DUI

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just swing by the fish market and pick up a replacement.
LOL You're a funny guy! :wink2:

On your other post Cache, I agree with you. 1st time should not mean termination. 2nd however is a different story. As far as the .04........ drinking a half of a beer can put a person at .04. Does that mean I am impaired. Not at all, all it means is that I am in violation of federal law (notice I said federal-for those of you that don't know CDL drivers are regulated under federal law). Personally I think it sucks that us CDL drivers are held to .04 even in our personal vehicles and not on the clock. But, it is what it is.

BILLYB

Yo Upstate;
I am down in New Windsor bldg NY. We were moved from North Jersey to Syracuse district. I still do not know who our DM is! Is it ** ******or someone else - the man has only visited our bldg 2X in the last year and did not bother to introduce himself as I recall. He did accuse a fellow driver of being guilty of stealing company time while the arbitration hearing was about to begin. Balls up for him I guess since the driver lost the hearing and was fired! I felt it was pretty ballsy to declare someone guilty before a trial but this seems to be prevalent in America these days! Hope you can shed some light on the subject. TIA (thanks in advance!) BILLYB

Last edited by a moderator:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I also agree with Billy on being charged versus convicted. One can be charged with suspicion of DUI and never have a drop of alcohol or drugs. On the flip side I also recognize how the company cannot afford to have somone on the road until the matter is resolved.

Charged vs Convicted is a very slippery slope. The town I'm in is very DUI enforced. They have stopped many residents and charged them with DUI then throw it away in court. These people are still in the paper the next morning treated as criminals.

Also, its a state law that if you refuse the breathalyzer test, your license is automatically suspended for 3 months. This would keep you from a DUI arrest but UPS may feel differently when you need to work inside for 3 months.

I do agree that after a 1st arrest and the SAP program, you best be 100% clean if you wanted to keep working here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's this?

This is where the District Manager rides with a driver looking for sales lead opportunities while the driver delivers the route. My area has been designated as a growth area. He was with me for about 2 hours and turned in what he thought were 5 quality sales leads. So far we are 0 for 2 on those "quality" leads.

over9five

Staff member
This is where the District Manager rides with a driver looking for sales lead opportunities while the driver delivers the route. My area has been designated as a growth area. He was with me for about 2 hours and turned in what he thought were 5 quality sales leads. So far we are 0 for 2 on those "quality" leads.

I had one of those rides once too. Strange though that it was the Vermont head guy that rode with me. Don't remember his name, but he was real close to retiring at the time, maybe eight or ten years ago. EVERY TIME he filled in a "quality" lead, I would tell him that I had already submitted a lead for that business. But he filled it in anyhow, and nothing came from any of them.

City Driver

The one that you report to when you have a problem.Same as an on car sup.Usually one that trained you.The one that sits beside you on your annual safety ride.The one that approves or dissaproves your optionals.
The one that hands you a letter of reprimand for having a late air.The guy that questions why you ran 2 1/2 hours overallowed.The one that first begs with you then threatens you about the consequences when you call in sick.THAT GUY.

over here we call them sh** for brains

but the proper term is dispatchers

I reread my post and need to clarify it as I was rambling and half asleep.
A driver who gets pulled over,passes all the tests with flying colors yet blows a .05 is because of the CDL law is technically a DUI yet if all he had was a standard license would possibly walk.As I pointed out in my first post a .04 is so easy to hit yet depending on the physical attributes of the person they may not even feel so much as a buzz,could safely out drive a majority of the general public,and yet still be in the eyes of the law a DUI. That however does not automatically enter him into the "he`s an idiot get rid of him before he kills someone" club. The definition of that guy is the habitual DUI,should have lost their license long ago but because he`s a lawyer pulls some strings and keeps driving,tanks up at a business meeting to the tune of a .19,smokes through an intersection without so much as cracking the throttle and all but kills a young woman I`m particularly fond of,That guy deserves the death penalty in my book.

Now someone who has had their second chance and still can`t get their priority's straight doesn`t belong driving for our company.
Oh,and P.S. for my fellow drivers. You do not have to drink to get a DUI. If you are on or taking ANYTHING that impairs your ability you can and most likely if you have a CDL will be charged with one and have to go through the same rehab courses to keep your job. Question everything you take even if it`s from your own doctor. Make him aware you`re a driver and hold a CDL when he starts to prescribe a medicine for you.