Drivers: how to write up a truck properly

F

Frankie's Friend

Can you start a thread on how to write up office chairs and staplers? PE says that’s not their specialty and Automotive won’t fix it unless it has some kind of motor. Thanks
It doesn't need a motor. It runs on hot air. That's why the bearings are burnt up.

You guys know that you have to open the top of the stapler and put staples in it? That's those shiny silver strips in the box.

F

Frankie's Friend

I had a truck that had that happen all the time. The turn signal return spring would come loose and short out the contact. Once I knew what was going on I could fix it in seconds.

Definitely a design flaw though.
90s chevy p10s were great for that. Push down on the lever and the horn honks.
Classic.

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m betting it didn’t get stuck,you’re just one of those drivers that want the customer to come to the truck,it must’ve been raining that day,lol.
USNY

I thought telematics was supposed to diagnose everything. All I do now is turn in the DVIR with only the car number on it.
Let the cursing begin.

It would be nice if we could use the camera in the diad to shoot a pic, type in some detail, and then the system could automatically send the info to the mechanics computer mainframe.

Makes too much sense to be used at brown.

Poop Head

Judge me.
USNY

Let the cursing begin.

It would be nice if we could use the camera in the diad to shoot a pic, type in some detail, and then the system could automatically send the info to the mechanics computer mainframe.

Makes too much sense to be used at brown.
Lmao. I would take close up pictures of poop. Dog poop, bird poop, my poop, your poop. Poop!

F

Frankie's Friend

Lmao. I would take close up pictures of poop. Dog poop, bird poop, my poop, your poop. Poop!
Screenshot_20181117-003156_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20181117-002700_Google.jpg

All kinds of pics.

IESucks

Peak is here and I know we got a lot of new and temp drivers, even some experienced drivers do not write up the dvir properly and this causes a lot of wasted time, time we don’t have during peak.

Describe the problem in as much detail as possible. NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT NEEDS.

Here are a few common real ones I got and why it’s a bad write up

1. Needs brake booster

Ok.... what was it doing that led you as the driver to think it needed that? I get in it and the brakes feel fine and I notice the abs light is on.. so now I have no idea if this guy had a intermittent hard pedal or he thinks it needs a booster because the abs light is on.

2. No heat

The proper way to write this depends on what it is doing.. is the air coming out cold. Then write heater blowing cold air.. is the blower not working at times write blower inop at times.

3. Needs starter.

Ok? WHY does it need one? I go out the truck and it starts fine. long crank, no crank, noise on cranking, some times does not crank.. I don’t have time to replace starters that are working fine when I look at the truck and now you put me in a bad spot of wasting my time replacing a month old starter to cover my ass or taking a chance and letting it roll.

Just write what it is doing. Sometimes has a slow crank... sometimes only clicks and does not crank etc.
Lmao. When you start fixing heaters in freezing temps instead of writing part on order for 5 days in a row,maybe we can.

P

pickup

Peak is here and I know we got a lot of new and temp drivers, even some experienced drivers do not write up the dvir properly and this causes a lot of wasted time, time we don’t have during peak.

Describe the problem in as much detail as possible. NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT NEEDS.

1. Needs brake booster

Ok.... what was it doing that led you as the driver to think it needed that? I get in it and the brakes feel fine and I notice the abs light is on.. so now I have no idea if this guy had a intermittent hard pedal or he thinks it needs a booster because the abs light is on.

2. No heat

The proper way to write this depends on what it is doing.. is the air coming out cold. Then write heater blowing cold air.. is the blower not working at times write blower inop at times.

3. Needs starter.

Ok? WHY does it need one? I go out the truck and it starts fine. long crank, no crank, noise on cranking, some times does not crank.. I don’t have time to replace starters that are working fine when I look at the truck and now you put me in a bad spot of wasting my time replacing a month old starter to cover my ass or taking a chance and letting it roll.

Just write what it is doing. Sometimes has a slow crank... sometimes only clicks and does not crank etc.

I’m in total agreement with the original poster but on the Feeder new hand held ivis , it only allows so many characters on the screen to document and explain each issue. Often I have to leave a full explanation attached to the dashboard.

Nine5

1. Needs brake booster

2. No heat

3. Needs starter.

Lol PARTS ON ORDER

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Always write "in case of accident" if you want something fixed. For example, no heat. No heat is also a defrost issue, so "in case of accident" gets it fixed fast.

If not fixed, write "shop aware of dangerous situation".

john chesney

Can you start a thread on how to write up office chairs and staplers? PE says that’s not their specialty and Automotive won’t fix it unless it has some kind of motor. Thanks
You’re worried about your office chair when I was worried about dying of a heat stroke or if I had frostbite on my toes.

IESucks

Yes, 3-4 times a day when trying to start nothing happens helps me a lot more than needs starter. That helps because nothing happens narrows it down quite a bit for me. I have had drivers think a truck needed a starter when it needed a fuel pump relay The thing cranked and did not start and to him he thought that meant the starter is bad.

Mechanics don’t trust each other’s diags unless we know that tech and his capabilities so why would we trust a drivers that I know to diag the truck?

This right here... saves our time and gets your truck fixed
We aren't worried about your time. Just like you don't worry about keeping our truck out of lineup with our dollies and supplies. We scramble around to find our truck with Dollie while being screamed at to verify air packages and get out of bldg. Not to mention a different truck with no key fob, no idea of key lockbox combination, and ofcourse its empty anyway. Then we sit in the seat and mirrors are adjusted for a fat short person and our knees hit steering wheel . Seat won't move cause its broken and mirrors require an act of god to adjust. Backdoor doesn't lock because that's too minor for mechanics to worry about and pops open if chain isn't used. Ofcourse it's raining and back door seal is no good and you deliver soaked letters and boxes to customers. And ofcourse only the passenger side wipers work unless you bang on motor while driving while trying to see out a fogged windshield due to being unable to switch heater to defrost. How bout you work with the info you get from overworked drivers and we will try and work with the crap you expect us to drive. Ups is one big cluster :censored2:, IN EVERY ASPECT