Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

Whither

Scofflaw
Ever seen a hamster in a hamster wheel? That’s the bonus system. Constantly moving the numbers while you furiously spin the wheel, and get nowhere.

Well-put. I would love to discover how it was our union allowed this stupidity to happen. Because it's got plenty of drivers drinking the company kool-aid.

Thebrownblob

Well-put. I would love to discover how it was our union allowed this stupidity to happen. Because it's got plenty of drivers drinking the company kool-aid.
It’s a side agreement and really it’s the company‘s trick to get you to pay attention to the numbers that were specifically negotiate it to ignore. People fall for it because they’re greedy and think it’s free money when it is nothing more than a way to bind you up in chains to their ever-changing numbers.

Whither

Scofflaw
It’s a side agreement and really it’s the company‘s trick to get you to pay attention to the numbers that were specifically negotiate it to ignore. People fall for it because they’re greedy and think it’s free money when it is nothing more than a way to bind you up in chains to their ever-changing numbers.
In other words locals allowed it? If it ever got voted in here I'd file Article 6.1 NMA against it lol. And do more than that.

My position remains: bonus should not have been allowed, and wherever it has been allowed, it should be abolished.

Thebrownblob

In other words locals allowed it? If it ever got voted in here I'd file Article 6.1 NMA against it lol. And do more than that.

My position remains: bonus should not have been allowed, and wherever it has been allowed, it should be abolished.
I don’t recall the issue (before my time) but I believe it went to arbitration years ago and was allowed with a vote, Center by center.

Whither

Scofflaw
I don’t recall the issue but I believe it went to arbitration years ago and was allowed with a vote, Center by center.
Thanks for the info. Of course it was an arbitration decision, that tracks. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF. I'm hoping I will get to chat with O'Brien tmrw. The only thing I will bother him about is the minor issue of getting rid of all the no-strike clauses.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ever seen a hamster in a hamster wheel? That’s the bonus system. Constantly moving the numbers while you furiously spin the wheel, and get nowhere.
The job has too many daily variables. One driver with a large number by very small-light pieces would get bonus but another doing the same but picking up heavy bombers might not for example.

oldngray

nowhere special
The job has too many daily variables. One driver with a large number by very small-light pieces would get bonus but another doing the same but picking up heavy bombers might not for example.
UPS will leave a couple of routes with very generous allowances as teasers for runners but most other routes quickly lose time on paper as soon as bonus goes in. I have been in centers with and without bonus so saw it happen. And was in a center when bonus went in and the numbers didn't change back after bonus was voted out.

FozziesDeliveries

My center is a bonus center and i hate it. It encourages bad and unsafe habits. The numbers and allowances always seem to slowly change too but never in your favor. Talking to long timers some say they used to run an hour or two under and now are an hour or two over but they run the routes the same way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS will leave a couple of routes with very generous allowances as teasers for runners but most other routes quickly lose time on paper as soon as bonus goes in. I have been in centers with and without bonus so saw it happen. And was in a center when bonus went in and the numbers didn't change back after bonus was voted out.
Every tough guy runner-gunner bonus driver in this forum is riding the bonus gravy train. They are shafting the company with all the free money they are hauling in. Not one ever got burned.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I had a pickup that about once a month shipped out hundreds up to 1000 nda letters
Boom baby automatic 2 hours bonus

100%

Hey UPS management. I will strike over this and everything else. YOU WANT A STRIKE, YOU GOT ONE. You laid your hand way too early. Everyone pay attention, even the anti strikers. It will take feet to the pavement bc they just called our bluff, and gave us the middle finger. #UPSstrike2023

100%

I believe this company trying to piss us off as much as possible to see if we’re serious because I don’t believe they think we are. They better buckle up because I believe Sean is and I will support him.
Yep I just posted saying UPS is already calling our bluff. Get your strike fund ready. UPS is sending a clear signal to everyone that they want a strike. How stupid is UPS management? They will be the first employees laid off. Lmao