Election 2016

wkmac

Rand Paul Calls Out Walker's Wall Idea As Dumb

And he would be right!

I remember when conservatives were so anti-wall that they cried out for the destruction of walls. Even great speeches to "tear down this wall" were celebrated like religious moments as if commands from heaven. Even now from time to time they are memorialized when it fits the moment.

Guess like so much else, they don't make conservatives like they use too either!

While I'm here, Should Libertarians Vote Republican, and Lawrence would be right too!

Sportello

From the article:

Libertarians would have to be out of their mind to vote Republican.

I would amend that to say any thinking person would have to be out of their mind to vote Republican.

wkmac

From the article:

Libertarians would have to be out of their mind to vote Republican.

I would amend that to say any thinking person would have to be out of their mind to vote Republican.

Agreed and also I'd add you now have it half right. Keep going! ;)

wkmac

I'd be happy to add Hillary to the list, but not the party as a whole ;)

I assumed that would be true regarding Hillary and thus why I hope Bernie gets the nomination and wins the general in November. To many good voices on the left know what Sanders is and he could help further prove just how bought and sold the office of President actually is.

Sportello

Anyone that thinks any President can fundamentally change the ingrained interests that have ruled every country since forever is a fool.

Learning to exist within the existing system and appreciate incremental change is the best we can dream of, and it probably is a dream.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh woe is me...it'll never get any better....there's nothing I can do about it.....wah, wah wah !! Call the wahmbulance!!

wkmac

Anyone that thinks any President can fundamentally change the ingrained interests that have ruled every country since forever is a fool.

Learning to exist within the existing system and appreciate incremental change is the best we can dream of, and it probably is a dream.

Then by all means continue. But that doesn't invoke a requirement upon me to join you.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Rand Paul Calls Out Walker's Wall Idea As Dumb

And he would be right!

I remember when conservatives were so anti-wall that they cried out for the destruction of walls. Even great speeches to "tear down this wall" were celebrated like religious moments as if commands from heaven. Even now from time to time they are memorialized when it fits the moment.

Guess like so much else, they don't make conservatives like they use too either!

While I'm here, Should Libertarians Vote Republican, and Lawrence would be right too!
The rest of the country now gets to see just how small minded Walker is. We have had to deal with his dumb ideas for years now in Wisconsin.

Sportello

I assumed that would be true regarding Hillary and thus why I hope Bernie gets the nomination and wins the general in November. To many good voices on the left know what Sanders is and he could help further prove just how bought and sold the office of President actually is.

Which is exactly why I'd love to see a Biden presidency. He would have an easier time implementing some much needed programs, like infrastructure rebuilding, for a start. There is very likely to be (as it stands today) a Dem Congress, and Joe would be able to accomplish a lot, without the animosity that Bernie would inevitably face from both sides.

Baby steps all the time, but at least forward.

wkmac

Not at all. I have a feeling you'd fare better in my 'big government' country that I would in your ideal country, though. I like services.

I can understand why you think that. Like many, you see gov't in the now and from its utilitarian value. A VAST majority POV I might add. It's also why many people see adverse conditions and solely associate them only to the present rather than observing the history of policy and the forces who manipulate (those self serving interests) for their own advantage. Like a group painting, each succeeding artist adds more paint to the canvas and there are always the sycophants who proclaim the beauty of the work but disconnect from those interests and the canvas just looks like an absolute mess.

I see gov't from history and see its bloody legacy and its harm to man and man's evolution. But you do have the overwhelming upper hand in this debate as the vast majority of people would and do agree with you and desire similar ends as yourself using the State as a means. I do agree my POV is so vastly outnumbered to the point it almost doesn't exist.

I'm still waiting for all of you to make this work and prove me wrong. What I'm seeing however is not a condition of improvement but rather just the opposite. Yet every election brings new hope, a new artist with his/her pallet of paint and yet at the conclusion of the terms the outcome seems to me to speak otherwise. I look at the canvas and YUCK!

I will say this, decentralize the State and make decisions local and then we begin to have another conversation. Abandon the centralization of Claude Henri de Saint Simon and his technocracy of rule by expert and the scientific management of central planning. Continue to build large scale top down centralized societies with their State control mechanisms, regardless the political spectrum, you can count me out.

The other legacy of your artwork is that it produces outcomes like Noble King Black Rulership. Hell, everyone else dominates everyone else so why don't I just declare myself King and join in the fun! The man may not realize it but he speaks volumes about what we call civilization.

When it comes to civilization, I'm with John Trudell as it's the Great Lie, one way or the other, it is The Great Lie!

1365099335T2ch7t.jpg

So I'll just sit back as others have done in history and watch as it continues too implode. Like others before me, I'll just observe history and I'm comfortable with doing that too. At least our value to posterity is a living example of what not to do so we do serve some value to humanity in that respect. Otherwise as Agent Smith told Morpheus, we have become nothing more than a virus.
;)

Sportello

@wkmac, Without getting too long winded, I would say that society has changed in most unexpected ways since the dawn of Industrialism. I cannot come up with one example of someone in the 17th-19th centuries that envisioned what post-Industrial society would be like.

Of course, I did read the other day that some Primates are entering the Stone Age, so maybe it's just inevitable Evolution.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
@wkmac, Without getting too long winded, I would say that society has changed in most unexpected ways since the dawn of Industrialism. I cannot come up with one example of someone in the 17th-19th centuries that envisioned what post-Industrial society would be like.

Of course, I did read the other day that some Primates are entering the Stone Age, so maybe it's just inevitable Evolution.

There is no such thing as "evolution". Stop mocking Space God and realize that you were created in His image and that everything that happens is part of His plan. Fool!