Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

vantexan

Nothing in the world is less surprising than a right-wing billionaire purchasing a media entity and immediately trying to use it to pursue his ideological agenda and class interests.

Just a reminder that Elon Musk is not self-made. His father said

Musk also didn't start Tesla as he simply bought out the founders.
He became the biggest shareholder the year after they founded it. Could you please point to all the cars they produced and factories they built before he invested millions into their start up?

You're aware that he created X.com, which later became PayPal? That at 31 he sold it to eBay and he cleared personally $100 million? What were you doing in your 20's and 30's?

newolddude

He became the biggest shareholder the year after they founded it. Could you please point to all the cars they produced and factories they built before he invested millions into their start up?

You're aware that he created X.com, which later became PayPal? That at 31 he sold it to eBay and he cleared personally $100 million? What were you doing in your 20's and 30's?
My dad gave me $250 and a mostly broken down 1967 Chevelle when I graduated high school and nothing else. If I was given tens/hundreds of millions of wealth I would have built more just like Musk. Maybe not to his extent: but I would have done something.

Stop celebrating people like Trump or Musk who were born on third base, sac flied in to home and then act like they hit a game winning home run.

vantexan

My dad gave me $250 and a mostly broken down 1967 Chevelle when I graduated high school and nothing else. If I was given tens/hundreds of millions of wealth I would have built more just like Musk. Maybe not to his extent: but I would have done something.

Stop celebrating people like Trump or Musk who were born on third base, sac flied in to home and then act like they hit a game winning home run.
His efforts with Paypal, Tesla, and Space X are his doings, not his father's. That he got help at the start doesn't matter. Everyone before he bought Twitter recognized the guy as a visionary. Only after he bought Twitter and started talking about free speech and everyone should have the right to express themselves openly without fear of retribution did he suddenly get branded a far right winger. He's proven himself to be a centrist. It's more telling of the American Left that they see free speech as a threat to their control.

Jeff Bezos started Amazon in his garage and was for a time the world's richest man. He's supported liberal causes and bought the Washington Post. Yet he still gets attacked by the rich hating Left.

newolddude

His efforts with Paypal, Tesla, and Space X are his doings, not his father's. That he got help at the start doesn't matter. Everyone before he bought Twitter recognized the guy as a visionary. Only after he bought Twitter and started talking about free speech and everyone should have the right to express themselves openly without fear of retribution did he suddenly get branded a far right winger. He's proven himself to be a centrist. It's more telling of the American Left that they see free speech as a threat to their control.

Jeff Bezos started Amazon in his garage and was for a time the world's richest man. He's supported liberal causes and bought the Washington Post. Yet he still gets attacked by the rich hating Left.
We don't celebrate Bezos either. Stop acting like he's some liberal hero. Bezos and Musk have both built their wealth upon tax breaks and exploiting workers.

El Correcto

god is dead
Have you seen Musk or watched an interview with him?
Man is mentally ill autismo. If he wasn’t born into the house he was, he’d just be another 4chan nazi and probably a NEET.

vantexan

it absolutely does and you saying it doesn’t doesn’t make you right.
I have just as much right to say it as you do. It wasn't Musk's father who founded or ran those companies. Do you think all rich kids should just go play all day or is it ok for them to be productive too? Companies are full of families who pass on the company leadership to their next generation. How many because of the leg up they got in life have accomplished as much as Musk? Within the car world itself you have the Ford and Toyoda families passing along leadership in their companies.

El Correcto

god is dead
1669060178706.jpeg

Look at him.
Without his family he would be spending his days at the playground sitting on a bench playing pocket pull. Knowing his father’s sick proclivity for grooming children he just might be doing that anyways.

Box Ox

Is Musk more mentally ill than the unstable people in those tweets?
Yes without a doubt in my mind. He is more harmful to society than those disenfranchised nut jobs, he is a highly connected and financially capable nut job.

Someone is more mentally ill than the "unstable people" in those tweets if they don't agree with your politics and are highly connected and financially capable?

El Correcto

god is dead
Someone is more mentally ill than the "unstable people" in those tweets if they don't agree with your politics and are highly connected and financially capable?
No now you’re putting words in my mouth to build up a straw man. Elon Musk throws hissy fits just like those people, but when he does it it involves buying entire social media companies and politicians.