Election Candidate Information

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@scratch is a long term, (higher seniority) employee.

I certainly respect that.

But.... I have to disagree with his opinion of "change them out".

Reason being;

UPS is difficult enough to deal with.

They take advantage of rookies. That's what they want.

Where do you think the monetary funding for TDU.... comes from ?

*Employers, like UPS.*

That has always been the reason, why TDU won't open their books.

-Bug-

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1476502979.997976.jpg

And I respect your views, you come across as a standup guy and you post good info. I really don't pay much attention to the executive board anymore. Local 728 has done a great job in Atlanta, I've known the president and BAs for decades. I used to run around with the nephew of Weldon L Mathis back in the day. Mathis was the IBT Secretary General and interim president back when Jackie Presser stepped down. Mathis got voted out in an executive board power play a few months later, this was in 1988. Mathis had to step down from running 728 by the DOJ later. The stories I could tell about what I know!

I have never been a fan of Jr. and I don't think the other would be any better. I just think we need term limits. Jr. will win hands down on name recognition plus he has a lot more money. Usually all the candidates come out to my Hub campaigning, I didn't see anybody this year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

u notice when u get ur ballot the envelope has ur name on it. so how secret is it?

They scan the barcode to make sure that you are a current member. The counting is done by a third party who couldn't care less about the election or who you voted for. They are paid to validate membership and scan the ballots.