binocs! Been done before!

What's the matter, people? Heard the decades old expression, "Work as directed"? Why not try it! Don't sort car half-hr before start time. Don't run. Don't jump off docks. Don't speed. Look left-right-left. Do take lunch. Work by the methods. Sure, you'll be harrassed. But! You know what? You won't be fired for it. Oh, sure, they can try and now come back and flame about how many HAVE been fired for following methods religiously! But why not take a count. How many UPSers have been fired permenantly for following methods compared to those that have been fired for not?

Ok, how the hell is this possible. There are how many hundreds of methods, that ups designed and that are required for us to do, or at least do the ones you know exist. If ups tried to fire you, or fired you for following the methods, why the hell wouldnt you win a lawsuit over this, the teamsters shouldnt have a problem getting your job back!!Anyone want to explain!!

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I want to agree with you coldworld because I sometimes do rummage around my trk before start time, work through my lunch and so forth BUT I shouldn't. I shouldn't give free time to the company. I should try to follow as many as the methods as I can remember, I shouldn't fudge on NDA's trying to help them look good on paper. It is their company, and it is their rules that we have to follow, that's the "game" we have to play to be a part of this UPS team. It doesn't always seem fair but hell, LIFE isn't fair. Race is right, If you can't get all your "airs" off before commit time, then so be it, let the chips fall where they may. Give your best effort, be honest, follow as many as the methods as you can, and take the high road. When we punch off the clock, then it's our time, we can play by our rules. Love those 7 weeks of vacation, weekends, money in my pocket, medical, dental, retirement. It really is the same all over and we could get treated just as shabbily somewhere else for a heck of alot less. Good luck, hangin there, the glass is 1/2 full.:smart:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I want to agree with you coldworld because I sometimes do rummage around my trk before start time, work through my lunch and so forth BUT I shouldn't. I shouldn't give free time to the company. I should try to follow as many as the methods as I can remember, I shouldn't fudge on NDA's trying to help them look good on paper. It is their company, and it is their rules that we have to follow, that's the "game" we have to play to be a part of this UPS team. It doesn't always seem fair but hell, LIFE isn't fair. Race is right, If you can't get all your "airs" off before commit time, then so be it, let the chips fall where they may. Give your best effort, be honest, follow as many as the methods as you can, and take the high road. When we punch off the clock, then it's our time, we can play by our rules. Love those 7 weeks of vacation, weekends, money in my pocket, medical, dental, retirement. It really is the same all over and we could get treated just as shabbily somewhere else for a heck of alot less. Good luck, hangin there, the glass is 1/2 full.:smart:

The problem is that there are routes that have 1 or 2 airs a day and others have 200 pieces to get off by 1030...theres no reason that if you feel that you have too much mgt cant take some off and sort it to others with none. If all you do is run air until 1030 sounds like the route needs cut back.

FedexExEmployee

and those managers would say and what about the other managers or the divison managers that falsify their numbers.

Better to not get yourself caught up in that bag of excuses.

A manager sticking up for managers. What a suprise LOL

There's that tunnel vision of yours again :happy-very:

I'll tell you what was sweet. A courier at my ex-station, about 6-7 years ago, was fired for falsification. He called corporate and notified them to the falsification of timecards by management. All the managers who were accused and investigated got fired.

One low blow deserves another...

FedexExEmployee

I really resent your smug superior attitude and general rude comments as well. Who appointed you God of the BC?

He's a manager, what do you expect. :wink2:

Probably goes home to his real boss and it's like "yes dear" "ok dear" "I'm sorry dear" :happy-very:

Damn, tieguy is really on your stick. :funny:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You Fedex guys are Tie's new playthings. It was Loyalmbe years ago and Canon a while back among others. It's quite entertaining. My "yes dear" is out of town for the weekend. I'm sure she's missing me as we speak. BM

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BM, I thought it was just my imagination. It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tie, my most wonderful friend, some creatures are not worth hitting with the back tires of the package car. :wink2:

d

tieguy

Banned
HeyTieGuy,
You're like a dog that chases parked cars. You keep bouncing off the tire yet keep coming back for more. Using your own illogic, YOU have not "earned" the right to comment about anything involving FDX because you've never worked there. I once openly praised you for being intelligent...perhaps I was wrong. The same goes for you, "Rocket Scientist".

I'm sorry we appear to have a communications gap here. I asked you to speak on fdx and leave ups to us. You speak of dogs and tires.:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
You Fedex guys are Tie's new playthings. It was Loyalmbe years ago and Canon a while back among others. It's quite entertaining. My "yes dear" is out of town for the weekend. I'm sure she's missing me as we speak. BM

I'm afraid you give me more credit then I deserve. If you go back and read my posts I've asked fedex one to speak about fdx and not ups. I have not responded to the second fdx poster who has most eagerly fired three posts in response. An objective analysis therefore would indicate that I am their plaything.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie, and such a sweet plaything you are indeed!

BM, yes, I am gone. But in ways, still in the thick of things. There is not a week goes by that I dont get 10 or more phone calls on UPS related issues. I guess they miss me. As Donald would say, I feel the love.

I have been traveling a bunch lately, western MD for 6 weeks, Philly last fall, DC for 6 weeks from thanksgiving through christmas(fun place to visit, pits for any other reason), going to louisville in March, Winston salem area for 10 days, just got back from 7 days all over florida, looks like boston in two weeks. This is the first weekend I have had pretty much to myself in a while.

I miss UPS in a strange sadistic way.

d

tieguy

Banned
Tie, and such a sweet plaything you are indeed!

BM, yes, I am gone. But in ways, still in the thick of things. There is not a week goes by that I dont get 10 or more phone calls on UPS related issues. I guess they miss me. As Donald would say, I feel the love.

I have been traveling a bunch lately, western MD for 6 weeks, Philly last fall, DC for 6 weeks from thanksgiving through christmas(fun place to visit, pits for any other reason), going to louisville in March, Winston salem area for 10 days, just got back from 7 days all over florida, looks like boston in two weeks. This is the first weekend I have had pretty much to myself in a while.

I miss UPS in a strange sadistic way.

its always good to see you back. even when you join in the play.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Sorry for the misunderstanding TieGuy. I should have said that you chase the tires of parked package cars, not just any cars. Do you charge your drivers for an "avoidable" when you do that?

You and your alter ego are trying to turn all this into more then it needs to be. I think you should speak about fdx things and leave the ups discussion to upsers.

tieguy

Banned
Notice how a simple request to one fdx poster here to badmouth fdx and not ups gets the other running in here attacking? I think we are up to four posts from the alter ego that I have not responded to.

the other thing i find interesting is this person claims to be an ex ups employee but yet calls ups drivers couriers. typo or fib?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear Fed double x

I am sorry you are too stupid to remember that when you worked for UPS, we do not have "couriers". Just thought I would offer that little correction to your self stated perfection.

d

Oops, sorry tie, you and I were posting basically the same thought at the same time. You just type faster?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
who you know doesn't really want to be invloved with your nonsense. I, however, am more than glad to do so........... Remember that.

Gee, you want to be involved in nonsense? I got this really great collection of the 3 stooges movies, I bet you really would identify with those! Let me know, I'll send them too you. Then maybe you could get a life?

d

Well while you are using that excuse, why no the guy who states "why did they send that next day air, I dont need it till next week".
OH Dannyboy, the pipes, the pipes are callin', from glen to.... sorry I digress. What excuse? That would imply that the air was delivered late, which in my scenario it was delivered on time. The statement I made was about frustration, not missed commitments.

The bottom line is this. Either the reciever or the shipper felt like it needed to be there overnight by a certain time. And they paid the price we promised to get it there by.
While that isn't always true I don't disagree that the packages should be delivered on time, never said that. ( I know of at least one pu account that ships EVERTHING NDA and neither them nor the receiver gives a flip if it is there the next day.)
That is all the driver needs to know. Anything else in the discussion is just mud in the water. If the shipment is to be delivered by 10:30, get it there. If you have a 500 package bulk stop that has to wait, to bad. If your sup dispatches you with the air, its your job to deliver it.
Can't disagree what that....but wait, wait for it *...

As for the dishonest actions, sure, management does things that are dishonest. But does that make dishonest acts by the driver any less dishonest? Wrong is wrong, I dont care how you color it.
Did I ever say that it was OK to be dishonest? Nope....wait for it *...

In our center, almost half of the air is late almost every day. When it gets bad enough, things will change. A start time of 8:50 and a left building time of 9:45 and the first stop off at 10:15 with 22 air stops to be delivered by 10:30.......who's problem is that?
.....*... ahhh, now! The obvious answer is that it is the companies problem. However in your earlier *statement* you indicated that it was the drivers problem . "If your sup dispatches you with the air, its your job to deliver it." Make up my mind, who's problem is it?

Do things by the book. A sup screaming and ranting over late air is childs play when compared to a calm voice telling you do no longer have a job because of dishonesty.
No argument here.

d

This mess is MrFedEx's fault. He had that audacity to suggest that there are similarities shared by both companies. Shame Shame everybody knows your name.