Employees violating the contract?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I disagree, unless the stealing was unprovoked. I admit to stealing time in the past, only because there's a FT sup that actually goes in and changes my time card and removes minutes from me. I know he does it and he even admitted to it at one time. Since then he stoppe doing it when I complained with the union and threatened further action, but foudn other ways to harrass me. So there are undoubtably cases where you should steal back.

2 wrongs don't make it right. You supposedly stealing time means you haved stooped to his low level of human behavior.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If ups's policies do not matter, than why do you force people to sign them?

Were in your contract does it say that you can suspend an employee for attendance? How many infractions does it take to get suspended? Thats not in the contract!
We had to sign off on the sexual harrassment policy yesterday. (probably because I filed a compalint with the DM). LOL The thing is that they don't enforce it. All yesterday was, was whitewash on a fence that is crumbling underneath. It's the same ol same ol.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If an employee is 5 minutes late coming back from break its not stealing time! Its an attendance infraction! Just read ups's policy on attendance!

I've had 3 drivers terminated for taking more time on their break than they were allowed. I won all 3 at panel. Just keep dispensing your words of wisdom, and we'll just keep winning our cases. There MAY be some people on this site that actually take your advice; perhaps you may want to tell them the way things really are instead of the way you wish they were. Man, I wish you were a steward in my building, I'd be invicible/invisible/invincible/indivisible with liberty and justice for all. I go by the realities of the contract, you go by rhetoric that is not only "teamsterly optimistic", but is actually purely false.

Uh oh, sounds like a squabble is brewing.

invicible. Invisible??

I think he was going for invincible.

Invisible is better!

There, I fixed it, so everyone can be happy.

I think it would be awesome to see live televised full contact fights between managers. They can by start tossing out insults and innuendo, like this thread started, and end up beating the poop out of one another. We could call it 'American Libel'. Hoax, you could be the portly version of Simon Cowell?

I'd only watch to see what Hoax would be wearing.

I seriously hope you aren't as stupid in real life as you appear on here.

Yes, I had too much time on my hands!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I've had 3 drivers terminated for taking more time on their break than they were allowed. I won all 3 at panel. Just keep dispensing your words of wisdom, and we'll just keep winning our cases. There MAY be some people on this site that actually take your advice; perhaps you may want to tell them the way things really are instead of the way you wish they were. Man, I wish you were a steward in my building, I'd be invicible. I go by the realities of the contract, you go by rhetoric that is not only "teamsterly optimistic", but is actually purely false.

You think pretty high of your self! So what is exactly that you claim to manage at ups? Please tell me what building you work at, i would love to transfer and beat you with the contract on a daily basis!!!!!!!
We had to sign off on the sexual harrassment policy yesterday. (probably because I filed a compalint with the DM). LOL The thing is that they don't enforce it. All yesterday was, was whitewash on a fence that is crumbling underneath. It's the same ol same ol.
Dil, you really do not have to sign that! That is not a requirement. And some of us actually like to be sexually harassed every now and again!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You think pretty high of your self! So what is exactly that you claim to manage at ups? Please tell me what building you work at, i would love to transfer and beat you with the contract on a daily basis!!!!!!!

Dil, you really do not have to sign that! That is not a requirement. And some of us actually like to be sexually harassed every now and again!
Yeah I know RED. Last year our top driver (male)(D...) refused to sign it. He is one of those egotistical types. Yesterday this same driver signed it and handed it in. I took a great deal of satisfaction from that. :happy2:

and I don't mind it coming from the right person.:wink2:

Enforcerx

Well our ctr managers know what us drivers go through on a dailys basis. They have an open door policy. Talk to you management. My management let me put it under driver marketing, due to the fact that i was doing good on sales leads. Know your customers, what they do, what they make, and how you and UPS can help them grow there business. If your heart is in the right place you will be fine.

SMCRDFCL

UPSGF/UPSF in Reno, NV is violating article 43 and 44 of our current contract. They have three road drivers on layoff and other drivers on the extra board working two or three days per week.
The Company is using Werner, JB Hunt, Covenant and other modes of transportation while we have drivers laid off. The Union and The Company deadlocks this issue when it goes to panel and it is time for The Membership to file charges against The Union and The Company with the National Labor Relations Board to force a settlement. This is a ongoing National issue that effects all Teamsters welfare.
Employees violating the contract...Overnite past employees, who dove tailed with Motor Cargo Union Employees into the Reno Barn, do it all the time in Reno...it is the good ole boy network aided and abetted by Overnite management

D

Dis-organized Labor

This "stealing time" issue is really interesting to me.
Most companies refer to the contract when the business relationship has been broken.
I know many will disagree, if I have a person who consistently did a good job, I would probably have no issue with a bit of time here and there.
If, on the other hand, I had a constant pain in the butt, I would probably refer to the contract more often.

Channahon

Most companies refer to the contract when the business relationship has been broken.
I know many will disagree, if I have a person who consistently did a good job, I would probably have no issue with a bit of time here and there.
If, on the other hand, I had a constant pain in the butt, I would probably refer to the contract more often.

Everyone has their own style of management, however, based on your comment above, that is favoritism among your employees.

An infraction needs to be addressed, regardless of the employee performance.

I would not put myself in the position of not being fair to all employees, as that will cause more headaches than you need. Just my experience over the 27 years I spent in management.

And now happily retired without any contract to follow.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Everyone has their own style of management, however, based on your comment above, that is favoritism among your employees.

An infraction needs to be addressed, regardless of the employee performance.

I would not put myself in the position of not being fair to all employees, as that will cause more headaches than you need. Just my experience over the 27 years I spent in management.

And not happily retired without any contract to follow.

I know, you're right. I learned that the hard way, but i still can't resist giving someone a break now and then.

ol'browneye

This is what frustrates me about our current management. I have seen an on-car tell one driver it's okay to do a certain thing and then turn around and give another driver a warning letter for doing the same thing just because he didn't like the second driver.