Driving test ground.

Hey all. I failed the FedEx ground drive test but the requirements to pass we're such that I findit nerve wrecking thinking I couldnt even pass using my regular Honda car. How was your guys test?

Lol. If you couldn’t handle that without being a nervous wreck it’s probably best that you find another kind of job.

Maybe. I just made this post to see what other people got as their tests as I have looked it up online and they tend to be different. In the case they are I might try a different place. But nobody that posted here answered "How was your guys driving test"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe. I just made this post to see what other people got as their tests as I have looked it up online and they tend to be different. In the case they are I might try a different place. But nobody that posted here answered "How was your guys driving test"
Because my driving test was probably more years ago than you’ve been on his earth and it sure wasn’t in a parking lot. It was real world driving. Lol.

Oldfart

Yeah. Had to go through 5 cones winding forward then in reverse 6 times. Only 1 cone hit allowed and restart whole thing if I had to correct trajectory at all.
You are allowed to hit 3 cones total on Express close quarter maneuvers. That includes the serpentine, parallel and 3 point. You only have to do each maneuver 1 time. Did the instructor show you about "counting the cones" in your mirrors when driving backwards. If you do that, it is very easy providing you have any driving skills.

You are allowed to hit 3 cones total on Express close quarter maneuvers. That includes the serpentine, parallel and 3 point. You only have to do each maneuver 1 time. Did the instructor show you about "counting the cones" in your mirrors when driving backwards. If you do that, it is very easy providing you have any driving skills.
He did, I was actually starting to get the hang of it and managed to do 6 back and forth forths but had to correct my forward steering on the next set so he said come back next month. :(

bacha29

Hey all. I failed the FedEx ground drive test but the requirements to pass we're such that I findit nerve wrecking thinking I couldnt even pass using my regular Honda car. How was your guys test?
Perhaps the problem was that you were cold sober and you were actually thinking while driving. Seriously, the more you fear failing the test the more likely you will fail. If you show real promise perhaps they'll give you another chance. Stay calm. Work your way through it.

FedGT

If the Ground contractor is doing what they are supposed to it is supposed to be fairly difficult. I don’t remember the exact lengths per 1000, 1200, and bulk truck but it was barely over the length of the vehicle for the cones to be placed for the serpentine. Inexperienced drivers are meant to be weeded out since there are times that those skills are often used.
I remember having to help one of my residential routes after I was done with my bulk route driving a 26’ box truck. I had to deliver to a very large apartment complex that was only 1/3 built. Workers lined the streets with snow on them and multiple dumpsters were overhanging the street within inches of hitting my mirrors. After I delivered I noticed that the road was blocked by 3 cement trucks on the unfinished side so I had to back out through the entire complex.

So yeah the test is hard but it is also to train where your pivot points are, tail swing will be, and turning radius of the vehicle. What you did on that test is something you would do on close to a daily basis just getting into your parking spot in the terminal. It is quite easy once you know what to do.