Earrings

oldupsman

Let's see Bruce Jenner. Here's a guy who gets bossed around by what, 5 or 6 different women?
Deion Sanders. This guy just got beat up by his wife. And he couldn't tackle either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
She is in a sad state...in every possible way.
I am not obligated in any way to name anything. Now, if I'd made a bet like Nancy did, then I would be obligated even though Nancy did not feel she was.

So forget about the Democrats. I won't be naming any. I don't do requests. This thread is about earrings.....or did you forget?

oldupsman

Breaking news. Elvis Dumervil just got arrested in Miami. Aggravated assault with a firearm.
I bet someone told him they didn't like his earring.

moreluck

golden ticket member
True. But I thought folks here were trying to suggest that an earing somehow made men effeninate but I kinda don't think they would make that assertion to many of the men wearing them. Something about lacking the courage of their convictions...or maybe they simply hadn't thought the whole thing through.

Femmes to the maxi !!

over9five

Staff member
Breaking news. Elvis Dumervil just got arrested in Miami. Aggravated assault with a firearm.
I bet someone told him they didn't like his earring.
If he had been raised right, he wouldn't have an earring AND he wouldn't commit aggravated assault!

texan

Real men Integrity – Integrity is more than being honest. It’s a lifestyle set on striving towards moral excellence. Real men say
what they mean and mean what they say.
They are the same person whether or not others are watching. They are trustworthy,
dependable, and unwavering.

Real men stick by their first commitment, marriage, and their promise before G_d and man.

Real men demonstrate Self-control – Hardly a day goes by without a news report about some high-profile man who
has been destroyed by sex, money, and/or drugs. Too many men lack self-control, but it is the foundation of a virtuous life.
Self-control starts with focus and ridding yourself of distractions. Doing this isn’t easy because temptations lurk
around every corner.
Real men are able to tame their desires and channel that energy into positive pursuits.

Real men demonstrate Perseverance – Perseverance is the product of self-control. It is courageous resistance against difficult
circumstances. Perseverance is only developed through trials. Real men endure the trials and emerge stronger. They never give up.

Real men Compassion – Compassion is sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it. In other
words, you feel compelled to help someone who is hurting. Men aren’t often viewed as being compassionate, but it is a trait that helps
us to become more connected to the people around us. Real men turn their compassion into service and work to make the world
a better place

undies

Ok. You guys are brutal! My earrings are a personal choice, just like how you choose to style your hair, grow a mustache or wear a watch. I'm not trying to debate whether you agree on my choices, only if it's right for my center manager to make me take them out regardless of the appearance guidelines.

UPSGUY72

Ok. You guys are brutal! My earrings are a personal choice, just like how you choose to style your hair, grow a mustache or wear a watch. I'm not trying to debate whether you agree on my choices, only if it's right for my center manager to make me take them out regardless of the appearance guidelines.

Well there not studs so out they come..... Your right it was your personal choice to put the plugs in your ears and you must deal with the consequences of that..

By the way did you have these hole put in your ears after of before you started to work for UPS....

over9five

Staff member

OK, sorry about that! The UPS Uniform Guidelines say "For Men: A post type earring in one ear".

undies

I've had the plugs since I started with ups 11 years ago. They weren't an issue when I started driving, but a few center manager's have tried to give me crap about them and they end up agreeing with me when I point to the appearance guidelines. I'll take them out if I have to, I just want to make sure it's because I'm violating policy or if it's just my center manager's person preference.