E-Star* Update!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The fedex circus,Raj and Jr piloting the clown car
5FE87F16-1993-439A-BBD1-BDB5982C7452.jpeg

Nolimitz

Found out today that estar or whatever routing software they are using is based/defaulted to a 53" truck. you need to change it in LEO to the correct size van for correct turn by turn routing.

Give me a Freaking break... Are they that stupid to use a Semi as the default?

MAKAVELI

Found out today that estar or whatever routing software they are using is based/defaulted to a 53" truck. you need to change it in LEO to the correct size van for correct routing.

Yes, they are that stupid.

Star B

White Lightening
Found out today that estar or whatever routing software they are using is based/defaulted to a 53" truck. you need to change it in LEO to the correct size van for correct turn by turn routing.

that's not estar, that's omnitracs.

fatboy33

Turn by turn, Stop order must be followed regardless of route/knowledge or a stops at 123 main and another at 125 Main that are 4-5 hours apart. You may get 5-10 stops on way to original route and 5-10 on return trip to station. pray you get your outbound back before shuttle leaves
You forgot to mention the added on call pups because you just so happened to be in this area at the time. Just wounding if we will still have regular pups as well or just whoever is in that area at 1600, those regulars become theirs??

Nolimitz

You forgot to mention the added on call pups because you just so happened to be in this area at the time. Just wounding if we will still have regular pups as well or just whoever is in that area at 1600, those regulars become theirs??
dont think my route will ever have Estar before I retire. Im out in the boonies

thedownhillEXPRESS

The regulars become theirs.
Of course the guy who know exactly what time the customer wants you to come is wrong.
Sure Dano59 (and all on time), will point to the pickup access, but we all know that doesn’t tell the whole story.
If our goal is to piss off as many customers as possible, EStar is the future.
Being flexible and coming back later? Nope. Sorry ma’am , we need to run this imaginary order so we can pay the lowest wages possible and mimic Amazon.
People around the world are dying to watch their Chewy and Fashion Nova packages mid-delivered in real time.

Last edited:

dezguy

The second I saw my stop order I deliberately disobeyed it and made service. No one said anything.
Why?

We don't have estar yet but the second they tells us we're using it, I'm running it to a T. Seems like a good way to get my stop count dropped.

Want to treat me like an idiot and have a computer tell me the best way to do the route? Fine, I'll play the part and turn my brain off, just like you asked.

MassWineGuy

When it's fully installed, you have to run it in order. Customers will be notified when they will receive their package. ESTAR will also tell you when to take break.

What about real time traffic conditions and bad weather? You mean, if you go to a stop out of order you can’t deliver there?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The regulars become theirs.
Of course the guy who know exactly what time the customer wants you to come is wrong.
The customer sets the pickup window. That's what time they want the courier to arrive.

Sure Dano59 (and all on time), will point to the pickup access, but we all know that doesn’t tell the whole story.
If our goal is to piss off as many customers as possible, EStar is the future.
Being flexible and coming back later? Nope.
OK, what's the point of the customer setting a pickup window if they don't want to adhere it? If they want us to come back later, let them schedule another pickup.

Star B

White Lightening
People around the world are dying to watch their Chewy and Fashion Nova packages mid-delivered in real time.
My "Real Time" amazon experience.

At 1030:
Now Arriving 10:50AM - 11:45
At 11:25
Now Arriving 1:00PM - 3PM
At 1:30
Now Arriving 2:30PM - 4PM
at 3pm
Now Arriving 3:45PM - 6PM

Oh yeah, I totally want the amazon experience. Instead of just being disappointed at it not getting there at just 10:30/12:00 I get to watch as multiple windows get blown away!

thedownhillEXPRESS

The customer sets the pickup window. That's what time they want the courier to arrive.

OK, what's the point of the customer setting a pickup window if they don't want to adhere it? If they want us to come back later, let them schedule another pickup.
I agree in theory to all of that. However, in the real world it detroys any working relationship between the customer and the regular driver.Sure they will get used to it but at what cost.
We should be building and maintaining those connections vs chasing someone elses business model.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I agree in theory to all of that. However, in the real world it detroys any working relationship between the customer and the regular driver.Sure they will get used to it but at what cost.
We should be building and maintaining those connections vs chasing someone elses business model.
Or we could pursue the cheaper and more efficient solution of getting customers to have their pickups ready when they say they will. Contrary to popular belief, it's OK to get customers up to speed and expect them to get with it.

Spam

I noticed that the other day, how do you change it?

fatboy33

The worst thing that could happen is the customer seeing no difference in fedex service, post office service or any of those carriers who use their personal cars wearing street clothes. The customer begins to ask, why pay for A+ service and settle for C- service? I expect fedex will lose customers from this system. How long did DRA last....4 years? It didn't effect the customers too much but it did allowed a lot of couriers to relax on their routes, they being much more productive prior to DRA. The company knows this but doesn't was to lose face by admitting that fact. E-star is on the clock. I will say the accidents have gone down a lot during the DRA era. Doing less stops is safer, I must admit.