Drug Testing for Package Delivery Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You don't get drug tested for a DOT physical. The only reason you would get drug tested in delivery is if you gave the company reasonable cause to believe that you were using drugs. So basically don't worry about it unless you want to go into feeders.

Think about it, big guy, in New Jersey going in for a road test on Monday.

If the right manager happens to be reading BC, it wouldn't take much to figure out who he is.

Just sayin'.

Bearington

Think about it, big guy, in New Jersey going in for a road test on Monday.

If the right manager happens to be reading BC, it wouldn't take much to figure out who he is.

Just sayin'.

I'll be more than able to pass a drug test haha.

clean hairy

By posting here you cannot get a truly accurate answer, as things may have changed since many on here have been hired.
Go to HR and tell them what you have posted here.
Those are the only folks who can give you the correct regarding current hiring practices.
Of course you won't do that, as you want to beat the system to get hired on.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thank you for your very helpful insight brotha!
As a package driver for 19 years, was never drug tested. Not even pre-employment. As a feeder driver for 11 years, been tested 4 times.

National Master

Article 35

Section 4.1 Employees Who Must Be Tested

UPS employees subject to Department of Transportation mandated
alcohol testing are drivers of vehicles with a vehicle weight rating
over 26,000 pounds, requiring a Commercial Drivers License
(CDL). This includes mechanics and employees who relieve for
vacations or other temporary vacancies. Any employee who drives
a tractor-trailer and is on the qualified feeder driver list is also subject
to DOT mandated testing as provided in this Agreement.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
By posting here you cannot get a truly accurate answer, as things may have changed since many on here have been hired.
Those are the only folks who can give you the correct regarding current hiring practices.
While you may get inaccurate information, HR and UPS still has to follow the contract. While things have changed since some got hired, he can read the contract for himself.

The contract does NOT allow for pre-employment or random drug testing for drivers driving vehicles under 26,000 pounds requiring a CDL. ie. package drivers.

Article 35 of The National Master

Section 4.1 Employees Who Must Be Tested

UPS employees subject to Department of Transportation mandated
alcohol testing are drivers of vehicles with a vehicle weight rating
over 26,000 pounds, requiring a Commercial Drivers License
(CDL). This includes mechanics and employees who relieve for
vacations or other temporary vacancies. Any employee who drives
a tractor-trailer and is on the qualified feeder driver list is also subject
to DOT mandated testing as provided in this Agreement.

The whole contract can be found here

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

PhatAzz

Hey Mr Know it all, I found out my girlfriend was pregnant last Friday and I stopped smoking this Monday.... Applied on Tuesday and now I am in this predicament.

Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

You sound like you're young - maybe under 30 or 35. New baby on the way and stuff. If you have to smoke weed to get by/ exist/ maintain/ whatever - then you should probably consider another line of work. It ain't gonna get any easier. You're gonna hurt someone else or get injured yourself sooner or later. You're not invincible, no matter how many pills you take or how often you get high. You need a large dose of Wake the hell up and grow up.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I do see your point about telling HR that he smokes weed and asking them if he is subject to a pre-employment drug test to see if he needs to detox before the test.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can understand some horsing around but not every post, I mean sometimes people just want to ask genuine questions and find out real questions.
I understand. If you stick around awhile you'll understand there's times on this site that it feels like the movie Groundhog Day.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Some folks on this board may have children with special needs. Surely, you could use your expanded consciousness to come up with a better word than ":censored2:".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you suffer from anxiety and depression, passing the physical is not what you need to worry about. Not a good job for you.

Bearington

Guys, I have completely stopped smoking already!! Thank you for all of the replies. All i wanted to know was if they drug screened! I do not plan to continue smoking on the job, or at all for that matter. This thread was made for information and I have received the information I desired.

THANK YOU!!!! To everyone who helped and actually gave insight on this matter!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Guys, I have completely stopped smoking already!! Thank you for all of the replies. All i wanted to know was if they drug screened! I do not plan to continue smoking on the job, or at all for that matter. This thread was made for information and I have received the information I desired.

I don't believe you.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Would I be correct to assume, you're an off-the-street hire?

PhatAzz

Well, you've got a pretty good attitude in spite of all the stuff that's been said on this thread. Good luck:thumbup1:

I truly don't understand where your point of view comes from.. nowhere in my post did I say I wasn't willing to stop smoking weed.

The reason for my post was to make sure I actually had enough time to get myself detoxed.
Don't smoke anything if you want to have continued employment at ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.