Earrings

undies

I just came back from a year off on disability and my center has a new manager. She has been getting on my case about my earrings. I have had past managers tell me to take them out and I've always managed to argue my way into keeping them by referring to the appearance guidelines that state both men and women are allowed to have a piercing in each earlobe no larger than 1/2 an inch. She seems intent on ignoring this fact and keeps telling me I have to take them out and she is going to "look into it". Does anyone have any experience in this subject or advice? Thanks.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe you should have thought about that before getting plugs.

But, if you are determined to keep them, ask your union rep to clarify the appearance guidelines to you

We had a driver who had one earring in his left ear. Every morning he would put a bandaid on it when he reached work. When he punched out, he took off the bandaid. He did that for the five years I knew him and nobody said a word to him.

over9five

Staff member
Men don't put 1/2 inch holes in their ears, son.
Time for him to grow up. He has a mans job, time to be a MAN.

over9five

Staff member
...add me to the list of Grumpy Old Men...

My son never expressed an interest in earrings but if he had I would have told him to go in to his sister's closet and pick out a nice dress to go along with them.
Ditto my son. He never wore the baggy pants hanging below his ass either. I guess we brung em up right!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I find it strange that many of you were all for gay marriage, all liberal and fine with it........but not your kid!!!
That's a bit hypocritical to say the least.

oldupsman

This 60 year old fart agrees with Over. I just never got the men earring thing. What are they supposed to do, make you more attractive?
What is the sense of having a half inch hole in your ear? Make you look good?

bbsam

Staff member
More like spoken like a real man. Who wants 1/2 plugs in their ears I mean really grow up and quit trying to get
attention from everyone.
Who cares what they wear? A real man would be able to see past an earing and see the man. But what would you know about that?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm 30, and without children and have ALWAYS thought that plug earrings are about the stupidest things I've ever seen. I wore baggy pants, and acted "hard" when I was a few years younger until I came to the realization that employers AND potential spouses think you look like a maroon when you're trying to "find yourself"

bbsam

Staff member
This 60 year old fart agrees with Over. I just never got the men earring thing. What are they supposed to do, make you more attractive?
What is the sense of having a half inch hole in your ear? Make you look good?
That YOU don't get it makes it wrong? LOL. Grow up.

bbsam

Staff member
...add me to the list of Grumpy Old Men...

My son never expressed an interest in earrings but if he had I would have told him to go in to his sister's closet and pick out a nice dress to go along with them.

Idea! Why don't you go to a Patriots spring training and suggest that to the fellas? We'll see who goes home in the dress.