El Paso Shootings

vantexan

No. You believe the Fox News narrative. Anything said by any candidate that’s left of center and you’ve got the whole party driving off a cliff.

Honestly, I’m tired of Democrats running around scared of the Republican narrative. They do that and walk right into being accurately described as political opportunists.
He doesn't strike me as a FOX News viewer. Just sees extreme positions being taken with promises made that will cost tens of trillions while ruining our economy. Why do you support such nonsense?

UPSER1987

The “good guys with guns” don’t seem to be doing much good.

Just a bunch of wimpy middle aged dudes that are all bark and no bite...probably too scared to think about helping anyone else when faced with a real threat. Paper targets don’t fight back.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
when you say never fired are they antiques you've never fired or do you have some brand new guns that you have never fired.
New guns that have never been fired. Have a few from Ducks Unlimited drawings and several aquired from my brother whom is no longer legally able to own firearms.

Non sequitur

Personally I don't care for guns. Maybe gun training should be like marshal arts, they teach you respect right along with the arts.

Box Ox

He doesn't strike me as a FOX News viewer. Just sees extreme positions being taken with promises made that will cost tens of trillions while ruining our economy. Why do you support such nonsense?

Yep. I don’t watch Fox News.

But post-second Democratic debate, even analysts on CNN and MSNBC are seeing the writing on the wall and are beginning to stand up and say that proposals like legalizing undocumented border crossings, providing free healthcare to illegal immigrants, ending private health insurance completely (which still exists even in Canada, UK, etc), slavery reparations, free college etc are going to be a bridge too far for moderates. And it will absolutely lose Democrats the election if they stick to that script.

Bill Maher said on his show Friday that moderates will vote against Trump in spite of a good economy. But they won’t vote against him if the Democratic alternative is a hard leftist proposing crazy stuff. He’s absolutely right.

I guess it’d probably be accurate to call me an “Obama Democrat” these days.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No. I’m wondering why it’s not working. Seems all the 2nd Amendment folks say that’s the solution.
Concealed carry, or Open carry for that matter, isn’t intended for hunting down mass murderers. It’s purpose is to allow one to self-defend, as well as protect your loved ones. If the opportunity arises to take out a mass shooter, so much the better.

What you seem to be advocating for is a totalitarian government that will protect everyone from everything. That’s not America. Time for you to relocate to North Korea.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Concealed carry, or Open carry for that matter, isn’t intended for hunting down mass murderers. It’s purpose is to allow one to self-defend, as well as protect your loved ones. If the opportunity arises to take out a mass shooter, so much the better.

What you seem to be advocating for is a totalitarian government that will protect everyone from everything. That’s not America. Time for you to relocate to North Korea.
The "good guy with a gun" argument is often brought up by both sides but in all honestly, I only carry for the sake of me and mine. If I were somewhere with an active shooting I'm grabbing whoever I might be with and we're getting out. If I have to use my gun along the way then so be it but I'm not going out of my way to play hero and put my life on the line to protect strangers and NPC's then subject myself to endless legal bull:censored2:. Mostly the latter. Sorry. But that's how it is today.

Box Ox

Next time you go to the mall be sure to take your MG 42 along with you.

Only firearms manufactured in or prior to 1898 are considered antique by the National Firearms Act. If I remember correctly, they don’t have to be shipped to an FFL holder for background check/pick up if you buy one online. Can have them shipped directly to you.

Firearms - Guides - Importation & Verification of Firearms - National Firearms Act Definitions - Antique Firearm | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

newfie

outlawing guns will not stop this especially with an open border down south, guns would be another item being smuggled across those lines.

the other issue is the number of guns that are already here. you would have to have the government confiscating guns in a manner illustrated by your north korea reference.

personal protection is the way to go. I'm shocked though that in texas there was not a person who was concealed carry in that store. are the gun laws more restrictive in El Paso?

over9five

Staff member
The "good guy with a gun" argument is often brought up by both sides but in all honestly, I only carry for the sake of me and mine. If I were somewhere with an active shooting I'm grabbing whoever I might be with and we're getting out. If I have to use my gun along the way then so be it but I'm not going out of my way to play hero and put my life on the line to protect strangers and NPC's then subject myself to endless legal bull:censored2:. Mostly the latter. Sorry. But that's how it is today.
^^^This

Box Ox

outlawing guns will not stop this especially with an open border down south, guns would be another item being smuggled across those lines.

Sure. But it might stop or deter the occasional pissed off 21 year old from shooting up a joint if they can’t head right on over to the local gun shop to pick up a mass murder weapon.

newfie

the endless legal bS for law abiding concealed carries is a big part of the problem. you almost have to have a good samaritan law for armed citizens who work to eliminate the shooter in that situation.

bbsam

Staff member

Ah. You’re another one telling American citizens where to move to. You really are part of the problem.

newfie

Sure. But it might stop or deter the occasional pissed off 21 year old from shooting up a joint if they can’t head right on over to the local gun shop to pick up a mass murder weapon.

it takes specific soft target sites and expands them to the entire country .

bbsam

Staff member

the other issue is the number of guns that are already here. you would have to have the government confiscating guns in a manner illustrated by your north korea reference.

personal protection is the way to go. I'm shocked though that in texas there was not a person who was concealed carry in that store. are the gun laws more restrictive in El Paso?
Straw man argument.

Nobody said to outlaw guns.

newfie

to your indirect point. it seems like many of the shooters are young people in their early twenties. almost seems a pattern forming