Driving the Brown

TungFang

OK, How long honestly doe's it take to starting driving ? In California Chico/redding area. Is there anything you can do to speed the process up or improve your chances, of getting a spot, even a ****ty route, what can you do. Also what do you need to drive during the Christmas season ? I have a choice to make, stay with UPS and hopefully start driving, or join the CHP. Any suggestions ?

disneyworld

OK, How long honestly doe's it take to starting driving ? In California Chico/redding area. Is there anything you can do to speed the process up or improve your chances, of getting a spot, even a ****ty route, what can you do. Also what do you need to drive during the Christmas season ? I have a choice to make, stay with UPS and hopefully start driving, or join the CHP. Any suggestions ?
CHP CHP CHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's different all the time. I've seen people wait for years to be able to go driving and I have seen others start driving after tehy have been with the compeny for only a month.

helenofcalifornia

I don't know. Haven't 5 CHP officers been killed the past year? And they always post you the first couple of years in LA. CHP is a lot easier on your body though. And Chico is HOT in the summer. Ask a CHP person what they think. Good luck in your decision.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I would do some checking as to how many there are in front of you. Depending on your center size and the age of the drivers already there, it could be awhile. We had a guy at our center that was a preloader and he waited 10 years for his turn for full time driving. Others have made it in two or three years when we had several drivers retire in a short span.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

TungFang

lol, so you all think I should go to the CHP then huh ? It's just I have a family and I need the money, soon. So I'm just not sure what to do.

Lobofan5

Worth the wait i suppose.

But its a LOONG wait. Since that was about your 4th post trying to move on somewhere in about 3 days... patience might be an issue with you.

TungFang

if you do really good, and your already preloading, how long would you say the wait is ? we rung about 40 trucks all the drives look like there in there late 30's to 40's so.....