Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

newfie

No. We libs are upset because a website/account that documented Andy Ngo’s possible pedo actions got suspended in an effort to protect him because Ngo is also far right.
should "possible" charges be allowed. Wouldnt allowing those "possible" charges put the website at risk?

newfie

The Ayatollah is still there after constantly chanting death to america.

1669664844426.png

TheDudeAbides92

Musk is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and is a huge globalist. That said it’s funny to see the left melting down that what they consider to be their echo chamber is going away. I still don’t understand why anyone uses Twotter though

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Musk is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and is a huge globalist. That said it’s funny to see the left melting down that what they consider to be their echo chamber is going away. I still don’t understand why anyone uses Twotter though

I keep pointing out that Musk built the satellite infrastructure that will make it impossible to hide anywhere on earth, is trying to develop chips that will hook our brains directly to the internet, and wants to turn Twitter into the same thing the Chinese use as their social credit system. Him trolling the left a little makes a bunch of conservatives ignore all that.

newfie

I keep pointing out that Musk built the satellite infrastructure that will make it impossible to hide anywhere on earth, is trying to develop chips that will hook our brains directly to the internet, and wants to turn Twitter into the same thing the Chinese use as their social credit system. Him trolling the left a little makes a bunch of conservatives ignore all that.
This point, he is the guy that loosened up the one-sided censorship on Twitter. I guess it's okay to appreciate that part of him without getting all into whatever weird stuff you think he might try to do later.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This point, he is the guy that loosened up the one-sided censorship on Twitter. I guess it's okay to appreciate that part of him without getting all into whatever weird stuff you think he might try to do later.

It's not a later thing, this is all stuff he is currently and actively working on. Seems to me he trying to gain the trust of, and garner support from, conservatives so they will be less likely to resist what's coming down the pike. Whether he is ultimately successful in any of the above is irrelavent to his motivations. Beware of Afrikaners bearing gifts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All of that won't happen if Musk doesn't do it?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
All of that won't happen if Musk doesn't do it?

Who knows? Will it even happen with Musk attempting it?

Should I endeavor to blow up the Earth just because someone else might do it if I don't?

Actions speak to motives. I'm perfectly willing to admit I could be wrong to be skeptical of Musk, and I am willing to believe he has the best and most pure intentions in pursuing those things. That doesn't mean I am wrong, or that doing those things is a good idea.

vantexan

How will his satellite system track you if you don't use it? The U.S. already has spy satellites that can do all of that. What exactly is unique about a satellite system that broadcasts the internet?

How can Twitter be used as a social credit system if one doesn't participate on Twitter? If anything Twitter was a "social credit" system before Musk took over. See everything the mob's way or get cancelled.

And our brains hooked directly to the internet? To what end? Will we be forced into this? If Musk wants to develop something like this because he thinks it's cool and wants to do it to himself more power to him. Sounds like a nerd's wet dream.

TheDudeAbides92

They’re just trying to rope people back in so they can start tracking the people who are saying things they don’t like

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who knows? Will it even happen with Musk attempting it?

Should I endeavor to blow up the Earth just because someone else might do it if I don't?

Actions speak to motives. I'm perfectly willing to admit I could be wrong to be skeptical of Musk, and I am willing to believe he has the best and most pure intentions in pursuing those things. That doesn't mean I am wrong, or that doing those things is a good idea.
I do think all of that technology is inevitable.
I don't think any of it is inherently bad.

Your post seemed to imply he's bad just for developing the tech. I think skepticism on his benevolence is fair, but I'm keeping an open mind.

At this point, I am more optimistic about him than any of the globo corps that would develop this stuff.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I do think all of that technology is inevitable.
I don't think any of it is inherently bad.

Your post seemed to imply he's bad just for developing the tech. I think skepticism on his benevolence is fair, but I'm keeping an open mind.

At this point, I am more optimistic about him than any of the globo corps that would develop this stuff.

Those are fair points. I think the brain implants are probably bad, especially if you value privacy and individuality. Technology isn't generally inherently bad, but often brings with it moral hazards, and some creates hazards that outweigh the benefits.

The criticism was aimed at the fanboys who like Musk simply because they are exacting their revenge against their political opponents vicariously through him. I'm not certain that Musk is a bad guy, but I think the evidence points to him not being the champion of liberty that a lot of people seem to think he is. I hope to be proven wrong.

vantexan

Those are fair points. I think the brain implants are probably bad, especially if you value privacy and individuality. Technology isn't generally inherently bad, but often brings with it moral hazards, and some creates hazards that outweigh the benefits.

The criticism was aimed at the fanboys who like Musk simply because they are exacting their revenge against their political opponents vicariously through him. I'm not certain that Musk is a bad guy, but I think the evidence points to him not being the champion of liberty that a lot of people seem to think he is. I hope to be proven wrong.
What evidence?

newfie

Those are fair points. I think the brain implants are probably bad,
brain implants has a bad sound for the obvious reasons. I think at some point they come up with some type of technology that allows us to telepathically control objects . Maybe some day we evolve into the classic alien life form with a big head and small usesless arms.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
brain implants has a bad sound for the obvious reasons. I think at some point they come up with some type of technology that allows us to telepathically control objects . Maybe some day we evolve into the classic alien life form with a big head and small usesless arms.

Alan Watts theorized that life is organizing itself into higher life forms. For him, technologically linking minds to a collective constitutes a higher life form. Even he warned that this could mean the end for individuality, which he decried as a bad thing.

vantexan

Alan Watts theorized that life is organizing itself into higher life forms. For him, technologically linking minds to a collective constitutes a higher life form. Even he warned that this could mean the end for individuality, which he decried as a bad thing.
Aren't we connected enough through smart phones? Brain implants are sci-fi not reality.