Employee Discounts

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a DOdge, So I think your already pushing your luck. Better trade now. :p

My hd2500 is 3 years old, 30k miles. I'm bored with it too, but flip flop with the idea of replacing it, or keeping it indefinitely .

Well, if you have nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon, take a ride to a local dealership and have them work some numbers for you. Better yet, you can probably do the bulk of the legwork online and only go to the dealership to sign the paperwork.

This is how I ended up with my current car. I was bored on a Saturday morning and decided to take a ride down to the Nissan dealership to see if there were any "lease rollback" programs in place. I am glad that I did-----not only did they buy out my lease they applied the balance to my down payment and with the VSP I drove a brand new car off of the lot less than 2 hours later.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Nope.

I don't do a lot of personal driving and usually end up turning them in with a ton of unused miles.

I also like the idea of an electric car. I will wait until I retire and will have to find a place near where I want to move that will let me install an outdoor charging station.
Install charging stations at your condo, have the association pay for it.....what el presidente has no clout on the board?

clean hairy

I usually put the sales staff on the clock. With my last purchase I was in and out in a hour and a half. I paid $250 over invoice on a new Jeep Rubicon. I'm fine with that.
That was the Dealer invoice, I presume?
Dealer invoice is their own made up numbers with a healthy profit built in.
You gave them a an additional profit on top of that.
If you are happy with the deal, that is what is important.
I put them on the clock as well.

brownburro

That was the Dealer invoice, I presume?
Dealer invoice is their own made up numbers with a healthy profit built in.
You gave them a an additional profit on top of that.
If you are happy with the deal, that is what is important.
I put them on the clock as well.
I basically got $5k off msrp with no hassle. I'm sure I could have sat and played the good cop bad cop game but my time is valuable to me.

Oak

New vehicle? No thanks. My '95 1500 4x4 Suburban LT has 348K on it. Runs and drives like a champ. Got 16 mpg when I bought it in '01, still at 16 mpg. I've worked it pretty hard pulling a boat and pulling a trailer. It's all about keeping the oil changed guys. Insurance is cheap. Taxes are cheap.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
New vehicle? No thanks. My '95 1500 4x4 Suburban LT has 348K on it. Runs and drives like a champ. Got 16 mpg when I bought it in '01, still at 16 mpg. I've worked it pretty hard pulling a boat and pulling a trailer. It's all about keeping the oil changed guys. Insurance is cheap. Taxes are cheap.
Do you live someplace where salt is not used on the roads?

Oak

Do you live someplace where salt is not used on the roads?
We probably get 3-5 winter storms on average each year that affect the roads. Yes, they use salt to treat the roadways. I just make sure to get a good undercarriage wash after each storm.

twoweeled

I doubt that it will be. It's not really competing in any way. Laura Buick and gmc in collinsville Illinois outside of St. Louis.

What really sold me on them is I have a buddy that haggles with everyone over everything.

He had dealt with 3-4 other dealerships over a few months. None of them would price match the prices Laura had listed online. Said they couldn't even really come close. So he called them told them every option he wanted and to call them when they got it in.

They called him on a Friday morning and said its here. Called him back 2 hours later and said sorry we already sold it but there is one coming off of the assembly line tonight that we will have here tomorrow morning for you. That's how quick they move vehicles.
I'm glad to hear it. I hope it continues. I'm not sure exactly how it happens - But often these dealers who sell at obviously low prices, get attacked I assume by the other dealers. Some way/some how they end up having to bring their prices up.
In the past (I don't know if it's still the case). New dealers would sell at a very low price, because it affected their auto allotment in the future (or so I was told!).
We had a motorcycle dealer doing that on the west coast. No haggling. No pressure. This is the price. Let us know if you want it. Polite, but cut and dry. Not even a dollar off. But they were the best price. Great while it lasted! Still good, but not nearly as good.
But whatever the reason. Lucky you! I need to find someone like that on the west coast.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We probably get 3-5 winter storms on average each year that affect the roads. Yes, they use salt to treat the roadways. I just make sure to get a good undercarriage wash after each storm.
That's what I always told my wife. We got her car fully detailed and waxed before and after winter. And I always told her to take it through a car wash with under carriage washing after snow.

10 years old not a spec of rust on it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you are happy, great.

But don't ever let a salesman or dealer tell you that they didn't make money or even lost money on your deal.

They always make something, and usually more than you could even imagine.

There's a place call Blue Knob out in Duncansville that charges $500 over invoice on every car. There is no haggling. The price is what the price is. They make $500 on every car they sell and they sell a crap ton of cars.