Drug rehab:what's your opinion

brostalss

Addiction of any kind (drugs alcohol, gambling, etc) is a struggle and that struggle is unique to that individual.

Admitting you have a problem is the first and hardest step to make. I know of people who battle their addiction everyday. It's one day at a time.

I also know of people who are glad they got the help they needed and couldn't be in a better place.

It's all about choice. Do you want to take the easy escape or make the uphill climb to kick whatever addiction you have?

brostalss

I seem to recall a Steward who went to arbitration for a Driver who had alcohol in his package car.

But that same Steward is saying no place for addicts at UPS. Hmmm.

box_beeyotch

That's not what I am claiming, I am stating marijuana is not addicting and I don't think rehab should even be an option.

Want to quit smoking pot? Put the pipe down... it's that easy and I know this for a fact. I was a heavy pot smoker during and a couple years after high school. Then I realized how it wasn't helping me advance my career so what did I do? I quit smoking. No rehab, no relapse and no post drug use psychological issues.

I still can't put the nicotine down though... :(
Nicotine gets you through the day at ups.

P

pickup

So yea I'm a real idiot and I have made a few stupid
decisions during my 20 ish yrs with ups, one of them is using marijuana.
I'm a smoke pot before bed kind of guy or kind of drug addict, I know that's how some people look at it and I won't argue the point. It is what it is. I have kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble until recently when I got arrested for something stupid (drug related)my lawyer says it will probably be dismissed or I'll end up paying fines so I'm not to worried about the legal end of it. HOWEVER unfortunately the township in which it happened puts your photo on their Facebook page. So everybody at work is aware of the situation and I am expecting a drug test upon returning to work. I took three weeks vacation immediately upon hearing that my photo was online, I ordered some at home drug test's and unfortunately my urine still tests positive for THC.Obviously I'm done with using marijuana it's been almost a month but that will mean nothing if they hand me a cup on Monday . I am well aware of protocol, two trained mgt must observe employee action or appearing under the influence but let's be real, they can test me if they want and I won't have a leg to stand on when it comes back positive. I honestly believe I deserve it. From a company standpoint they deserve sober employees so (I'm not crying the-this is unfair blues-I made my bed and in it I shall sleep)my plan is to call the union this morning and request a voluntary admission To rehab as My only goal at this point is maintaining employment. So I guess I'm looking for any advice / opinions / and input that you guys might have, I know I can count on my fellows upsers to be brutally honest . Thanks guys
JUST SAY NO ;(

Drink lots water, and don't give them your first piss.

BrownChoice

Its just amusing to me that the OP is concerned for his career for simple pot, yet there are MILLIONS who take prescription drugs whether it be stimulants depressants, etc. and abuse them yet have no worries in the world. Ironic?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Its just amusing to me that the OP is concerned for his career for simple pot, yet there are MILLIONS who take prescription drugs whether it be stimulants depressants, etc. and abuse them yet have no worries in the world. Ironic?

28cf68w.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I cannot believe I actually read this whole thread.

I do not care you have taken responsibility..because you were caught otherwise you would have kept smoking.

You are still a drug addict, I hope you get fired.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You're a real sweetheart.
True leaders are people who have compassion for people and want to help people be successful and be successful themselves, that's why you don't see true leaders in management. Half of them shouldn't even be in management. Id put our supes to shame with ease n id fire almost all of them for being poor examples of what leaders should not be.