Epic Terminations!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We once had a contest where if you turn in leads and get new pickup accounts started, they would give out prizes. One of the prizes was a baseball autographed by the Astros. I worked in Houston. The prizes were kept in the center manager's office. Came time to give out the prizes, and nobody could find the autographed baseball. Investigation revealed that the center manager had swiped the ball. End of a long career at UPS. Ironically, at about this same time, his son was a hotshot pitcher in high school, and got drafted and played briefly for the astros. So he stole a ball his son could have probably gotten for him for free.
Another example. a center supervisor told a driver to buy a spark plug for his pc with COD money, and the supervisor reimbursed him with cash from his pocket. Supervisor turned the receipt in on his expense account, only he added "assembly" after the word spark plug, and added 2 digits to the cost of the item. LP went to the auto supply and got an original copy of the receipt. Busted. Gone. This same supervisor would get employees to run errands in their personal cars, save the mileage and he said UPS would reimburse them. They never did. He kept the money. He was always broke. He would constantly borrow money from drivers. He had a wife who had very expensive tastes in designer clothing and purses.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
We had a lost prevention guy fired for stealing. He was a real ass hole. He then got a job selling insurance and his wife started calling drivers to see if they would buy insurance from him. I don’t know of anyone that did. Don’t have a clue where he is these days.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
At our hub they could have fired almost every feeder driver for sleeping on the clock
but everyone made service.

we would speed all night and figure the time saved and park on side of road and sleep.
as long as no one was late management didnt care.

we all did it when we had paper time cards but it blended over with the IVIS for awhile.

eventually they ended that practice.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
At our hub they could have fired almost every feeder driver for sleeping on the clock

we would speed all night and figure the time saved and park on side of road and sleep.

we all did it when we had paper time cards but it blended over with the IVIS for awhile.

Lot lizard

Are you bipolar?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ha Ha Ha !

I used "The Big Idea" against them at a panel. The company was trying to claim a driver was stealing time

for not walking thru peoples yards. (to save time) Oops. "The Big Idea" had an article (with pics) demonstrating

the "method" was to only walk on solid surfaces, such as sidewalks and driveways.

As soon as I saw that article.... I was like "I better save this, it will come in handy."

Still got it.

:biggrin:
Used that on some I E guy on a time study , gave him the pkg and said you walk on that guys lawn !! Knew the old guy would go nuts if he saw

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I knew a center manager who had a side piece he was banging, went on for a while , gets pulled over for drunk driving and tried using the Empires gold card for bail , the Empire looked deep and was using it for meal and occasional hotel hook ups with the side piece ,,, lost job and wife ,,, no tears shed for that pompous dope

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Had a center manager get fired for stealing firearm send agains, another center manager fired for stealing petty cash. An on road fired for forging signatures on safety training we didn't take. Another on road fired for not coming to work but lied saying he was at work. Another center manager fired for racial slurs. Other than that just some seasonal preloaders stealing shoes and cell phones. Typical seasonal behavior. Our center is the kiss of death for management. All self inflicted is the sad thing. Anybody wonder why I'll never trust management?

wilberforce15

Several years ago we had a part time supervisor throwing send again 📦’s over the fence while he was in the yard doing an audit. Caught him with an exploding dye box...Our L/P guy was grinning ear to ear..

:bigsmile2:

He was also stealing cash from his co-workers when he was in the building..

Talk about having some 🧶🧶’s
We just might be in the same facility....

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had a guy fired for asking for over 70 help and management went and investigated the package after delivery and label weight said 67lb. Fired for integrity.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I knew a center manager who had a side piece he was banging, went on for a while , gets pulled over for drunk driving and tried using the Empires gold card for bail , the Empire looked deep and was using it for meal and occasional hotel hook ups with the side piece ,,, lost job and wife ,,, no tears shed for that pompous dope

Management using their Company credit card for personal endeavors has always been a problem, a lot of the arrogant Demi-gods found out the hard way. We lost several over a strip joint outing, others involved got demoted, rumors was floating around that the final tab was it was considerable...💵💵💵💵💵💵

:hello,soldier: