DR'ng business stops.

bham brown

Well Birmingham has become a test market for a new corporate initiative. We are now driver releasing all business stops that have only one package. More than one gets a sig but only one and you must leave it. Just another way to add more stops to an already over dispatched day. Gotta love corporate. They are trying hard at trying to run this place in the ground.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just start DR'ing and hiding the package somewhere where the business wont find it. When DR'ing you need to find a "safe" delivery location...The more complaints, the better and that should put a stop to that

bham brown

You must DR or they will start the discipline process for failure to follow instructions. Funny about hiding the package. So many people were over they said to just leave it and not worry about making contact with the customer the following day. But we still have that stupid program that won't let you DR a residence because it's trying to figure out what it is.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well Birmingham has become a test market for a new corporate initiative. We are now driver releasing all business stops that have only one package. More than one gets a sig but only one and you must leave it. Just another way to add more stops to an already over dispatched day. Gotta love corporate. They are trying hard at trying to run this place in the ground.
How do you record these? The shippers should enjoy being charged residential rates for businesses.

upschuck

How many times an employee takes a package after it is signed for, and call in saying you didn't leave package even though they signed for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many times an employee takes a package after it is signed for, and call in saying you didn't leave package even though they signed for it.

I have much more success closing out a DFU when the package was signed for.

A few months ago I had a NDA for Micheals. Anyone who has ever delivered there knows what a pain they can be. Rang the bell, got an autograph, asked her what her last name was, clarified signature, closed out stop. Later that day got an ODS stating that they couldn't find the package and had no one with that last name working there. I told my OMS to have their manager ask the "short, fat black girl" what she did with the package. Never heard another word about it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I delivered to a yamaha motorcycle dealer at one time. About 90% of their packages were COD. It was a pain. they would get maybe 10 packages a day from various yamaha distributors. you had to tear off all the tags, add each one to the respective shipper, give them to their bookkeeper (who was about 90 years old) she would sign the checks, then sign for the packages. Their parts manager would then swoop in and grab all the parts. Trouble is, he was ordering stuff for him, personally. He would take a couple of packages a day, have them pay for them and sneak them to his car. The owners finally caught on something was amiss and they confronted the parts manager, and he told them that I was probably stealing them and besides that I was usually drunk when I delivered to them. The owners called in to UPS. I got called into the office. I had no idea the guy was stealing after I left. I was pist. I was ready to whip his ass the next time I went there. By the time I got there, He had fessed up, been terminated and my name was cleared.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered to a yamaha motorcycle dealer at one time. About 90% of their packages were COD. It was a pain. they would get maybe 10 packages a day from various yamaha distributors. you had to tear off all the tags, add each one to the respective shipper, give them to their bookkeeper (who was about 90 years old) she would sign the checks, then sign for the packages. Their parts manager would then swoop in and grab all the parts. Trouble is, he was ordering stuff for him, personally. He would take a couple of packages a day, have them pay for them and sneak them to his car. The owners finally caught on something was amiss and they confronted the parts manager, and he told them that I was probably stealing them and besides that I was usually drunk when I delivered to them. The owners called in to UPS. I got called into the office. I had no idea the guy was stealing after I left. I was pist. I was ready to whip his ass the next time I went there. By the time I got there, He had fessed up, been terminated and my name was cleared.

Did you give any thought to suing him for slander?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Did you give any thought to suing him for slander?
No, once it all came out he was a thief, was fired and banished from property ( I think he admitted to being on drugs too) His life was crap anyway. I was mad enough to put a whupping on him, tho. I stewed on it a whole weekend and a Monday as well (closed Mondays) I was fired up on Tuesday. He was already gone.

jaker

trolling
But did ups believe you over the customer

Ms.PacMan

Well that explains why the last DIAD training threatened discipline for scanning or stop completing a stop at the truck.

I have an office mgr for a dentist who orders things for her house and acts like a convict when I show up, whispering, ushering my out the door with the boxes, telling me to take them to her car.

We'll probably end up with bad/unsafe business DR designations like with resis.