Driving with restricted license

Turdferguson

Just a turd
REALLY ???? THEY'RE only hurting themselves? YOU hurt them.

Everyone can make a mistake so this isn't about what you did.
You can get a work exemption to drive TO WORK, UPS's liability will never allow you to drive a company vehicle until your license is in good standing.
Your whole building can go to bat for you, telling HR that you're needed, it will never ever happen.
You do something in a UPS truck with a suspended license, the victim just received a winning lottery ticket.

I hope I was clear enough for you.

Should have used cap locks would have been more impressive

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Print this out and your good to go
drunk-driver-s-license-6.gif

Upser2006

NY among other states allows you to drive in the scope of your employment with a simple letter head you carry on you. Another question that came to mind is my full driving privledges will be restored in sept but still restricted..anyone have intelligent response?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey all new member here, almost 12 years with ups now and unfortunately got dwi cpl months ago...been working inside double shifting etc to get my time in. What I'm looking for is anyone with an answer as to why labor guy here in NY won't issue Employee exemption letter to let me drive??
It's frustrating as hell bc our building is dying here as peak comes twice a year and there only hurting themselves. Thanks
Was your DWI "unfortunate" as you put it, because you got caught, or because you could have killed innocent people, such as any of our family members?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
NY among other states allows you to drive in the scope of your employment with a simple letter head you carry on you. Another question that came to mind is my full driving privledges will be restored in sept but still restricted..anyone have intelligent response?

I can see 3 problems, right off the bat.

First thing, you're not a driver "required" to operate the employers equipment

in the course of your employment.

Second, the statute requires the employer grant that privilege.

It's up to their discretion and not a requirement.

Third (and most important) if you were a driver and received a DUI....

You would have been required to be evaluated by a SAP for possible referral

to rehab, with unannounced testing for up to a year.

You're just going to have to wait.

-Bug-

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
People please do your research NY or just check out this
WTF?

It says in black and white that UPS can allow you to drive their vehicle WITHOUT AN IGNITION INTERLOCK SYSTEM.
It doesn't say anything that UPS can allow you to drive a company vehicle WHILE UNDER SUSPENSION.

That statute is more for people who drive company vehicles for personal use, not for UPS package cars.
You have to pay for the ignition interlock for any vehicle YOU OWN. The company vehicle could be exempt if the owner allowed, which would be doubtful.
Enjoy your time out of the driver seat and keep looking for loopholes.

Last edited:

clean hairy

OP has a DWI which is
Hey all new member here, almost 12 years with ups now and unfortunately got dwi cpl months ago...been working inside double shifting etc to get my time in. What I'm looking for is anyone with an answer as to why labor guy here in NY won't issue Employee exemption letter to let me drive??
It's frustrating as hell bc our building is dying here as peak comes twice a year and there only hurting themselves. Thanks
Why are you asking here???
Why not go to the DMV and ask them, as they will have more accurate answers since you are not the first one who has had these questions?