DRIVER TRANSFERS (over 10 seniority) FORCED TO WORK SATURDAYS

I've been with UPS for over 22 years and recently transferred. We start the T-S schedule this week and since I have low hub seniority I am scheduled to work T-S. Article 22 (b) says that no employee with seniority date prior to August 1, 2008 will be forced onto a Tuesday through Saturday work week. The union is stumped and so are the supervisors here because this is not a hub enforced schedule its a nationwide change. I was wondering if anyone knows or heard anything about transfers hired prior to 2008 forced to work T-S? Any help would be appreciated.
You have no seniority. That's my answer I would be super ticked if I got below me worked Monday thru Friday
You transferred, deal with it m

Nike

We badly need some nationwide transfer language. Life happens and sometimes you need to move. Should be a company wide method of doing just that. Pretty much every major company in existence has a way of transfering

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We badly need some nationwide transfer language. Life happens and sometimes you need to move. Should be a company wide method of doing just that. Pretty much every major company in existence has a way of transfering

Wouldn't be an issue if we had one national pension plan.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if we had easier transfer rules you'd have a bunch of about-to-retire drivers delivering to the retirees in Florida

it'd be the highest concentration of circle-of-honors in the country, with the lowest PPH and ORION trace lmao

Dr.Brownz

I've been with UPS for over 22 years and recently transferred. We start the T-S schedule this week and since I have low hub seniority I am scheduled to work T-S. Article 22 (b) says that no employee with seniority date prior to August 1, 2008 will be forced onto a Tuesday through Saturday work week. The union is stumped and so are the supervisors here because this is not a hub enforced schedule its a nationwide change. I was wondering if anyone knows or heard anything about transfers hired prior to 2008 forced to work T-S? Any help would be appreciated.

Doesnt the contract say "hire date"?

Dr.Brownz

Huh?

If they need 15 drivers (bottom up) and you were number 16 but a transfer dropped you down to 15 you would end up working.
Maybe your supplement is pure :censored2: but ours says drivers with hire date before I believe either 2008 or 2011 (I forget which I'm exempt is all I can remember) cannot be forced to work T-S schedule

...for vacations and all other building specific items---yes---the contract as written states that anyone hired before a certain date cannot be forced to work on Saturday.
If that is the language, (hired date) then it is clear, a transfer will dovetail in on this issue. While end tail on center seniority.

WorknLateHuh

if we had easier transfer rules you'd have a bunch of about-to-retire drivers delivering to the retirees in Florida

it'd be the highest concentration of circle-of-honors in the country, with the lowest PPH and ORION trace lmao

I don't think drivers with 30 years are going to want to deliver in 100+ heat everyday. Delivering in that is straight torture.

undies

When you get your cheap certificate to celebrate your years of service, does it go by company seniority or center?

Seems cut and dry to me.