Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

UPSGUY72

Sure, UPS probably can get away with not allowing thier workers to have lunch (eating), during thier lunchbreak.

Great place to work for ! And yes, I made managemnet wait, until I finished my "Boston Brut" (hot meat sandwich with spaghetti meat sauce to dip).

If I with management and going to lunch they are buying.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So now you want to squeal on your drivers for things they may or may not have done that is questionable? WOW! You sir are a real winner. OK UPS give me another 3 hours on the clock and I'll tell you whatever you want to hear. Jesus I thought I've heard it all till you came along. I hope too hell you never get hired. Your co-workers would most likely....well never mind.

Johney, I'd like you to meet our next CEO, AsSanta.

AssistantSanta

In the above picture I would DR behind the porch beams on the left hand side of the porch.
I agree unless it's raining or shower about to turn into rain. That part is more likely to have rain blow in.

If you're in an area that rains regularly and you leave it there at 10AM and its completely soaked when consignee arrives at 5:30PM, is that a bad DR?

there is no excuse for the poor DR the helper in the video made.
If she asked the driver what to do and was told to just do it, she should be free. The most she could have done was key in "DRVR OKED DRFD" before hitting check mark.

upsgrunt

I've been trying to stay out of this, but I've got to put in my two cents to Santa; you were a driver helper for 5 or 6 weeks and now you think you know all, see all, fix all, and do all. I don't know what your motive is, but it is irritating to read your posts on what is right, how it should be done, how drivers waste the company money because they should have helpers year round, and how you are willing to be a rat to UPS to expose what you think is wrong and how it can be improved.

Get off your high horse and quit trying to impress anyone with what you think you know.
Six weeks does not an employee make. The five or six routes and drivers you saw is not indicative of us all.
Start your own damn company and do it your own damn way before you condemn ours.

satellitedriver

Get off your high horse and quit trying to impress anyone with what you think you know.
Six weeks does not an employee make. The five or six routes and drivers you saw is not indicative of us all.
Start your own damn company and do it your own damn way before you condemn ours.
Agreed,
Maybe I am old school, but it took me a full year of driving
before the senior drivers did not think of me as a rookie.
This job/career is about time spent in the seat.
Yes, I was intelligent enough to figure out the flaws and positives at UPS within two weeks as a Christmas hire in 1986.
I shut up.
I buckled up.
I delivered.

25+yrs later earned me the right to speak my mind.
I still buckle up.
I still deliver.

upsgrunt

Steve,
My situation mirrors yours, except that I started in September.
There is a reason why we have 1 mouth and 2 ears.
We should listen twice as much as we talk (type), especially when new.

AssistantSanta

That isn't going to happen.
Probably not, but we could wish for another easy office day, can't we? The paid training day in the office was the easiest day.

The information that they would get from the helpers isn't worth the money that they wasted paying them to come to work and do nothing.
I don't know. I would think that depends on what they have in mind and how useful the information is towards the goal be that an internal research or whatever it is.

They already know what we do on a given day. They know we do things a little differently when they are on the car and they know during peak things are also done differently.
I'm sure they have assumed knowledge but not direct knowledge on HOW it is different.

OK UPS give me another 3 hours on the clock and I'll tell you whatever you want to hear. .
No. Say they're wanting to hear the experience so it looks good to next year's recruit. If they ask how I liked the on-call arrangement, what they most likely want to hear is that it was totally good. What they'll hear from me is that not knowing if we're working as late as the noon on the day of is aggravating.

If the question is about something more specific like a strange U turn followed by a stop on a major road, my answer isn't the automatic "I have no recollection" that many here apparently like to use nor would it be some made up stuff.

If I remember something, its just that.

"Driver missed a last minute turn once, then we spun out on ice. A package we had on the dash flew out into the ditch, so he pulled over and I had to go pick it out. That could be it, was that on Main Rd next to Burger King?"

That's just answering questions. If that's what they wanted to hear, great. If not, too bad.

If we know we're getting paid, I'd think we'd be motivated into getting engaged to detailed discussions.

25+yrs later earned me the right to speak my mind.
Anyone can speak their mind whenever. Just that they can't necessarily expect anything from it.
You had the right to speak your mind from day one and you still do.

AssistantSanta

Six weeks does not an employee make.
Wut ???

Maybe I am old school, but it took me a full year of driving
before the senior drivers did not think of me as a rookie.

That's life. You can't control how other people think.

This job/career is about time spent in the seat.
As far as what? I agree there's a learning curve effect, the effect isn't linear and at some point it flips around. While there's individual variations the general idea holds true. I don't know the exact curve of efficiency vs experience in yrs/on-road hrs for UPS drivers though

Johney

Assitant UPS has been using helpers long before you came along. There's nothing you can tell them that they don't already know. There thought on helpers is Show up, Sit down, Shut up bring box to door get back to truck asap that's it.

Move on guy. Even if your hired you won't last long with your "I know everything attitude".

Indecisi0n

Assitant, the more someone talks normally means the more full of ***** they are. If you don't believe me read Upstates posts...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Probably not, but we could wish for another easy office day, can't we? The paid training day in the office was the easiest day.

I don't know. I would think that depends on what they have in mind and how useful the information is towards the goal be that an internal research or whatever it is.

I'm sure they have assumed knowledge but not direct knowledge on HOW it is different.

No. Say they're wanting to hear the experience so it looks good to next year's recruit. If they ask how I liked the on-call arrangement, what they most likely want to hear is that it was totally good. What they'll hear from me is that not knowing if we're working as late as the noon on the day of is aggravating.

If the question is about something more specific like a strange U turn followed by a stop on a major road, my answer isn't the automatic "I have no recollection" that many here apparently like to use nor would it be some made up stuff.

If I remember something, its just that.

"Driver missed a last minute turn once, then we spun out on ice. A package we had on the dash flew out into the ditch, so he pulled over and I had to go pick it out. That could be it, was that on Main Rd next to Burger King?"

That's just answering questions. If that's what they wanted to hear, great. If not, too bad.

If we know we're getting paid, I'd think we'd be motivated into getting engaged to detailed discussions.

Anyone can speak their mind whenever. Just that they can't necessarily expect anything from it.
You had the right to speak your mind from day one and you still do.

Listen kid, you havent even earned the title rookie yet. Come to work, shut your whole, do the work and learn the job. No one wants to hear from you about you 5 weeks as a helper and how that makes you the next UPS CEO.

Better yet, take your anti union ass over to fedex where you can make substandard pay and speak your mind openly without a union contract.

klein

Für Meno :)
You know, assisSant might have a few points right. When I first started with UPS, I too, thought things could be better and improve.
But, after a while - we just learn how to work as directed.

Simple as that.

(I too, was trained to leave the package at the front door, ring the bell, and hurry back to the truck).
That's how it's done (typical UPS procedure).

And how many times these home-owners came out of the door, and almost walked over thier just delivered package, to yell at me and saying they are home, is in the thousands.

(just had to yell back, it's right infront of them( or to the left or right of them). Like I said - work as directed, simple as that !

Last edited:

BrownArmy

AssistantSanta,

Please stop posting on this forum.

If and when you get a non-helper job at UPS, feel free to resume posting.

It's clear from your posts that you don't know your *** from your elbow, which is amusing to a certain extent, but fun-time is over now.

Please just go away...(if you actually get hired, please come back, etc.etc.).

satellitedriver

Wut ???
I don't know the exact curve of efficiency vs experience in yrs/on-road hrs for UPS drivers though
It shows in all your posts, no new news.
As to me earning the right to speak my mind you were correct and I was incorrect.
I should have said that I have earned the right to be listened to and my opinions being respected by my supervisors and fellow drivers.

rocket man

Now the UPS firing sqad is out there, since it's slow time after xmas.
We will be getting new threads on here very soon (just got fired), and I'm not talking about all the seasonal workers.

"Tis is the season" !
what do you do for work/>?

705red

Browncafe Steward
You know, assisSant might have a few points right. When I first started with UPS, I too, thought things could be better and improve.
But, after a while - we just learn how to work as directed.

Simple as that.

(I too, was trained to leave the package at the front door, ring the bell, and hurry back to the truck).
That's how it's done (typical UPS procedure).

And how many times these home-owners came out of the door, and almost walked over thier just delivered package, to yell at me and saying they are home, is in the thousands.

(just had to yell back, it's right infront of them( or to the left or right of them). Like I said - work as directed, simple as that !

This coming from the guy that spent his lunch hour in the bar drinking??? I wish my boss directed me to work like that.:happy2: