Drivers- Best Shoes

OptimusPrime

Can't argue with the New Balance 608. All black mind you. Keeps stupid supes quiet about "tennis shoes". Boggles my mind. We basically do an athletic job, yet some of the high ups want us wearing either hard sole loafers or clunky boots. Neither of which are good for the job. High end cross trainers are ideal for the job, but management seems stuck in the stone ages.

ol'browneye

Skecher Dexters. Black athletic style with steel toes. Purchase online at Shoe Buy, Zappos or On-line shoes.com for around $75. Last time I caught them on sale at On-line shoes with a coupon and paid less than $50 so I ordered two pair. I know we aren't required to wear steel toes but they have saved my toes a few times and if I ever have to fight off a dog, it will know I was there. Usually last 6-8 months.

O

OLDMAN3

Tried all the Redwings...heavy, pricey, and uncomfortable (for me) compared to the New Balance 608.
If you want an inexpensive, comfortable shoe like the New Balance 608, with more safety features, try the New Balance 627 (Steel toe and more slip-resistant)

OPTION3

Try ecco brand...they make a pricey work shoe..200bucks..but come with a 3 year unlimited warranty....5 year on the sole.....Light, comfy, and WATERPROOF..Best shoe I ever bought...II’ve had Redwings, cats,dr martens, sketchers----had my current pair 3years they look like new

Last edited:

brownrod

Can't argue with the New Balance 608. All black mind you. Keeps stupid supes quiet about "tennis shoes". Boggles my mind. We basically do an athletic job, yet some of the high ups want us wearing either hard sole loafers or clunky boots. Neither of which are good for the job. High end cross trainers are ideal for the job, but management seems stuck in the stone ages.

they are more concerned with a rolled ankle that might take you out of service for a brief period of time rather than being concerned with you retiring with worn out knees from wearing boots for 30 years.

Even though the boots are good for ankles myth has been busted.

Nike shox. 120$ a pair. up to 6 months use if I'm lucky.
Nike AGC boots in snow.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thorogood 6" Softstreets Ultimate Cross-trainer

Union made in WI, they last years and years, and can be repaired to be made like-new. I've gotten three years out of my current pair and no replacement needs in sight.

Also use New Balance insoles, unbeatable combo.

Really? That's what I wear. On my 2nd pair since I've been driving. Seems like they're only good for about 6 months. Wore my 1st pair a little longer than that. Weren't real slip resistant by the end. Especially in the winter. Need to find out more about this lifetime guarantee. Is there a form to download & fill out on their web site, or what?

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.
Google timberlands corporate number. Call it and submit a claim. They will take it from there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 608's are the only sneaker approved by the company for wear with the uniform.

OPTION3

they are more concerned with a rolled ankle that might take you out of service for a brief period of time rather than being concerned with you retiring with worn out knees from wearing boots for 30 years.
I don’t think they are concerned with either one.