Economy

Box Ox

I'm not sure what this post is about. Is it just an ad for this book? Or is there more to read within all the links?

I haven’t followed the link yet. Think the book might propose six ways hard leftists can be triggered and try to make society pay for it when it starts to look like there’s no way out of mom and dad’s basement anytime soon.

It will be fine

I'm not sure what this post is about. Is it just an ad for this book? Or is there more to read within all the links?
It sounds like a plan for laws that automatically kick in when certain metrics are reached. Like unemployment hits 7% send out $1000 stimulus checks. This way markets can stay stable and not need to worry about Republicans in Congress failing to act in a recession they caused.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It sounds like a plan for laws that automatically kick in when certain metrics are reached. Like unemployment hits 7% send out $1000 stimulus checks. This way markets can stay stable and not need to worry about Republicans in Congress failing to act in a recession they caused.
Lol, like the King Flu had nothing to do with any retraction.

Can you imagine the economy if this kung flu hit under the disastrous Obama years? The only thing helping us now is the fact the economy under President Trump was unbelievably strong.

fishtm2001

Can you imagine the economy if this kung flu hit under the disastrous Obama years? The only thing helping us now is the fact the economy under President Trump was unbelievably strong.

His economic recovery plan was to get states to reopen. How did that work out?

It will be fine

I can imagine an economy that didn’t blow a bunch of cash on a frivolous tax cut, or one that didn’t already have artificially low interest rates. Those tools could have been used to shore up a struggling economy.

JJinVA

I can imagine an economy that didn’t blow a bunch of cash on a frivolous tax cut, or one that didn’t already have artificially low interest rates. Those tools could have been used to shore up a struggling economy.

The economy is struggling because your homies down in the hood burnt down all the black owned businesses and other establishments they used to work at in the name of justice...

It will be fine

The economy is struggling because your homies down in the hood burnt down all the black owned businesses and other establishments they used to work at in the name of justice...
Yup everyone knows the economic engine of the US is black owned small businesses in inner cities. It’s hard to make points this stupid just to be racist, nice work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It was bad during the Obama years we had laid off middle managers applying for helper jobs.

refineryworker05

I think its a good idea to have automatic government policies to help Americans during recessions. This means we aren't at the mercy of political games. Sadly, one political party has been provably wrong about public policy at the national level for at least 20years and basically doesn't care about public policy. So we need to protect Americans from that party's nihilistic tendencies.

refineryworker05

What I find odd about American politics is that there aren't really meaningful policy debates amongst regular voters. Every person I have ever spoken to thinks, there should be help for struggling families, that there should be social security, medicare, unemployment, a minimum wage, etc. So broadly I think the ideas presented in that book would be very popular with American citizens.

What Americans don't agree on, is who deserves help, and in my opinion the vast majority of political disputes amongst regular citizens is about that.