wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It’s true. One might’ve thought I’d been starved at a labor camp after my first summer driving. Dropped a lotta blubber shocking the body with all the high heat work.

Damn. What time do you wake up every day, brah?
I wake up at 5:30am, but I don’t break my fast until 2pm. My feeding window is 2pm to 8pm. Since fasting, my blood tests have never been so good.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How long does that stay in your system? I might've had some secondhand contact recently.

I think several weeks. We lost a driver that vaped some cannabis oil at a Halloween party last year. I don't know why he was tested, but he lost when it went to panel.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Agreed on eating in a short window. Intermittent fasting combined with eating nutrient-dense food (and not the simple sugar filled crap) is a great way to get healthy and lose weight. My wife has been doing it (because of a hormone imbalance) with great results. I tend to give myself a 12 hour window and, combined with body weight exercises, I’ve actually gained muscle mass.
Awesome job man!! It works!! It’s the way we were always meant to eat. I blame part of the high cancer and obesity on the food window. Insulin is a mother FR. we went from breakfast at 8am and dinner at 5pm to this BS “fitness money making” stuff of eating 6 meals a day and eating constantly. Keep up the good work

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Awesome job man!! It works!! It’s the way we were always meant to eat. I blame part of the high cancer and obesity on the food window. Insulin is a mother FR. we went from breakfast at 8am and dinner at 5pm to this BS “fitness money making” stuff of eating 6 meals a day and eating constantly. Keep up the good work
Same to you brother.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Okay this is my fourth week at the united parcel service. I'm pretty exhausted after an hour or two and I was wondering if you guys recommend having a monster/redbull/5 hour energy etc?
I usually don't eat before my preload shift so I can see that being a problem. I'm a pretty big guy at 250lbs, 5'10 so my cardio isn't all there either...

1. You got to loose weight.
2. Eat better
3. Tons of water
4. A energy drink every once in a while won't kill you- apples, bananas, grapes are better.
5. This job is exposing how out of shape you really were in the first place but over time your body will adjust, more so if you take care of yourself.

frank123

One out of seven FT hires has to be an outside (nonunion) hire. In my building that’s almost always from the PT supes, but it’s the center manager’s discretion who gets that spot.

You could be fine after taking a sup spot and still end up going. Or you could get a crappy center manager or DM and get stuck. If you stay hourly, it’s just a waiting game and then making it once it’s your turn based on seniority.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
if you want to lose weight and be in shape, and have energy, you need to find out what works best for you diet-wise and go for it. There is no one miracle diet that works for everyone, science and studies have proven this. You need to find YOUR diet.

Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day, followed by lunch. Skip that and you are toast, no pun intended.

But concerning energy drinks, those will suck the life out of you. If you want energy: eat a banana (natural sugar), coffee (stimulant w/out sugar).. natural stuff where your blood sugar won't spike up and downwards.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I used to work for Coca Cola as my side gig, and that was my go to drink. Tore up my kidneys. Still like the taste though.
NOS or Party Like a Rockstar? I remember NOS had like these mild orange notes about it. Not overwhelming, kinda just right. Seemed to have the best tendency to keep my ass up. I don't think I've had any since those days though. Eventually at UPS I adopted Monster Java as my emergency go-to if I thought I was going to have issues doing a late night or 2am shuttle or something. I've been known to slip one in from time to time still.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
NOS or Party Like a Rockstar? I remember NOS had like these mild orange notes about it. Not overwhelming, kinda just right. Seemed to have the best tendency to keep my ass up. I don't think I've had any since those days though. Eventually at UPS I adopted Monster Java as my emergency go-to if I thought I was going to have issues doing a late night or 2am shuttle or something. I've been known to slip one in from time to time still.
NOS. It had the best taste out of all the energy drinks.

tony480

Okay this is my fourth week at the united parcel service. I'm pretty exhausted after an hour or two and I was wondering if you guys recommend having a monster/redbull/5 hour energy etc?
I usually don't eat before my preload shift so I can see that being a problem. I'm a pretty big guy at 250lbs, 5'10 so my cardio isn't all there either...

Try “bang” zero sugar and gets you wired