ERI results?

upsgrunt

Did anyone ever hear any results on the latest ERI that we took? We never heard anything and just wondered if it "crashed" and the results were too bad to share with the hourlies.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The ERI results were usually available 2-3 weeks after it was completed. The results were always announced be they good, bad or ugly. I think they always said it was a good way of keeping the lines of communication open. When you'd get a new manager usually 2-3 bad ERI's and he'd be gone to torture another center.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We haven't heard anything about the ERI here. Quite honestly, I think everyone either forgot about it, or (like myself) just doesn't give a flying :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. What does it really matter? Nothing is going to change because of it.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I was wondering why we were never shown the results of the last ERI survey either. In our front office there is this plaque with all the previous year's scores on it . . . except last year's is mysteriously missing. Now, I know the score was really low because our entire workgroup is pretty dissatisfied with the way things have been going and I'm sure that became clear after the ERI was completed.

As a side note, a few months ago our old sup asked me just why the results were so low. Guess he kind of took it personally, but I told him that I was not happy with the way things were going and that it was unfortunate that he had to bear the brunt of my outrage even though it was upper management who were - and are - screwing us each and every day. I was a little sad that he had to be the scapegoat because he is a nice guy and all, and a couple of months ago he was transferred to another part of the country after being here for close to ten years. Maybe the ERI results factored in, maybe they didn't.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Everyone in our center refused to take it (again) this time. Thats twice out of the last three times that an ERI was not done in our center. Believe me when I tell you that not taking one sends a much clearer picture that you are unhappy than taking one and giving bad marks. They have no way of fudging the numbers when there is no number to fudge.

local804

Im sure someone at a higher level cares for the center manager that gets tank or least best. From what I understand, its part of the cms balanced scorecard.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It's my understanding that only the favorable numbers from the ERI survey are posted, otherwise they're held under wraps.

For instance, in our center there are about 6 questions that have 70%+ or greater approval posted in huge letters, but none of the other 100 questions were listed.

Seeing that some of the questions overlap (basically ask the same thing), I'd love to see the entire results!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They aren't telling us the results either. I know the majority here did not give a good review. Our mgt team did not get any good praise neither did mech's or equip, or much of anything else for that matter!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I never saw the last results for our ERI either. Since IE keeps overloading drivers with too many stops, then I don't see why the company thinks that ERI results will be favorable toward the management team or company.

upsgrunt

I know I've been at UPS long enough to know the answer, but it just blows my mind that a survey that UPS administers and then gets "least best results" refuses to acknowledge to us pleebs that there are problems with the system and that here is what we intend to do about it. They sure don't have a problem telling us what questions got a favorable response, but this year we didn't even get that. Is it too much to ask to let us in on all the secrets? Aren't we all in this together? Let the laughing begin!!!!!!!

currahee

I didnt get ask to take it(wouldnt have taken it anyway).I think its funny how mgmt tries to make a voluntary survey manditory.Im from the belief that it speaks louder not to take it then to bash the company while taking it.
I absolutely refuse to take it until it breaks the categories down better. I think you should be able to rate your sup, center manager and higher mgmt separatly(sp.). I also think you should be able to rate preload and pas.

JustTired

free at last.......
I've got an idea.......

Why not get rid of all the people who deal with the ERI and hire a few more drivers and preloaders? That should go a long way in boosting morale and pride amongst the hourly.

I think most know the whole ERI concept is a joke, anyway. A good percentage don't take it and an even bigger percentage take it for the extra OT. Besides....they never ask the right questions and the choice of responses are too vague in most cases.

Another idea...

Get rid of the "balanced scorecard" concept. How can you judge the performance of a manager when they're prohibited from managing? That so called "scorecard" is not a true reflection of the manager. It's more accurately a reflection of their superior. Unless, of course, the true job description of a center manager is to be the fallguy for those above him. I think I'd pass on that job!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I've got an idea.......

Get rid of the "balanced scorecard" concept. How can you judge the performance of a manager when they're prohibited from managing? That so called "scorecard" is not a true reflection of the manager. It's more accurately a reflection of their superior. Unless, of course, the true job description of a center manager is to be the fallguy for those above him. I think I'd pass on that job!

+1

I remember back when I had just started for UPS back in 84. Our center manager was a straight shooter. He didn't pull any punches and let you know where you stood. He would also bend over backwards to help you out if he could. I remember once he was on the phone to the DM and said " Who is running this center.......... me or you? Let me make the decisions" He was a heck of a center manager and moved right on up the ladder till he retired a few years ago. Nothing like that will ever happen anymore. I think all the sups and center manager's have to call to those above and get permission to tie their shoes. Its pretty ridiculous the way decisions are made nowadays. Sometimes we sit for 20 minutes of a morning waiting for the preload sup to call the center manager so he in turn can call the DM and see if we can put on another driver.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
[I remember once he was on the phone to the DM and said " Who is running this center.......... me or you? Let me make the decisions" He was a heck of a center manager and moved right on up the ladder till he retired a few years ago. Nothing like that will ever happen anymore/QUOTE]

how true how true. They have lost the art of managing. Now all they really are are messengers.

Any one here remember the challenges series, where the flow of energy was from the top down, their only goal in life was to remove the barriers between us and success on our routes, and to make the customer #1 as a focused goal? And you know what, the company grew like never before.

But then there was a shift change at the top, and those that could not lead demanded we all follow. And we have become so focused on ourselves that in many cases we have forgotten who has made us what we are.

EDD dispatchers say the customer really dosnt care when they get the packages during the promised day. I am here to tell you they do. Problem is they only have three choices, USPS, Fedex and US. Not much to choose from.

anyway, I digress. ERI's are focused on only your local management. It should be, as mentioned, broken down to levels. Like the automotive group in ours always rated 85 or better, as we have some really good mechanics that respond very well and in a timely manor to our needs. They used to sit in during the drivers safety meeting and participted as well.

d