Drug rehab:what's your opinion

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You may also be brutally wrong. Addiction can be treated and the individual become a productive and valued member of the company. The company 8s still waiting for ORION to pay off. Why not give a driver a second shot?

I think i was clear. Its a character issue, not a drug issue.

The Addiction is a byproduct of bad character. You can treat the addiction but never solve the "problem".

TOS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You may also be brutally wrong. Addiction can be treated and the individual become a productive and valued member of the company. The company 8s still waiting for ORION to pay off. Why not give a driver a second shot?
Agreed...people make mistakes and bad choices. If he's willing to turn his life around and stay clean..everyone deserves a second chance.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Lack of any response from the OP....

Indicates his thread is "after the fact" and got terminated, permanently.

Or.... a complete troll post.

-Bug-

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am going to take a different approach on this issue.

I think, you should resign from UPS and move on to a different career. UPS needs people with integrity, people who can control themselves and their behaviors.

Your co workers also depend on you being of sound mind and judgement. One stupid action on your part could (in theory) hurt a co worker.

Doing drugs is one of the weakest things a person can do. It signals a real weakness in your character.

I for one, wouldnt want a drug user of any kind working alongside myself.

You should seek treatment, accept your shame in your town, and move on. UPS isnt the place for people with addictions.

Addictions lead to other things, like theft, you are already dishonest and this by way of arrest.

Find a better way to live your life. Find the strength to become an adult free of dependancy.

If not, you are doomed to repeat your mistakes over and over until you commit a more serious crime and then your next job may be punching out license plates.

That is brutally honest.

TOS.

I have to ask, TOS. Do you live in a glass house?

And the Gary Busey comparison is one of the lamest possible.

barnyard

KTM rider
Treatment for addiction includes living a life of honesty.

How honest????

Earlier this year, I got a ticket for 10 over. The deputy gave me the ticket, told me to flip it over and said, "There are the instructions on how to fight it."

Me, "I do not intend to fight it. I'll just pay it."

Deputy, "You have the option to fight it, the judge could reduce it..."

I cut him off saying, "To fight it, I would say that you lied by writing down 10 over. I was doing that, you caught me fair and square, to fight it would be a lie. I am a clean and sober fellow and do not lie. It is a condition of my sobriety."

TOS, you just earned a spot on my ignore list. May you rot there.