Drivers- Best Shoes

S

selfcancelsignal

Always wear brown shoes, sneakers or boots. Brown front head to toe in my opinion just looks better, black shoes just make the whole outfit look a little mismatchy to me. I know just the OCD in me thats all lol. Gotta coordinate.
. lmfao
I agree with the all brown, Jump. It doesn't get much better than John Witherspoon. Especially in "Next Friday". LMAO.

tiredofbrown123

im a new driver and was wondering if anyone has any info on what boots and or socks i should get for this winter. i def need insulation but my feet sweat with boots like that and then they of course get cold. i got some 71% merino wool socks that i think may help a little. but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. thanx

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
im a new driver and was wondering if anyone has any info on what boots and or socks i should get for this winter. i def need insulation but my feet sweat with boots like that and then they of course get cold. i got some 71% merino wool socks that i think may help a little. but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. thanx
Everyone's feet are different...you need boots that are comfortable for you. Socks are probably more trial and error...2 pairs of thinner socks may be better than one super thick pair...you can take a pair off if your feet get sweaty.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wear sneakers until snow hits. Once things freeze up again, back to sneakers. Walkway not clear? Don't go. (Good tippers excluded)

Ring Sport

Here is my opinion on socks and boots. I have 3 or 4 pairs of boots that I wear in the winter time, depending on weather conditions and depth of snow. I will generally go to a store like Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas and pickup my winter boots. Have found that they have variety as well as different grades of insulation. There are some in the above links that I wouldn't suggest getting as they go against uniform requirements. Camo for example. I prefer a 6 inch boot, but when the snow is deep forget it. Prefer something that will keep the snow from getting down my boot and protects my leg from a wet pant leg. Sometimes I will wear gators as well. But it seems some of those that are sticklers on the uniform and have no clue about practicality and comfort frown on that if they see them.

As far as socks, everybody's foot is going to perspire differently. So these suggestions may be trial and error. I know what works for me and never have cold wet feet. A good quality sock is key. I prefer these socks over any that I have ever tried. Wearing a sock liner will help as well. A sock liner can be purchased at any outdoor retail store. Some may squeal about the price of the socks and liners, but IMO being on my feet all day and staying comfortable is worth the price.

And if your boots are Gore-tex, do your self a favor and don't polish them with that Kiwi shoe polish. It will plug the pores and you will lose all the benefits of the gore-tex. I prefer this product, and it is safe for use on Gore-tex. Before applying I will use a small scrub brush and a shoe cleaner and scrub the dirt and debris off the boot. Then pat the boots dry with a paper towel and apply the Obenaufs.

To the OP (best boots and socks. This thread was combined) look into getting a sock liner and see how that works for you. Or try a pair of the socks that I recommended. Or both.

Hope someone finds the above information helpful.

upsmaninmi

Neos overshoes. Put em over your tennis shoes, super light and surprisingly warm. Cold, cold winters here. Best boot I've ever used.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1414348523.260524.jpg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Danner Mountain Light II Boot

• Danner Men's Crater Rim Boot
    empty.gif
    $299.95

Danner Explorer Boot
    empty.gif
    $309.95

Asolo Men's TPS 520 GV Boot
    empty.gif
    $288.95 - $294.95

Danner Men's Mountain Light II Boot
    empty.gif
    $309.95

Merrell Men's Wilderness Boots
    empty.gif
    $299.95

Asolo Men's Fugitive GTX Boot $229.95

Arcteryx Men's Alpha SV Jacket $486.99 - $674.95

Hanwag Men's Tashi Boot $399.95

Arcteryx Men's Alpha SL Jacket $210.99 - $258.99

Danner Danner Light II Boot $299.95

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I know damn well most of us have either taken a day off during the week , or spent as much at a bar on the weekend. Having these on your feet day in and day out you will thank me later.

brownieboy

Ive worn Danner, Red Wing, New Balance, Propet, and Cabelas. I bought a pair of Lowa Renegades a year ago. By far the best boot I have ever worn. Comfortable, light, Gore Tex, and a good sole that has lasted a year. With a good pair of wool socks my feet rarely get cold

barnyard

KTM rider
I have 1 pair of Whites Outdoorsmen and 1 pair of Danner whatever their winter boot with replaceable sole is called. When the Danners are done, I'll get another pair of Whites.

JL 0513

Best shoes I've worn for the job are actually basketball shoes. The Nike Overplay VIII. $60 and they are much more durable then $100+ work boots I've had. They keep their new appearance for a long time. Excellent materials and build quality. All in the comfort of a basketball shoe that happens to be a great design for drivers and our uniforms. All other shoes I've tried have torn apart at the front, these show no wear. I'm amazed. I will only buy these as long as they make them.

Nike%20Overplay%20Men's%20The%20VIII%20Basketball%20Shoe.jpg