Drivers- Best Shoes

oldngray

nowhere special
I guarantee I've ran more miles in my years than you've walked delivering packages.
How many college classes on body mechanics and seminars on this subject have you attended?

Running as exercise is not the same as working at UPS and having experience there. Completely different equipment and situations.

watdaflock?

Running as exercise is not the same as working at UPS and having experience there. Completely different equipment and situations.

The scientific facts of why your feet and legs become tired does not change. Point is- the few grams you save purposely buying whatever shoe is lightest has nothing to do with your feet getting tired.
(I'll repeat myself for some of you) Fit, form, cushion and how the shoes stabilize any pronation issues it what effects your legs/feet getting tired.....not a few grams difference.

You guys are funny....."because of my years driving a truck it makes me right, over any damn doctors and their medical field with scientific facts"

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Quit changing that we are talking about.

Sitting down and driving has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
If you'd like to discuss the subject of standing and your feet becoming tired let me know.
I would....why when I stand and walk for more than 8 hours does my ankle become stiff and sore when i finally sit down?

oldngray

nowhere special
The scientific facts of why your feet and legs become tired does not change.

You guys are funny....."because of my years driving a truck it makes me right, over the those damn doctors and the medical field with their facts"

lol.....

You just continue to demonstrate your ignorance. You sound like a member of the ORION team who thinks theory trumps real world experience.

watdaflock?

They are extemely comfortable....I've worn them on 18 hr ups workdays in the summer heat. Granted...I put on fresh, dry socks halfway through my day...but I never even got a blister. I only go to my podiatrist for cortisone shots...and she didn't recommend custom orthodeics

ok fine....if you are wearing boots that weigh 7 pounds a pair on 18 hour days in the summer heat its possible you'd actually feel a difference going to tennis shoes.
You mention changing your socks so most likely your boots are warmer too. Maybe those boots on 18 hour summer days could contribute to dehydration and your core temperature being higher, which also would effect your legs being tired.

oldngray

nowhere special
The scientific facts of why your feet and legs become tired does not change. Point is- the few grams you save purposely buying whatever shoe is lightest has nothing to do with your feet getting tired.
(I'll repeat myself for some of you) Fit, form, cushion and how the shoes stabilize any pronation issues it what effects your legs/feet getting tired.....not a few grams difference.

You guys are funny....."because of my years driving a truck it makes me right, over any damn doctors and their medical field with scientific facts"

Did I ever say that weight was the only factor to consider? I never said the lightest show was the best. You need to go back and read some of the older posts. Weight IS important but obviously a crappy lightweight shoe is a waste of money.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
ok fine....if you are wearing boots that weigh 7 pounds a pair on 18 hour days in the summer heat its possible you'd actually feel a difference going to tennis shoes.
You mention changing your socks so most likely your boots are warmer too. Maybe those boots on 18 hour summer days could contribute to dehydration and your core temperature being higher, which also would effect your legs being tired.
How about walking for 18 hours with 7lbs on my feet makes my legs tired. It's not like on the road...you're only waking on flat ground...hills, steps, pavement, grass, gravel...etc. and I changed my socks because working in wet, sweaty socks for hours can give you blisters