Easy math for retro check estimation!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Benben, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

It is really not hard to realize that it is not going to be an earth shattering amount
    Put the money towards a car payment or mortgage and keep grinding

2. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

So you complained so much about raises, and now you don’t want any raise? Our senior drivers only want the retiree healthcare. Know at least a dozen that have held off retirement. Once it’s settled we will have many new jobs available.

3. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

PT I am using a time tracker, one job is $15, the other job is $16, subtract the two and my PT check is currently $341, I would expect most drivers to be at or above $1500 minimum right now.
    Either way, it sure will kick a lot more pegs down in our earnings report than simply not refueling the fleet last month.

4. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

As others said progression people will benefit from retros the most.

5. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

You really need to get a life and please get help with your reading comprehension, or lack there of.

And that is exactly why I started this thread! As of Feb 1st. the retro check is for 6 months of raises. For a seniority driver who is no longer in progression to be looking at a $1500 retro check they would have had to make $150,000 last year. How many UPS drivers do you know hit that mark?

6. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I need this years pension increase and retiree healthcare over any monetary raise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

That’s me baby! 25$-28.75$ gimme gimme gimme.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Your such a pleasant person, I’m sure everyone you work with loves when your around

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. They will be getting between $2-$4 an hour. That's some serious cash.

10. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I’m one of them.. awwww yeaaaaaaa.. I get a 2-3 raise can’t remember right now then July should go up again for my 4th year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Make a good plan for that money, don't blow it.

12. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Same here. I hope it takes years. Found money. I’ll happily take a check for thousands over .80 cents an hour.

13. It's 70¢ then 75¢ on 8/01/2019

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Cha- Ching!

15. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

prostitutes and cocaine my friend. Can’t think of anything better than that..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

17. You only get a few times in your life when you get a little extra money, make it worth while

18. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

True that! Money will probably go to my wife’s car as we are trying to pay it off before summer and then we are debt free minus the mortgage. Then time to enjoy ourself as we have been saving and lying stuff off for a few years now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Don't forget about the 401k

20. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

What about giving it to the Mrs.? She seems to think that is a worthwhile investment, although I'm not 100% sure about that one.