DWS vs AW

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you notice that when the pres. and Debbie mention putting people back to work they always say, firemen, police, teachers, construction, etc. ?? All union people. What about the regular old people who are unemployed?
DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz: It’s “Such Baloney” To Say Stimulus Bill Didn’t Work…

Is it “baloney” to say Obama promised unemployment wouldn’t go over 8% if the stimulus bill passed and it eventually rose above 10%? Of course not, it’s a fact.
(CNS News) — Public pensions have not dragged down state budgets, and the “mantra that the Recovery (stimulus) Act did not work is such baloney,” Democrat Party Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz said Monday morning.

The Florida Democrat was plugging President Obama’s jobs plan on Fox News. She said the plan would be paid for by “closing corporate loopholes,” bringing jobs back to the U.S., and by raising taxes on the “wealthy and more fortunate.”

“At the end of the day, we have to make sure that we don’t continue to deepen our problems by laying off more teachers, firefighters and police officers. We have to make sure we put construction workers back to work like the American Jobs Plan would do by investing in the infrastructure we need, and we have to make sure that this is paid for by folks who are not paying their fair share now, making sure that the wealthy and more fortunate step up to the plate, and that’s how we’re going to get this done.”

Schultz said the Democrats’ $787 billion Recovery Act was credited with “creating 3.6 million jobs in this country, and it made sure that we didn’t have tens of thousands of teachers, firefighters and police officers and other first responders laid off — left twisting in the wind.

moreluck

golden ticket member
DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz: Obama Can’t Lose To Tea Party Extremist Candidates…[/h]
How many times a week do you think DWS says the word “extremist”? I’m betting at least a hundred.
(CBS News) — Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz says it makes no difference which Republican presidential candidate scores the nomination for 2012 — because they all share extreme-right views that will not prevail over President Obama.
Wasserman Schultz, speaking in an appearance on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” said Sunday that any Republican candidate in the field would pose a “very stark contrast” when matched up against Mr. Obama in the 2012 election, particularly on issues like Social Security, immigration reform and Medicare.
“It doesn’t much matter which one of the Republicans gets nominated because they’re all the same,” the Florida Democrat said. “They are all embracing and bear-hugging the Tea Party. Moving to the right — they can’t move to the right far enough.
Addressing Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus, who also appeared on the show. the Florida Congresswoman said, “My state will go in the win column for President Obama again because the extremists in the Tea Party control your party.”
Priebus argued that Mr. Obama was “upside down” in Florida, and cited a September 13 New York special election — in which Republican Bob Turner beat Democrat David Weprin for the seat vacated by the retired Democrat Anthony Weiner — that “these talking points have been tested” and that “they’re imploding.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz: “Anyone” Can See Economy’s Improving…
Yeah, “anyone” . . . after they’ve smoked a pound of crack.
(CNS News) — DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz insisted to CNSNews.com yesterday that “anyone’ can see that the economy is improving and sought to interpret what Pres. Obama really meant when he admitted Monday that Americans were not better off today than four years ago.

“Well, what President Obama said was that certainly since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, that Americans are not better off,” Wasserman Schultz told CNSNews.com. “That was specifically the president’s comment. I thought. And I think anyone who looks at the economy knows we have come a long way.

“We are certainly no longer dropping like a rock like we were in the months leading up to President Obama taking office,” Wasserman Schultz continued. “And now we’ve begun to turn the corner.”
“Anyone” can see that we’ve turned the corner? Really?

Even the 115,730 people who lost their jobs last month (the most in more than two years), or the American Airlines workers faced with the danger that their employer is going to have to file for bankruptcy?
And, how about the person at the pump fretting over the cost of filling his gas tank, or the young couple trying to sell their home?

I guess these aren’t the “anyones” the DNC chair was referring to.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(The Hill) — DNC Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) on Tuesday said the nationwide Occupy Wall Street protests are “symbolic of the frustration that middle class folks and working people feel that the wealthy always seem to have the wind at their backs.”

Appearing on MSNBC, Wasserman Schultz criticized Republicans for focusing on President Obama’s job performance instead of developing proposals to help the middle class. She said the GOP’s agenda would only “fatten the wallets of people who are already quite fortunate.”

“We understand their frustration, we applaud their activism and hopefully they’re going to help get the Republicans in Washington’s attention so we shift the Republican’s focus from just Barack Obama’s job, to everyone’s job,” she said of the protesters.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
moreluck;888016 “We understand their frustration said:
we applaud their activism [/SIZE]and hopefully they’re going to help get the Republicans in Washington’s attention so we shift the Republican’s focus from just Barack Obama’s job, to everyone’s job,” she said of the protesters.

Thats a good Little Debbie...keep praising the law brakers, keep praising the vandels, keep praising the idiots who deficate on police cars, keep praising them and make sure you get more of your Democratic friends to praise them also. And could you call the Messiah and have him praise them too...in fact i think he should show up and tell them how he gave bailouts to those same people they are complaining about., and make sure he tells them how much money he got from them for his campaign. Yes Little Debbie...keep praising them...BAWHHAHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
(The Hill) — Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) rejected President Obama’s comparison between Martin Luther King Jr. and what he called the “Occupy Wall Street gangs.”

“Martin Luther King Jr. would not have backed these types of protesters,” West said, noting that he was born and raised in King’s neighborhood. “First of all, Martin Luther King, Jr. had a focus, a message. He was divinely inspired. I don’t know what the inspiration is for these individuals.”

Obama last weekend suggested the civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. would have sympathized with the ongoing demonstrations against Wall Street, indicating both movements sought justice.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Allen West Questions Obama’s Motives For Sudden Decision To Withdraw All Forces From Iraq, “I Fear He’s Acting As ‘Campaigner in Chief’ Rather Than ‘Commander in Chief’”…

And Allen West completed a 1 1/2 year combat tour of duty in Iraq during the height of the insurgency (along with a 2 1/2 year combat tour of duty in Afghanistan), so he has every right to question Dear Leader’s motives.
Via GretaWire:
Congressman Allen West (FL-22) released this statement today:
“Today, the President announced the withdrawal of all combat forces from Iraq by the end of the year.
As a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom who served during the initial battles of this conflict, I am proud to be among the more than one million Americans who served in Iraq. What my fellow comrades in arms achieved in Iraq is nothing short of historic. Together, we defeated one of history’s most tyrannical dictatorships and replaced it with a free and democratic government. American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines fought and defeated a radical Islamic insurgency, and helped create an ally and partner in freedom.

I will never forget those who I served with, and those who served after I left. I will never forget the sacrifice borne by so many of our service members and their families.

However, I must question the motives of President Barack Obama for this sudden announcement. Why now? Did the President consult with any of our American Generals on the ground before making this decision? What kind of message will this send to our allies, the Kurds, in the Northern part of Iraq, and will they feel abandoned? My fear is that political expediency drove this decision, not recommendations by the Military’s leadership.

Much is at stake and many questions are yet to be answered. I fear that our President is acting as “Campaigner in Chief” rather than “Commander in Chief,” thus putting the entire Middle East at risk.
Right now, the American people deserve ans

moreluck

golden ticket member
DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz Tries To Convert Elementary Schoolchildren Into “Little Democrats”…
“We are leaving no stone unturned.”
CHARLESTON — U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, interrupted an interview with a reporter Saturday in Charleston to speak with two elementary-school age children that she quickly labeled “little Democrats.”

“We are leaving no stone unturned,”
she said once she returned to the interview.
Wasserman Schultz and the rest of the Democratic Party will have to turn over quite a few stones to make headway in South Carolina, which has not voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976 – 35 years ago.
Things are not any better at the state level. Last year, Democrats lost their only statewide office, superintendent of education, and one of their two congressional seats, when 28-year incumbent John Spratt lost to Republican state representative Mick Mulvaney in his first run for federal office.

“I know it’s been an uphill battle,” Wasserman Schultz said, “but the longest distance starts with the first step.”
Wasserman Schultz was in Charleston on Saturday night hoping to help state Democrats take that first step, speaking to a gathering of several hundred party supporters at the second annual Blue Jamboree at the Charleston Maritime Center

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 @ 3:35 pm | DNC Chief Wassserman Schultz: Flat Tax “Definition of Insanity”…

Speaking of insanity.
(The Hill) — Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wassserman Schultz slammed Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry’s tax plan, saying his flat tax proposal would benefit the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the middle class and increase the deficit.

“My reaction to Rick Perry’s new/old plan is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result,” said Wasserman Schultz on MSNBC Tuesday.
Perry, the Texas governor, laid out a sweeping overhaul to the nation’s tax code, entitlements and way of budgeting Tuesday. He called for an optional 20 percent flat tax, a privatized option for Social Security and a hike in the eligibility age for Social Security and Medicare.

“This is not a new idea, this is not something that’s proposed for the first time. A flat tax has been introduced in the past and it’s been rejected because it blows a hole in the deficit,” she added.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Friday, November 4, 2011 @ 9:58 am DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz: Saying Life Begins At Conception Is “Extreme And Radical”…

Unreal.
(CNSNews.com) — Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Fla.), chair of the Democratic National Committee, said Thursday that for states to enact constitutional amendments that say human life begins at conception is “an extreme and radical step.”

“For the vast majority of Americans, including people on both sides of the abortion issue, this is an extreme and radical step,” she said.

Speaking to reporters on a conference call, Wasserman-Schultz said that so-called personhood amendments are a “divisive, dangerous, and destructive” attack on women.

“To American women, their reproductive health and choice is an intensely personal and private issue between themselves, their families, and their doctors,” the DNC chairwoman said. “But Republicans in Washington and across the country have tried to limit these rights, with their assault on Planned Parenthood in Congress and restrictive laws in the states being among several examples.”

“Now,” she said, “the effort by the far right [is] to pass these so-called personhood amendments — divisive, dangerous, and destructive laws which would cripple a woman’s right to choose, limit access to birth control, and put the lives of women with difficult pregnancies at risk.”

Friday, November 4, 2011 @ 9:58 am DNC Chief Wasserman Schultz: Saying Life Begins At Conception Is “Extreme And Radical”…

Unreal.

(CNSNews.com)
— Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Fla.), chair of the Democratic National Committee, said Thursday that for states to enact constitutional amendments that say human life begins at conception is “an extreme and radical step.”

“For the vast majority of Americans, including people on both sides of the abortion issue, this is an extreme and radical step,” she said.

Speaking to reporters on a conference call, Wasserman-Schultz said that so-called personhood amendments are a “divisive, dangerous, and destructive” attack on women.

“To American women, their reproductive health and choice is an intensely personal and private issue between themselves, their families, and their doctors,” the DNC chairwoman said. “But Republicans in Washington and across the country have tried to limit these rights, with their assault on Planned Parenthood in Congress and restrictive laws in the states being among several examples.”

“Now,” she said, “the effort by the far right [is] to pass these so-called personhood amendments — divisive, dangerous, and destructive laws which would cripple a woman’s right to choose, limit access to birth control, and put the lives of women with difficult pregnancies at risk.”

What I find unreal here is some of the comments the she devil uses in her speech. " “divisive, dangerous, and destructive”attack on women": divisive, yes..dangerous, in some situations maybe....destructive, how so? attack on women. absolutely not. Every one is at risk, everyday including women we can't legislate that away.

What does bother me about these amendments is how on earth can a group of politicians decide when life begins, while scientists haven't been able to agree on the matter for decades. Laws & amendments such as these are attempts to legislate morality and it just doesn't work. However, if taking the life of an unborn child is going to be made illegal, then the beginning of life has to be defined, somehow.

I support removing tax dollars from the abortion process. I support protecting the life of the soon to be children.

The whole purpose of DW's conference call to reporters was to get "right to choice" advocates across the country up in arms for the coming elections next year. The DNC is desperate to regain lost seats in the legislature. What better way than to accuse the right of female genocide.

I usually divert my eyes away from any pictures of this woman, but I did notice the looks on the faces of the two men in the photo. Looks as they are both thinking. " Oh crap, she didn't really say that out loud!"