Empty Shelves

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well the shelves maybe empty but M&Ms will be woke.

Mars, Incorporated, the company behind the colorful, candy-coated chocolates, announced Thursday a “global commitment to creating a world where everyone feels they belong and society is inclusive.”

As part of the new mission to increase the “sense of belonging for 10 million people around the world by 2025,” Mars said the M&M’s characters — who serve as mascots of sorts for the brand — would be receiving fresh, new looks.

The green M&M, previously seen in ads posing seductively and strutting her stuff in white go-go boots, will now sport a pair of sneakers. A description for the green candy on the M&M’s website says she enjoys “being a hypewoman for my friends.”

“I think we all win when we see more women in leading roles, so I’m happy to take on the part of supportive friend when they succeed,” the green M&M said on the promotional site.

Another character, the brown M&M, described her motto as, “Not bossy. Just the boss.”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Mars, Incorporated, the company behind the colorful, candy-coated chocolates, announced Thursday a “global commitment to creating a world where everyone feels they belong and society is inclusive.”

As part of the new mission to increase the “sense of belonging for 10 million people around the world by 2025,” Mars said the M&M’s characters — who serve as mascots of sorts for the brand — would be receiving fresh, new looks.

The green M&M, previously seen in ads posing seductively and strutting her stuff in white go-go boots, will now sport a pair of sneakers. A description for the green candy on the M&M’s website says she enjoys “being a hypewoman for my friends.”

“I think we all win when we see more women in leading roles, so I’m happy to take on the part of supportive friend when they succeed,” the green M&M said on the promotional site.

Another character, the brown M&M, described her motto as, “Not bossy. Just the boss.”
I will never buy another Mars product again

Box Ox

"A description for the green candy on the M&M’s website says she enjoys “being a hypewoman for my friends.”

What?

vantexan

As they get big and fat and diabetic from gorging on M&M's.

rod

Retired 22 years

With TV commercials turning to about 90% black actors I'm surprised M & M's hasn't switched to ALL brown ones.

rickyb

Also every couple has to be a mixed race
This is neoliberalism gumby. U get the appearances of change but no substantial justice. Its all superficial. like a woman prez who is actually terribly corrupt. u wont hear about taxing the rich or fighting back against corporate power. Its just skin color or ur sex

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Mandatory gay and minority characters in everything now. What is worse is remakes of old shows and have to be diverse even if it makes no sense.
Also every couple has to be a mixed race
Screenshot_20211201-070938_Gallery.jpg