motonut

I really hope this is a trolling thread and you're really not that ignorant to seriously ask these questions. If these questions are indeed true, shame on your parents. They did a horrible job raising you.

Energy drinks are bad. Soda is almost as bad.
As for your questions - Bring a banana, granola bar or maybe even make a PB&J while home. Stay away from all energy drinks. Personally, I think you should stay away from soda all together. Stick to just water. If you must get a soda for some caffeine in the AM, find a diet soda with less sugar. I'm a fan of coffee and water.

You're pretty exhausted after an hour or two, it's because you're overweight and out of shape. Honestly, how much exercise did you average, before coming to work at UPS? Right now-best thing you can do is hydrate properly. As the summer heat shows up, you'll shed off some of that 250lbs.

Hope this helps.
I agree entirely. I’m a 27 year employee at age 49 and I’m unloading 3+ 57 footers (solo) every morning (3am-8am). It gets easier the more you do it as long as you stretch, drink water, lift properly and absolutely always wear gloves. The gloves may seem like not a big deal but they help you grip the boxes, that takes strain off your hands, elbows, shoulders, and ultimately your back. my best friend just got back to normal health after almost dying because he was drinking energy drinks and pre-workout drinks. These drinks are loaded with Niacin and it will literally kill you. My friend had headaches so bad he had to take time off work (CHP) and when he did labs they told him his liver was at 50% function. He is back to normal after staying away from all those “energy” drinks and “pre/post workout drinks”. Stay away from that stuff. Actual story, not some health nut anti-energy drink BS. I see people at my center down 2 or more monsters in a 4 hour shift daily. They will not last.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Back in the ‘90’s there weren’t energy drinks and it was forbidden to have food or beverages anywhere near the work area (imagine that, lol). So us hubrats would improvise and make our own liquid energy sludge during our 10 min break. Back then the coke machines kicked out a plastic cup, filled it with ice, then dispensed you coke, etc. We’d drink about 3 inches of the coke then go over to the coffee machine and top off that cup of iced coke with an espresso. It tasted like bullish, but that second half of the sort was the best part of the night, with all us cracked out meat-machines screaming and hollering and carrying on. Man, my belt kicked some ass. Lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I drink sugar free and occasional regular Rockstars when they are on sale at Kroger for $1. Monster low carb taste better than the sugar free Rockstars but don’t seem to get to the $1 range very often. I usually hit one before a run or a soccer game, followed up by plenty of water or Poweraid zero.

Also like to hit the regular Rockstars when I’m gaming.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I drink sugar free and occasional regular Rockstars when they are on sale at Kroger for $1. Monster low carb taste better than the sugar free Rockstars but don’t seem to get to the $1 range very often. I usually hit one before a run or a soccer game, followed up by plenty of water or Poweraid zero.

Also like to hit the regular Rockstars when I’m gaming.
I drink a Monster drink when I wake up at a music festival ... it gets me going after partying and listening to music until 4 or 5 in the morning.

Stay away from energy drinks with sugar or large amounts of sugar. Drink water, dont drink Gatorade.
I drink Powerade Zero ... at least a quart a day, primarily because I like it.
Gatorade is a no no with all the glucose in it as I am diabetic.
The key is too hydrate prior to working or engaging in exercise.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Energy drinks just intensify my anger.
And turn your feathers different colors.

66845.jpg

watdaflock?

I drink a Monster drink when I wake up at a music festival ... it gets me going after partying and listening to music until 4 or 5 in the morning.

I drink Powerade Zero ... at least a quart a day, primarily because I like it.
Gatorade is a no no with all the glucose in it as I am diabetic.
The key is too hydrate prior to working or engaging in exercise.
Curious, how much sugar are you allowed to have being diabetic? Monster energy drink also has sugar, although not quite as much as gatorade...

Driver7906

If you want some REAL natural energy without caffeine try this:

Eat an orange in the morning and eat the peel with it. The peel has a ton of extra nutrients and megadose of extra vitamin C. It's super good for you and it will keep you naturally wired throughout the day. It's better than any harmful, unhealthy crap-filled energy drink. Energy drinks are bad for your heart and kidneys.

Driver7906

Eat an orange in the morning and eat the peel with it. The peel has a ton of extra nutrients and megadose of extra vitamin C. It's super good for you and it will keep you naturally wired throughout the day. It's better than any harmful, unhealthy crap-filled energy drink. Energy drinks are bad for your heart and kidneys.

If you do try this, your guts may not be used to it at first and you'll take a massive dump later in the day from all the fiber in the peel but that's a good thing. It's cleaning your system out. I also forgot to mention that the peel digesting in your guts will keep your breath smelling fresh all day long. And wash the peel down with a lot of water to get the nutrients in your bloodstream.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

If you do try this, your guts may not be used to it at first and you'll take a massive dump later in the day from all the fiber in the peel but that's a good thing. It's cleaning your system out. I also forgot to mention that the peel digesting in your guts will keep your breath smelling fresh all day long. And wash the peel down with a lot of water to get the nutrients in your bloodstream.

B950BA95-0E96-40F7-A679-BC66E5EDE54D.gif