Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

Johney

Where's the mods? I thought it was against the rules to post names? No offense Klein. Cause I got a lot of names I'd like to call out!:bag:

Well Upstate, Mr. Klein had finished his run, returned to the Boston Pizza about 3 or 4 blocks away from the center, punched out for lunch and had a frosty cold one. Management caught wind of it, and the rest is RIGHTFULLY history

Johney

Well Upstate, Mr. Klein had finished his run, returned to the Boston Pizza about 3 or 4 blocks away from the center, punched out for lunch and had a frosty cold one. Management caught wind of it, and the rest is RIGHTFULLY history
I vaguely remember that story. Who narked him out?

klein

Für Meno :)

Yup, parked and unloaded my truck, did my cash-in, my paper work, and finally took my lunch (without UPS truck)... crap happens.
And what really pissed management off, is that she demanded I leave, and I told her, I can`t, I oredered food. And she waited for me outside .

klein

I'm not 100% sure who ratted him out, from what I've heard the bartender called the 1-800 number.

That is just idiotic talk ! He stood up for me, and gave me a fake receipt for a non alcoholic beer, which I still saved and have today !
He came up with that solution all by himself ! (Smarter then I am) ! Because, I didn`t sure think of it !

Johney

I'm not 100% sure who ratted him out, from what I've heard the bartender called the 1-800 number.
Well I guess someone sitting and drinking a beer in browns might raise some concern. I'm surprised anyone served him without questioning it. Oh well hindsight is 20/20 huh Klein?

over9five

Staff member
Well I guess someone sitting and drinking a beer in browns might raise some concern. I'm surprised anyone served him without questioning it. Oh well hindsight is 20/20 huh Klein?
I'm sure I've gone out drinking in my browns a hundred times. Nothin wrong with that.

klein

Why would any restaurant question you wearing browns at 8pm in the evening, without a UPS truck, enjoying a meal and a beer after work ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would any restaurant question you wearing browns at 8pm in the evening, without a UPS truck, enjoying a meal and a beer after work ?

Because it is supposed to be against the rules. But it's one that gets a blind eye turned to it many times. The difference is that Ovah is off the clock and on his way home as opposed to being on lunch, Einstein.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, parked and unloaded my truck, did my cash-in, my paper work, and finally took my lunch (without UPS truck)... crap happens.
Really dumb,stupid crap.

And what really pissed management off, is that she demanded I leave, and I told her, I can`t, I oredered food. And she waited for me outside .
Wow, what a tough guy. Sure showed that woman,huh?

That is just idiotic talk !
Pot meet kettle.

He stood up for me, and gave me a fake receipt for a non alcoholic beer, which I still saved and have today !
He came up with that solution all by himself ! (Smarter then I am) ! Not to hard as you have repeatedly proven. Because, I didn`t sure think of it !A dishonest bartender who wanted to help you try and keep your job with a dishonest (possibly illegal) act. The best kind of friend to have. You two should get married.

AssistantSanta

I never had a sup drive along on a busy day. And even with a Safety person expert, that flew in, from Toronto (3000km away), because we had too many accidents in our center, she kept bugging me after 12 pm, when will we go on lunch.
I told her, there is no lunch until all businesses are delivered and picked up, or we will miss them.

But, almost every hr she reminded me, with `When is lunch time`?

She got lucky, because I was under dispatched and we finally had lunch at 5pm, and even then it was just 30 minutes, and not the unpaid 50 minutes they give us here.

Did my dispatch change after that ? NOPE !

It's my guess that drivers don't act the same around supervisor ride along as they do around their helper. I think helpers make a good observation eyes if they bothered to tap into us for information.

They spent 4-5 hours teaching helpers on integrity, procedures and safety which we got paid for. I wouldn't mind if they gave us helpers another paid office day good that will get us a few hours of pay and provide management with information to identify problems or to develop next set of work practice audit methods.

Management can prepare questions in advance and engage a group of helpers in discussion. Since we're just temps we typically have no reason to hide anything and the extra few hours of paid reflective interview won't affect driver workload.

Management gathers information on things they wouldn't on their own and helpers can get some extra hours to discuss on-the-job observation. Sounds like win-win to me.

UPSGUY72

It's my guess that drivers don't act the same around supervisor ride along as they do around their helper. I think helpers make a good observation eyes if they bothered to tap into us for information.

They spent 4-5 hours teaching helpers on integrity, procedures and safety which we got paid for. I wouldn't mind if they gave us helpers another paid office day good that will get us a few hours of pay and provide management with information to identify problems or to develop next set of work practice audit methods.

Management can prepare questions in advance and engage a group of helpers in discussion. Since we're just temps we typically have no reason to hide anything and the extra few hours of paid reflective interview won't affect driver workload.

Management gathers information on things they wouldn't on their own and helpers can get some extra hours to discuss on-the-job observation. Sounds like win-win to me.

That isn't going to happen. The information that they would get from the helpers isn't worth the money that they wasted paying them to come to work and do nothing. They already know what we do on a given day. They know we do things a little differently when they are on the car and they know during peak things are also done differently.

Johney

So now you want to squeal on your drivers for things they may or may not have done that is questionable? WOW! You sir are a real winner. OK UPS give me another 3 hours on the clock and I'll tell you whatever you want to hear. Jesus I thought I've heard it all till you came along. I hope too hell you never get hired. Your co-workers would most likely....well never mind.

klein

Wow, what a tough guy. Sure showed that woman,huh?

Sure, UPS probably can get away with not allowing thier workers to have lunch (eating), during thier lunchbreak.

Great place to work for ! And yes, I made managemnet wait, until I finished my "Boston Brut" (hot meat sandwich with spaghetti meat sauce to dip).