Easy math for retro check estimation!

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Have run across a number of veteran drivers in my center who keep asking how many supplements to settle until they get their "monster retro check." I always perk up and ask them exactly how big do they think their retro check is going to be. The answers I get are...amazing to say the least. They range from $2,000 to more then a few saying over $5K.

I try so hard to keep from laughing in their faces but I have to admit, I failed a few times!

Retro check for dummies..........

Assuming same hours year over year for top rate driver:

1.9% raise (round up to 2% for easy math) and as of Feb 1st, 6 months of retro pay owed: Take what you made last year and multiply by 1%.

eg. If you made $80,000 last year you can expect an $800 retro check thus far......give or take.

I have found that by "educating" my fellow drivers I can get them to STFU on the bitching about the outstanding supplements! I even talked one idiot out of going out and buying his shinny new penis-measuring new truck!
It is really not hard to realize that it is not going to be an earth shattering amount
Put the money towards a car payment or mortgage and keep grinding

Have run across a number of veteran drivers in my center who keep asking how many supplements to settle until they get their "monster retro check." I always perk up and ask them exactly how big do they think their retro check is going to be. The answers I get are...amazing to say the least. They range from $2,000 to more then a few saying over $5K.

I try so hard to keep from laughing in their faces but I have to admit, I failed a few times!

1.9% raise (round up to 2% for easy math) and as of Feb 1st, 6 months of retro pay owed: Take what you made last year and multiply by 1%.

eg. If you made $80,000 last year you can expect an $800 retro check thus far......give or take.

I have found that by "educating" my fellow drivers I can get them to STFU on the bitching about the outstanding supplements! I even talked one idiot out of going out and buying his shinny new penis-measuring new truck!
So you complained so much about raises, and now you don’t want any raise? Our senior drivers only want the retiree healthcare. Know at least a dozen that have held off retirement. Once it’s settled we will have many new jobs available.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

PT I am using a time tracker, one job is $15, the other job is $16, subtract the two and my PT check is currently $341, I would expect most drivers to be at or above $1500 minimum right now.
Either way, it sure will kick a lot more pegs down in our earnings report than simply not refueling the fleet last month.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So you complained so much about raises, and now you don’t want any raise? Our senior drivers only want the retiree healthcare. Know at least a dozen that have held off retirement. Once it’s settled we will have many new jobs available.

You really need to get a life and please get help with your reading comprehension, or lack there of.

I would expect most drivers to be at or above $1500 minimum right now.

And that is exactly why I started this thread! As of Feb 1st. the retro check is for 6 months of raises. For a seniority driver who is no longer in progression to be looking at a $1500 retro check they would have had to make $150,000 last year. How many UPS drivers do you know hit that mark?

You really need to get a life and please get help with your reading comprehension, or lack there of.

And that is exactly why I started this thread! As of Feb 1st. the retro check is for 6 months of raises. For a seniority driver who is no longer in progression to be looking at a $1500 retro check they would have had to make $150,000 last year. How many UPS drivers do you know hit that mark?
I need this years pension increase and retiree healthcare over any monetary raise.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Your such a pleasant person, I’m sure everyone you work with loves when your around

ManInBrown

No rush here. I hope they drag it out as long as possible.

I am getting $1hr retro for every hour and $1.50 for time and a half since August 2018 due to my progression. Going to be a nice check.
Same here. I hope it takes years. Found money. I’ll happily take a check for thousands over .80 cents an hour.