Employee Discounts

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PM me the name of this place?
I think whoever told you that is blowing smoke!
33 days car per day, if they are open 7 days a week? And 38 per day if they are only open 6 days a week?
I have to see it to believe it.....
My salesman alone sold 3 cars while we were there. They have at least 10 salesmen.

clean hairy

This place is the second largest gmc dealer in the country. People fly from all over the country to buy vehicles from them. They list the price online and pretty much tell you if you can beat the price somewhere else buy it from them.
Suppose they are $600 less than a Dealer who is local to you, and you have to buy plane ticket, hotel food, taxi to the Dealership, THEN drive it back home.
And it costs you say, $650 to do this, does the average person realize they saved ZERO, and it costs them money?
A Dealer in your own town or the next town is $400 more than these guys, you really save money as opposed to buying from Mega Dealer in another state.
All about the bottom line!

twoweeled

This place is the second largest gmc dealer in the country. People fly from all over the country to buy vehicles from them. They list the price online and pretty much tell you if you can beat the price somewhere else buy it from them.
Glad you got a good deal. I always get a chuckle when I get that line from a salesman: "If you can buy it cheaper than what I'm offering, , , buy it there"!
Well, of course I'm going to buy it there. I really don't need the salesman to tell me to buy it at the other place, if it's cheaper at the other place!
but that's just me. lol!
Are you allowed to give the name of this place, or will it be censored here at the cafe?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Is there anyway to do it online? Just trying to price check a few different companies

The discount is 22%.

There is no way to submit either of those items online.

Drivers---please make sure to tell your Peak helpers about our cellphone discount and how to get it.

That's not true, Upstate. Like someone else said, you can apply for the discount through the UPSers website. It'll transfer you directly from the UPSers website to the Verizon site where you can fill out the online form and have the discount applied. After a year Verizon will ask you to verify your continued employment with UPS to continue the discount. All you have to do is scan or take a picture of a recent pay stub and email it to them. All possible to do with a smartphone or computer.

Brownslave688

Glad you got a good deal. I always get a chuckle when I get that line from a salesman: "If you can buy it cheaper than what I'm offering, , , buy it there"!
Well, of course I'm going to buy it there. I really don't need the salesman to tell me to buy it at the other place, if it's cheaper at the other place!
but that's just me. lol!
Are you allowed to give the name of this place, or will it be censored here at the cafe?
I doubt that it will be. It's not really competing in any way. Laura Buick and gmc in collinsville Illinois outside of St. Louis.

What really sold me on them is I have a buddy that haggles with everyone over everything.

He had dealt with 3-4 other dealerships over a few months. None of them would price match the prices Laura had listed online. Said they couldn't even really come close. So he called them told them every option he wanted and to call them when they got it in.

They called him on a Friday morning and said its here. Called him back 2 hours later and said sorry we already sold it but there is one coming off of the assembly line tonight that we will have here tomorrow morning for you. That's how quick they move vehicles.

Brownslave688

Suppose they are $600 less than a Dealer who is local to you, and you have to buy plane ticket, hotel food, taxi to the Dealership, THEN drive it back home.
And it costs you say, $650 to do this, does the average person realize they saved ZERO, and it costs them money?
A Dealer in your own town or the next town is $400 more than these guys, you really save money as opposed to buying from Mega Dealer in another state.
All about the bottom line!
Oh I agree if it's just a few hundred bucks. This dealership isn't terribly far from me.

It must be a lot cheaper though because they have people fly in from all over the USA. It would be stupid to do that for $500.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not true, Upstate. Like someone else said, you can apply for the discount through the UPSers website. It'll transfer you directly from the UPSers website to the Verizon site where you can fill out the online form and have the discount applied. After a year Verizon will ask you to verify your continued employment with UPS to continue the discount. All you have to do is scan or take a picture of a recent pay stub and email it to them. All possible to do with a smartphone or computer.

I sit corrected.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They called him on a Friday morning and said its here. Called him back 2 hours later and said sorry we already sold it but there is one coming off of the assembly line tonight that we will have here tomorrow morning for you. That's how quick they move vehicles.

I have to question this, @Brownslave688. Ask him how many miles were on the car when he picked it up.

I'd bet they made a trade or a buy with another dealer and sent someone like me to get it.

Brownslave688

Anyone ever buy a vehicle through Costco?
We don't have Costco but my brother in law rented a car thru them. It was through Costco but an enterprise vehicle I think.

He called enterprise and gave them a chance to match and they said no way can we match that price. So booked it through Costco. Lol

Brownslave688

Not a trade or a buy. Probably already on the truck headed there.

Never, ever believe a car salesman.
I understand what you're saying. I know but know that this place was different.

We couldn't get a salesman to come outside. We had to go inside and get one. Zero upsell. Zero pressure to buy. If you are not buying someone is walking in the door to buy 5 minutes after you leave.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I understand what you're saying. I know but know that this place was different.

We couldn't get a salesman to come outside. We had to go inside and get one. Zero upsell. Zero pressure to buy. If you are not buying someone is walking in the door to buy 5 minutes after you leave.

I have a good friend who sells cars at our Toyota store. He's like that. He has been selling long enough that he lets the new guys go out to sell, and just waits for his customers to come to him. Seniority of the car sales industry.

I'm still thinking whatever your friend bought was already in transit. We do trades on cars in transit. No big deal.

Brownslave688

I have a good friend who sells cars at our Toyota store. He's like that. He has been selling long enough that he lets the new guys go out to sell, and just waits for his customers to come to him. Seniority of the car sales industry.

I'm still thinking whatever your friend bought was already in transit. We do trades on cars in transit. No big deal.
Very possible. Either way vehicles don't sit on their lot long.