Snow chains on order.

Attachments

• 20181115_140342.jpg
    20181115_140342.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 122

clean hairy

"Blinkers do not work"
Let the mechanic figure it out.
The fact the driver can see it is "out of blinker fluid" is not desired to make it easier to get it back on the road.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I think my muffler bearings are rattling loose. Can you fix them?

Part on order, ok to run
Lmao. When you start fixing heaters in freezing temps instead of writing part on order for 5 days in a row,maybe we can.

If the drivers write the symptoms down to the best of their abilities, for example fan not blowing at times we are able to eliminate cooling system issues that could cause no heat. I don’t expect drivers to be mechanics or understand trucks.. all we want is for you drivers to write the noise, smell feeling or whatever it was that made you write it up.

Help me help you.. if you make my job harder I have less time to try and fix the non safety items that make it more comfortable to do your job

However, I treat no heat as a safety concern. I would imagine most mechanics would as well.

Redtag

We aren't worried about your time. Just like you don't worry about keeping our truck out of lineup with our dollies and supplies. We scramble around to find our truck with Dollie while being screamed at to verify air packages and get out of bldg. Not to mention a different truck with no key fob, no idea of key lockbox combination, and ofcourse its empty anyway. Then we sit in the seat and mirrors are adjusted for a fat short person and our knees hit steering wheel . Seat won't move cause its broken and mirrors require an act of god to adjust. Backdoor doesn't lock because that's too minor for mechanics to worry about and pops open if chain isn't used. Ofcourse it's raining and back door seal is no good and you deliver soaked letters and boxes to customers. And ofcourse only the passenger side wipers work unless you bang on motor while driving while trying to see out a fogged windshield due to being unable to switch heater to defrost. How bout you work with the info you get from overworked drivers and we will try and work with the crap you expect us to drive. Ups is one big cluster :censored2:, IN EVERY ASPECT

After peak is over that’s when I pull trucks for maintenance that I could not down a truck in peak for, the truck like any other machine will need repair and not all those repairs can be done in one day. all the trucks have dollies in my center so that should not be a issue but I have no way of knowing what truck will be used to cover and I am not sure what the driver will need from the truck, plus I would not feel comfortable moving any personal items from the truck. BTW, If we never pull the trucks from service what do you expect the trucks to drive like?

Missing fobs and empty lock boxes is the fault of your coworkers, we don’t take the keys with us. The mirrors have to be tight because otherwise they blow in.

I don’t know who is fixing your trucks but none of the trucks in my fleet are like that. Are you sure the mechanic is aware of all these issues? All my wipers work, defrost works all my seat tracks get lubed, and I make sure the door locks work properly when I pm the truck, if something breaks between pms I depend on a write up to know about it. I take care of my trucks so I don’t expect the drivers to work with crap, but they are abused trucks that are up to 18 years old.. stuff will break, even for the minor stuff if the driver writes what the symptom is I can at least be aware of it.

I know you guys are overworked and tired that’s why I was saying just write the symptoms, and I agree ups is a giant cluster:censored2: but we don’t have to make it worse.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'm with red tag on this 100%. Just an accurate as possible description of the issue and/or a personal visit when you cant get it done with what little space is on the DVIR. I will do the diagnosing and repairs to the best of my abilities with what limited time I have this time of year.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We aren't worried about your time. Just like you don't worry about keeping our truck out of lineup with our dollies and supplies. We scramble around to find our truck with Dollie while being screamed at to verify air packages and get out of bldg. Not to mention a different truck with no key fob, no idea of key lockbox combination, and ofcourse its empty anyway. Then we sit in the seat and mirrors are adjusted for a fat short person and our knees hit steering wheel . Seat won't move cause its broken and mirrors require an act of god to adjust. Backdoor doesn't lock because that's too minor for mechanics to worry about and pops open if chain isn't used. Ofcourse it's raining and back door seal is no good and you deliver soaked letters and boxes to customers. And ofcourse only the passenger side wipers work unless you bang on motor while driving while trying to see out a fogged windshield due to being unable to switch heater to defrost. How bout you work with the info you get from overworked drivers and we will try and work with the crap you expect us to drive. Ups is one big cluster :censored2:, IN EVERY ASPECT

Who cares? You're retired.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
That picture looks like a dead animal wound up in the wheel.

That was the 1 snow chain, not even a set, that I had in the truck. I was stuck on a moderate incline. The chain had no attachment to secure it to the tire, so I used what I found in the truck, a plastic strip that secures boxes, some tape, bungee cord.

I made it up the hill, though sideways. Part of the chain popped off, smacking around the outside of the truck. Hopefully the new snow chains will arrive before the next storm.

Redtag

I'm with red tag on this 100%. Just an accurate as possible description of the issue and/or a personal visit when you cant get it done with what little space is on the DVIR. I will do the diagnosing and repairs to the best of my abilities with what limited time I have this time of year.

Thanks,

Even if they put something like... brake pedal stiff at times, brake booster? That would be ok. That way we at least have the symptom.

For the record, I do know some mechanics here that do suck. I am not one of them because I take pride in my work, and it shows with my assigned fleet.

We have had a few lazy mechanics or ones that flat out suck.

I try to make my assigned fleet as reliable and comfortable for the driver as I can.

Just 18 years? Got some beyond 22 years.

We have a few 21 year old standard T444e trucks kicking around my center but I don’t have any in my fleet.
Wow. Best response ever. And I agree. Lmao

Your retired? :censored2: this place... go enjoy yourself

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Thanks,

Even if they put something like... brake pedal stiff at times, brake booster? That would be ok. That way we at least have the symptom.

We have had a few lazy mechanics or ones that flat out suck.

I try to make my assigned fleet as reliable and comfortable for the driver as I can.

We have a few 21 year old standard T444e trucks kicking around my center but I don’t have any in my fleet.

Your retired? :censored2: this place... go enjoy yourself
Some of the guys are just not very good. Some have a :censored2:ty work ethic. Some are a combination of both.