E-Star* Update!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The company knows this but doesn't was to lose face by admitting that fact. E-star is on the clock. I will say the accidents have gone down a lot during the DRA era. Doing less stops is safer, I must admit.
FedEx doesn't want to lose face that DRA is awful, but it's safer, but they don't care about safety, but they have cameras in the cabs for safety reasons. And they give me too many stops and not enough help to get them all off, and it's BS that they're giving our stops to Ground.

This board sounds like some of my wife's family.

SmithBarney

FedEx doesn't want to lose face that DRA is awful, but it's safer, but they don't care about safety, but they have cameras in the cabs for safety reasons. And they give me too many stops and not enough help to get them all off, and it's BS that they're giving our stops to Ground.

This board sounds like some of my wife's family.
That's why you are here instead of hanging out with your wife....

Aquaman

The answer? in my opinion is have pick ups pre scheduled like Ground does saves couriers time and fuel.
I think oncalls should have to be scheduled during delivery hours. Cutoff should be around 3pm. No company should be able to call at 5pm and get a pickup window of 5:30-6:30. You can call, but the pickup should be scheduled for the next day.

ExizFed

I think oncalls should have to be scheduled during delivery hours. Cutoff should be around 3pm. No company should be able to call at 5pm and get a pickup window of 5:30-6:30. You can call, but the pickup should be scheduled for the next day.
I think the cutoff for on calls is after 1 at Express not sure about UPS though.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Exactly. Our station used to take oncalls up to 6PM. Way too generous and foolish too. It was usually the same old slower than molasses in January clientele every time.

whenIgetthere

I think the cutoff for on calls is after 1 at Express not sure about UPS though.
Cut offs vary, out in the boondocks here, it is 1400, 1600 in the burbs, and 1700 in the city. My old station, cutoff was 1800 for the entire area. Stations in the city used to have even later cut offs, not sure if that has changed, though.

McFeely

Huge Member
That's because you're fairly close to the ramp. My station is more than 80 miles from the ramp, so latest cut off is 1700. Only one CTV, and that leaves for the ramp just before 1830.

I just remembered one of the zip codes in my area has a 1000 cutoff for oncalls. It was always amazing to know you wouldn't get any more oncall messages pop up for that area at that point in your day. One of my routes in the past had 6 zip codes and 4 different cutoff times. I had to run the route to optimize for the stupid oncalls because of the amount of miles I covered.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
LOL, this is brilliant.

At 1630, customer gets a call from one of his clients that their plant is down because the widget on their main machine blew out and they need a replacement ASAP.

Aquaman: "Sorry. Should called it in earlier. Best we can do is pick it up tomorrow. Cutoff is at 1500. Shoulda had 'em blow it out earlier. Best I can do is pick it up tomorrow."

Then he'd come here and complain that the company doesn't do what it takes to enable the employees to take proper care of the customers.