Dumb Customer Question

Star B

White Lightening
Hey, dumb question. Is there a metric for "Leaving a package where the customer wants it" that you guys are held to or something?

Reason why I ask is I updated my "My Choice" to another place at my house because I got 3k worth of :censored2: and I wanted them to leave it in there.. out of sight, out of mind. Well, they didn't. They left it on the porch, as always, and marked it that they left it at my "requested location". Basically, falsification.

And I haven't updated my preferences and every single delivery has been at that "location" but it's been on my porch. More faslification. However, it's so piddly that I'm not going to call in a complaint for it but damn... how hard is it to actually mark that you're leaving it on my porch?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey, dumb question. Is there a metric for "Leaving a package where the customer wants it" that you guys are held to or something?

Reason why I ask is I updated my "My Choice" to another place at my house because I got 3k worth of :censored2: and I wanted them to leave it in there.. out of sight, out of mind. Well, they didn't. They left it on the porch, as always, and marked it that they left it at my "requested location". Basically, falsification.

And I haven't updated my preferences and every single delivery has been at that "location" but it's been on my porch. More faslification. However, it's so piddly that I'm not going to call in a DFU for it but damn... how hard is it to actually mark that you're leaving it on my porch?

Is the package missing?

Star B

White Lightening
Sorry, not DFU, I meant complaint. and no, I've got it this time. but I'm next to a high school and I've had kids porch-pirate :censored2: off my porch before, which is why I put in directions on my choice.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Sorry, not DFU, I meant complaint. and no, I've got it this time. but I'm next to a high school and I've had kids porch-pirate :censored2: off my porch before, which is why I put in directions on my choice.
File a complaint, because if your stuff ends up missing and you authorized release through My Choice you will be S.O.L when you file a claim. You release UPS for being responsible for it

Star B

White Lightening
Got it. This stuff wasn't authorized for release because it was not sig required, but the other stuff was. I just want accurate data.

I'd have it shipped to the station if my house didn't get the deliveries quicker than the airport!

upschuck

So, you are saying that you've had this location before for a while, and changed it for this one shipment? Honestly, probably thought it was the same as all your other packages, and didn't look at it this time.

Future

Victory Ride
File a complaint, because if your stuff ends up missing and you authorized release through My Choice you will be S.O.L when you file a claim. You release UPS for being responsible for it
817F742F-390B-492D-B609-AC70E008A14D.gif

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So, you are saying that you've had this location before for a while, and changed it for this one shipment? Honestly, probably thought it was the same as all your other packages, and didn't look at it this time.
Stop making excuses frog.....It was you wasn't it

Star B

White Lightening
It's been changed for about 2-3 months now. I didn't change it back and there has been 4 deliveries since the high dollar shipment. Once, okay, twice, maybe, but we're getting to the point where I'm wondering if it's just some metric they are trying to meet.

Star B

White Lightening
Here's another thing, I'm a corner lot in town. So, I can see how they are shaving time off by cutting steps if they aren't heading down my street. It could be that also...

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Do you live in Upstate New York? If so, don't complain. Drivers up there have a cat to get home to. No time to do it right. Might cut into that holy overallowed.

iowa boy

You need to contact UPS and make sure your 'My Choice' location has been updated for your address. Us drivers can only go by what the board says and if it hasn't been updated in the drivers board, then that would be why its at the wrong location at your house.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sounds like your address change is SOL. Happens one in a blue moon.
We have a business customer that has moved for over 10 months, me and the related driver manually intercept the address every day.
Why? Because those idiots in the office literally are incapable of doing anything.

I would chat or leave a note with the driver. An angry customer's signature on a piece of paper is all they would need to ignore the address and get it delivered to your secondary location.

barnyard

KTM rider
You should complain.
We were told that if the customer requests a spot, that is where it goes and if we mark it differently, it shows up on a report.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sounds like your address change is SOL. Happens one in a blue moon.
We have a business customer that has moved for over 10 months, me and the related driver manually intercept the address every day.
Why? Because those idiots in the office literally are incapable of doing anything.

I would chat or leave a note with the driver. An angry customer's signature on a piece of paper is all they would need to ignore the address and get it delivered to your secondary location.

Not a secondary address, a different location at his address. Instead of dr porch, he wants it dr car port, or wood shed, or fall-out shelter. I would totally take the extra steps for an underground bunker.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a couple that have myChoice that I have no clue where to leave their stuff. They want Front Door. The houses are built on a lake so the houses are built with the fronts facing the lake. It also does not look like those doors are ever used, so I leave stuff by the door that faces the road.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

And I haven't updated my preferences and every single delivery has been at that "location" but it's been on my porch. More faslification. However, it's so piddly that I'm not going to call in a complaint for it but damn... how hard is it to actually mark that you're leaving it on my porch?

My guess is you got a runner gunner on your route. I think you're saying that the tracking shows that the packages were released at your requested location, but they are actually being released at the porch. If that's the case, the board automatically prompts and enters the dr location. I'd agree with @upschuck that the driver is simply not checking the message before hitting the button to accept the dr location. No one in management is going to really care about the dr location not matching unless a package goes missing. You will probably be best off leaving a physical note for the driver explaining the change.

a911scanner

Had one today that requested "side door". Looked like an overgrown path on the side of the garage that may or may not have lead to a "side door"

If I need a weed whacker to get there, it's Orange,5,7.