Employee dating a supervisor (on topic)

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don't think that's a problem. You work with them so they know you're already married. The real issue is when her husband finds out and then he tells your wife. Boy does it get complicated then.
Or shows up at work and pretrips your face into the lug nuts and bumper a couple of times.

Would that fall under workers comp or funeral leave?

dudebro

It’s also more of a bad idea these days because the employee can claim it wasn’t consensual with their sup but they feared for their job.

I get that things happen when you spend 10 hours a day around each other, but the potential fallout makes it too risky.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
An old friend of mine (who happened to be a multimillionaire and a true genius) once told me to be careful about what you ask for because you may just get it.
And some things are easier to get into than to get out of.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Im a driver. I eat 16 quail eggs every morning.
Crow eggs are the way to go, bro. Especially in liquid form.
47014883-4818-4DD2-93AE-B6FE7EA39FFE.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
An old friend of mine (who happened to be a multimillionaire and a true genius) once told me to be careful about what you ask for because you may just get it.
And some things are easier to get into than to get out of.
That wasn't a multimillionaire who told you that. I bet it was your dad.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That wasn't a multimillionaire who told you that. I bet it was your dad.
My dad was too busy becoming a millionaire to take the time fyi.
The man that told me that lived in a $39,000.00 house and drove a stripped down Chevy pickup with manual column shifting. He gave gifts of $50,000.00 to children's homes and supported numerous missionaries and foreign (poor) hospitals. You wouldn't know the man had mountainous wealth coming in to his shop due to the things he invented because of how he dressed and lived.
A very brilliant man.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
The man that told me that lived in a $39,000.00 house and drove a stripped down Chevy pickup with manual column shifting. He gave gifts of $50,000.00 to children's homes and supported numerous missionaries and foreign (poor) hospitals. You wouldn't know the man had mountainous wealth coming in to his shop due to the things he invented because of how he dressed and lived.
A very brilliant man.
Does your millionaire Dad know @rickyb 's millionaire Dad ?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's not crazy for a few couples to be working in the same building that employs hundreds of people. The longer you work here, the more of them you spot. The ones that are obvious are also obviously not OK.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The management person is not supposed to be in control of the hourly's paycheck and definitely not to be in a position to alert a feeder driver of an upcoming drug test.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A very brilliant man.