Entitlement

• Thread starter selfcancelsignal
  • Start date
Z

ZQXC

The "you make to much" comments annoy me. I think I will start telling people " well you must be over paid for your position since you're just watching me work".

My standard reply:

"It's there for anyone that wants it; years of part time work in the middle of the night. But, you can't live on that, so you also work a full time job during the day. Now you're working 12 to 14 hours a day and don't know when a full time driving position will become available (but it will be years). "

" Would you like to apply? No? "

brownmvp

What about customers who want/expect you to build their pallet perfectly to make their job easier but dont help you at all?

S

selfcancelsignal

The "you make to much" comments annoy me. I think I will start telling people " well you must be over paid for your position since you're just watching me work".
The only customers I usually ever hear say we make too much are the ones that actually help & are just giving me shizz about it. It's the few that don't say it & watch you load or unload a pallet or 2 of bulk & 8-12 long heavy irregulars that really make me wanna kick them in the nizzuts.

upsman68

The receptionist at City Hall on my route wants me to bring deliveries to each department. Human resources goes upstairs, billing down the hall on the left etc, etc. What do you do in that situation? The boxes are all paled to one address.

10 point

The receptionist at City Hall on my route wants me to bring deliveries to each department. Human resources goes upstairs, billing down the hall on the left etc, etc. What do you do in that situation? The boxes are all paled to one address.
I had high rises and court houses with that same issue so I wrote the room number, or floor number, or office dept names in each separate delivery and got a separate signature for each delivery.
Spohr (and cash flow) increased daily. No problem here.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
No one gets to watch me work, period. If you're going to stand around my truck, you're going to have packages tossed to you. Easiest way to cut through the guessing games. The customer usually appreciates the hustle, too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are they all addressed to "City Hall" or are they addressed to the individual department? I also deliver to City Hall and, yes, I deliver to each individual department, if marked, or to the city clerk for those that are not marked. I live in a fairly small city (20K) so it is not a big deal for me to do this as they don't get a whole lot of deliveries.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If a customer wants to help, great! I very much appreciate it. If a customer can't help, that's okay too. I get paid by the hour. The ones that totally tick me off are the ones that will watch you struggle to open a door with an arm load. Didn't your Momma teach you good manners?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Real Entitlement. Set for life!

welfare.1.1019.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
If a customer wants to help I would gladly let him/her. If they don't want to help then don't get in my way while I'm trying to work.