Energy Drinks...NO MORE!!

blacknproud

No joke, in North IL district, there was a memo sent out to the vendors NOT to stack any energy drinks...monster (my favorite) red bull etc...because the hourlies were bouncing off the walls. I am not kidding, I talked to the vender this morning. Wouldn't you think they would want us wired instead of dragging our butts? Oh well, I just bring my own from home.

Oh by the way, it's not a "garbage" issue either...lol

local804

NO, its not a garbage issue.
Do yourself a favor... Go to your local food store and buy a 12 pack of red bull and a small cooler. You will save about 15 bucks from the markup they charge with the bulk discount you purchase. Use UPS`s ice machine at the beg of your shift and we have a happy camper.

Do yourself a favor... Go to your local food store and buy a 12 pack of red bull and a small cooler. You will save about 15 bucks from the markup they charge with the bulk discount you purchase. Use UPS`s ice machine at the beg of your shift and we have a happy camper.

I knew many people who boycotted the vending machines because the cost was just ridiculous. Besides, UPS gets a cut of the profits. It's much cheaper to bring your own large thermos that you can guzzle from all night or at least buy in bulk at home and bring your own drinks/snacks in.

over9five

Staff member
"...sent out to the vendors NOT to stack any energy drinks...monster..."

A long time ago, UPS told the lunch truck guy he could no longer sell "Jolt" at UPS anymore. They were afraid of people falling off the belts.

Do they still make Jolt? I remember the commercials:

"Made with REAL sugar and TWICE the caffeine!"

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
Those energy drinks will kill you! Altough they do mix nicely with whiskey on the weekend, you stay up and kill brain cells twice as fast.:w00t::balloon::wacko::punk:

HazMatMan

I knew many people who boycotted the vending machines because the cost was just ridiculous. Besides, UPS gets a cut of the profits. It's much cheaper to bring your own large thermos that you can guzzle from all night or at least buy in bulk at home and bring your own drinks/snacks in.

A cut of the profits too?? Besides charging the vendor a fee to have the vending machine on UPS property?? Wonder if the boycotts of the machines turned to a low profit for UPS thus a low raise amount in the new contract???? lol.

HazMatMan

First no smoking, now no caffiene.
I could never do preload in this brave new world.

Yeah, times they are a changin. I remember smoking a butt and grabbin packages off the belt. then, no smoking in the work area but only in the cafeteria, then no smoking anywhere in the building except on the roof..

brett636

The vending company that handles our building is terrible. They have forms that can be filled out to get money back from the machines when they mess up, but rarely will you get your money back. It used to be tolerable because prices were cheaper in the hub than most vending machines elsewhere, but in the last couple of years the price of a 20 oz. bottle of coke went from .90 to $1.25. Its funny though because the rise in price of the pops seems to come the same week we get our raise. I wonder with the new contract if the prices are going to rise twice a year now since we get two raises?

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in doing whatever you can to save from markups. I've been at various jobs where the soda machines were so expensive for a 20oz soda, that it was cheaper to just go buy a two liter at the food store.

In some instances where the price on soft drinks in the vending machine are cheaper than other places it is because the owner of the location forgoes the commission pay for the machine's placement. The commission is actually intended to offset the energy usage of the equipment, but some people just want that moola$
On the refunds, most vending companies that I know of pay off refund claims when there is a clog in the coin chute, when the amount of $ in the clog is used up the claims are ignored. If you have one of those snack machines that has the auger delivery device the machine can be shaken until product falls off the end. When this happens the next person that select that item gets ripped off, but that isn't the venders fault, no refund coming.
I worked in the vending business several years before UP$. Now THAT was a job I really liked. Greener grass syndrome.