Drivers Helpers Overtime?

UPSGUY72

The helpers who work in longmeadow mass get ot every year.They dispatch the routes with 350/450 stops a day

That's funny where are you getting your info ? Just wondering becauce I work on the city side of the springfield building and have yet to see a 300 stop count car when looking at the dispatch in the moring. It's also funny that at 3 pm we all get a message wanting to know what time we will be back to the building and if it later than 7:30 or 8 they send other driver to help. They are also given us specific length of times we can keep are helper.

With the larger number of helper and low volume this year they are actually cutting routes somedays

I did a S. Hadley / longmeadow split friday and was done at all my stops and lunch at 4:45 then I got sent to chicopee and took 18 stops off a driver.

Even with my 1 hr drive home after I punch out I get home before 8:00 pm

brownman15

The helper would have to meet the driver at the building than he just be in the way when you got your air businesses off in the moring. I do a route that is averaging 250 stops and 375 packages a day somedays the back of the P1000 is jamed full. I have try to have 100 stops and most of my business done before I pick up my helper at 1:00, that leave us around 150 stops which takes around 4 1/2 to 5 hrs depending on how good the loader did his job.

I don't think think it is possible to jam enough packages is a package car for a 12 hr day with a helper all day. unless they are all letters.

yes it is

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's funny where are you getting your info ? Just wondering becauce I work on the city side of the springfield building and have yet to see a 300 stop count car when looking at the dispatch in the moring. It's also funny that at 3 pm we all get a message wanting to know what time we will be back to the building and if it later than 7:30 or 8 they send other driver to help. They are also given us specific length of times we can keep are helper.

With the larger number of helper and low volume this year they are actually cutting routes somedays

I did a S. Hadley / longmeadow split friday and was done at all my stops and lunch at 4:45 then I got sent to chicopee and took 18 stops off a driver.

Even with my 1 hr drive home after I punch out I get home before 8:00 pm
Sounds like your district planned a little better than mine. We've got drivers working 11+ every day, and probably about half the center is already working 10+. I talked to the dispatch sup, he said that they had seriously underestimated the volume. We are already running 10% over what is supposed to be our max (peak day) plan for cars and drivers and xmas is still two weeks away. We've already had a day where they didn't even unload 2 full trailers and the building still rolled over 500 pieces that went on road (That's 500 pieces sheeted missed, not counting the two trailers that didn't even get unloaded). Monday is supposed to be a monster, I can hardly wait......

brownman15

My highest dispatch thus far has been 192 stops with 543 packages and I used my helper 4.99 hours. He works on the metro so he has to be off the car NLT 1530 which would put him at 5.99 hours.

My helper had more OT last week than I did.

mine so far has been 360 stops and worked 12.5 hrs used helper about 8.5

NHDRVR

I have seen that a few of you have been over 300 stops... I have to ask, how many miles are you averaging? It can't be over 100 unless you are driving from condo area to condo area. That's a butt load of stops...

UPSGUY72

Sounds like your district planned a little better than mine. We've got drivers working 11+ every day, and probably about half the center is already working 10+. I talked to the dispatch sup, he said that they had seriously underestimated the volume. We are already running 10% over what is supposed to be our max (peak day) plan for cars and drivers and xmas is still two weeks away. We've already had a day where they didn't even unload 2 full trailers and the building still rolled over 500 pieces that went on road (That's 500 pieces sheeted missed, not counting the two trailers that didn't even get unloaded). Monday is supposed to be a monster, I can hardly wait......

Yes they hired alot of helpers this year and almost all the drivers in our building get a helper that's over 120 helpers. Even the guys doing split routes get helpers which is nice. We start monday morning at 8:15 if we get there earlier and the preload is done loading we can leave I will be there at 7:45 and hopefully can be on the door at 8:00 or before.

upsgrunt

You would have had to average 40 stops an hour for 9 straight hours- thats if you could average 60 mph, which you couldn't.

brownman15

To be honest your claim of 360 stops and 120 miles is hard to believe. That would nearly double both my highest stop count and mileage thus far this Peak.

its the truth. my first stop is 30 miles from center and i am all res and this is with part of my route taken off cause my route triples at peak. i normally do about 200 stops a day outside peak.

brownman15

you cannot compare me to your route as every route and and every part of the country is different i am in a major metropolitan area houses are about 50 to 100 feet apart and i do have townhouses and row houses to