Elon Musk Exposes the Hatred of Free Speech

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

fishtm2001

"The notion that a laptop delivered to the Post by Rudy Giuliani two weeks before the election and rejected by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and others should not have been treated skeptically is the dicier proposition. Further, the hyperventilating about the assault this represents on the First Amendment is risible. Twitter, a private company, was free to ignore Biden’s request. Even if Biden had been president at the time, there would be no violation of the First Amendment. Government officials not infrequently request that journalists refrain from publishing material, often about military secrets. Newspapers sometimes comply and sometimes not. It’s only a violation of the First Amendment if the government coerces the journalists.

Nor did Twitter’s temporary suspension of the Post’s account sway the election, as the hysterical tweets from the likes of Rep. Jim Banks suggest (“Never forget that 79% say truthful coverage of Hunter Biden’s laptop would have changed outcome [sic] of 2020 election”). As Cathy Young notes, 1) the ban lasted only about a day; 2) the ban may have heightened interest in the story rather than suppressing it and in any case the story was available via a Google search; and 3) the whole narrative about Biden’s participation in Ukrainian corruption, the gravamen of the laptop story, is false. It rests on the debunked theory that Biden sought to have a Ukrainian prosecutor fired for investigating Burisma, but the truth is that the prosecutor was not investigating, and that’s one reason Biden pushed for his removal."

Mona Charen, The Bulwark

newfie

1670336392133.png

fishtm2001

Worth reading:

It’s a cozy network where everyone was rooting for Biden to beat Trump in 2020 — and Twitter was a useful fellow traveler.
rubbish

Last edited:

newfie

This story is mother of all nothing burgers. Can't blame the far Right for seizing on it after donald's very bad week.
Elon musk is exposing the democratic corruption with the 2020 elections . its been a fantastic week for the donald.

and best of all its the tip of the iceburg.

newfie

It's amazing how much further right my Twitter feed has gotten in the last few weeks. Not that I have a pure liberal-only feed but all of the suggestions, retweets and "This person follows" are all right wing. Like Vargas I've tried to mute MGT and she just keeps showing up all over the place. I've also been getting Mike Lindell, Clay Travis and others.
welcome to my world , i was getting constant suggestions for some of the most extreme liberal posters on twitter.

newolddude

welcome to my world , i was getting constant suggestions for some of the most extreme liberal posters on twitter.
Turnabout is fair play.

But were you getting accounts that you'd muted/told the system that you don't want to hear from any more? I was also getting some liberal accounts I didn't want to hear from and once I tagged it they went away.

I think Twtter is also messing with the algorithms for sports and they've got that all ass backwards. Now I get suggestions for Formula One racing, college basketball and golf even though I don't care about those.

Thebrownblob

Turnabout is fair play.

But were you getting accounts that you'd muted/told the system that you don't want to hear from any more? I was also getting some liberal accounts I didn't want to hear from and once I tagged it they went away.

I think Twtter is also messing with the algorithms for sports and they've got that all ass backwards. Now I get suggestions for Formula One racing, college basketball and golf even though I don't care about those.
I keep it simple I don’t do Twitter never have never will

newfie

Turnabout is fair play.

yes. i had to block some of them to stop seeing them.

vantexan

"The notion that a laptop delivered to the Post by Rudy Giuliani two weeks before the election and rejected by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and others should not have been treated skeptically is the dicier proposition. Further, the hyperventilating about the assault this represents on the First Amendment is risible. Twitter, a private company, was free to ignore Biden’s request. Even if Biden had been president at the time, there would be no violation of the First Amendment. Government officials not infrequently request that journalists refrain from publishing material, often about military secrets. Newspapers sometimes comply and sometimes not. It’s only a violation of the First Amendment if the government coerces the journalists.

Nor did Twitter’s temporary suspension of the Post’s account sway the election, as the hysterical tweets from the likes of Rep. Jim Banks suggest (“Never forget that 79% say truthful coverage of Hunter Biden’s laptop would have changed outcome [sic] of 2020 election”). As Cathy Young notes, 1) the ban lasted only about a day; 2) the ban may have heightened interest in the story rather than suppressing it and in any case the story was available via a Google search; and 3) the whole narrative about Biden’s participation in Ukrainian corruption, the gravamen of the laptop story, is false. It rests on the debunked theory that Biden sought to have a Ukrainian prosecutor fired for investigating Burisma, but the truth is that the prosecutor was not investigating, and that’s one reason Biden pushed for his removal."

Mona Charen, The Bulwark
A lot of tap dancing there. There's no way if Twitter had been working with the Trump White House to censor Democrats that you would find that acceptable. And the laptop itself documents numerous deals that Hunter Biden was making that made no sense from a business standpoint. He simply didn't have any skills or experience that were applicable to those deals. The only conclusion that could be drawn is give him lots of money and get access to his dad.

fishtm2001

A lot of tap dancing there. There's no way if Twitter had been working with the Trump White House to censor Democrats that you would find that acceptable. And the laptop itself documents numerous deals that Hunter Biden was making that made no sense from a business standpoint. He simply didn't have any skills or experience that were applicable to those deals. The only conclusion that could be drawn is give him lots of money and get access to his dad.
You know what's on the laptop? The laptop delivered to the Post by Rudy Giuliani two weeks before the election and rejected by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and others?

fishtm2001

The story generated 2.59 million interactions (likes, comments and shares) on Facebook and Twitter — more than double the next-biggest story about President Trump or former Vice President Joe Biden, Axios reported, citing data analyzed by NewsWhip.
Stories about Hunter Biden, the reactions and how social media responded were five of the 10 biggest stories.
It was the sixth-most-engaged article for the month — behind Trump testing positive for the coronavirus and rocker Eddie Van Halen’s death."
Hmmm. What an odd way to suppress a story.

fishtm2001

Giuliani, who was Trump's designated factotum when he extorted Ukraine to produce fictional dirt on Biden, shows up a year later with a disk drive with no established provenance. The press is justified in waiting until it clear all tests for legitimacy, which it didn't, and still hasn't.