Electric/plug in hybrid drivers?

PT Car Washer

Had a guy who was driving new package cars across the country to centers for delivery. He would pull into hubs and centers with gas pumps and fill up and then pocket the expense money.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm guessing UPS won't allow you to plug in anything. It will cost them the tiniest bit of money in electricity and that won't fly with them.

We have some harsh winters here and they wont even allow us to plug in our vehicles (block heater) due to "Liability reasons"
Previous building would provide cords for guys to plug in their pickups during the day. Never heard of the liability thing.

ManInBrown

I have a hospital on my route. In the Dr parking lot they have 2 plug in spots. I think with gas prices dropping drastically over the past year the run on electric cars has waned

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not allowed to even plug in a radio on pre-load anymore. Gave some BS excuse about poss. electrocution cause it was by the dock door.

Plus just recently took away the coffee maker in the break room. Even if employees brought cans of coffee in.....nope, no more coffee maker.

DUMB!
UPS is going through a phase where they hate their employees.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local mall recently put in a 6 bay electric charging station----the only problem is that it is only for Tesla's. Our median income for this area is just over $50K----not a whole lot of Tesla's on our streets.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Our local mall recently put in a 6 bay electric charging station----the only problem is that it is only for Tesla's. Our median income for this area is just over $50K----not a whole lot of Tesla's on our streets.
They have a couple of those Tesla Supercharging stations here as well. I've only seen that used once or twice.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's a Tesla next door and it was over $80,000 (I saw the sticker when they first brought it home.)......they can find and pay for their own electricity.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's a Tesla next door and it was over $80,000 (I saw the sticker when they first brought it home.)......they can find and pay for their own electricity.

Electricity mostly produced by dirty power plants (can't inconvenience fish by damming up rivers) or token solar (that couldn't operate without government handouts) and use transmission lines paid for by others.

beentheredonethat

I don't think the mall paid to install. I think that is all done by Tesla themselves as a way to market and promote Tesla vehicles.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think the mall paid to install. I think that is all done by Tesla themselves as a way to market and promote Tesla vehicles.

Correct----the mall did not pay a dime for this; however, that was not my point.

I live in a somewhat economically depressed area and found it ironic that the car chargers were for Teslas, which very few people around here can afford.