Ethics Hotline... How anonymous is it really?

Yomama11

Among many other issues, a station has two glaring Ethics issues regarding favoritism or some other form of unequal treatment among peers.

1. Having to do with employees with less than 5yrs seniority being more than half way through step progression.

2. Another has to do with a mis-classified employee, Office Staff earning CRR pay.(listed as courier, but most definitely does not do courier duties.)

So how Anonymous is the Ethics hotline.

These are valid points. The only reason its allowed because we accept it. Every market level needs to have a pay analysis. Not by fedex but a 3rd party.

Its nonsense having employees with 15 years of service on step 3 and having a 3 year employee on the same step. Those employees with 3 years are clearly overpaid!!!

BootsOnTarmac

OP -
Since you are calling the hotline, and you feel you have legitimate concerns, be sure to call from work. Obviously use a phone not under video surveillance, if your a little paranoid.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’d only rat on YOU, to @Big Arrow Down...D for putting Uncle Casper out there like that.

Does he drag Uncle Casper around like Bernie?

fullsize.jpeg

Oldfart

How does anyone get moved up in step progression as a result of being a favorite of their manager? Didn't know a manager could do that.

vantexan

These are valid points. The only reason its allowed because we accept it. Every market level needs to have a pay analysis. Not by fedex but a 3rd party.

Its nonsense having employees with 15 years of service on step 3 and having a 3 year employee on the same step. Those employees with 3 years are clearly overpaid!!!
Shouldn't punish the 3 year employees, they aren't overpaid. The 15 year employees are underpaid.

!Retired!

How does anyone get moved up in step progression as a result of being a favorite of their manager? Didn't know a manager could do that.
They can't, it's all controlled by Memphis and done electronically. You move up 1 step, just like everyone else. Back when there were reviews, managers would change numbers at will. I know you remember those days.

CJinx

Just tell 'em your name is Deep Throat or something. I wouldn't give them my name or employee id number. Also I wouldn't call in an ethics complaint about anything I'd previously brought to anyone's attention in the station, either. I have no doubt that a legitimate issue getting dealt with outside the station would cause an in-house witch hunt.

overflowed

Among many other issues, a station has two glaring Ethics issues regarding favoritism or some other form of unequal treatment among peers.

1. Having to do with employees with less than 5yrs seniority being more than half way through step progression.

2. Another has to do with a mis-classified employee, Office Staff earning CRR pay.(listed as courier, but most definitely does not do courier duties.)

So how Anonymous is the Ethics hotline.
I worked there 10 years. Nothing you have any concerns about will change. Especially about pay.

Oldfart

They can't, it's all controlled by Memphis and done electronically. You move up 1 step, just like everyone else. Back when there were reviews, managers would change numbers at will. I know you remember those days.
The person is complaining that people are in a higher step than their seniority calls for. How is that possible? How do they know what step another employee is on?

Maybe I read it wrong but I believe that is one of their complaints.

vantexan

All the bad stuff happened to you. Remember, managers don't get mad, they get even.

That is why every manager you worked for hated you and did you wrong every chance they got. Bummer
You see Timmy, I took on all the bad stuff so that you could have a better working life. You should be thankful..

vantexan

The person is complaining that people are in a higher step than their seniority calls for. How is that possible? How do they know what step another employee is on?

Maybe I read it wrong but I believe that is one of their complaints.
Try to keep up. He's asking why 15 year employees are on the same step as 3 year employees. Doesn't seem fair. By the way, I didn't think FedEx would come up with extra beyond the step raise, but they did. I'm glad for everyone, but surprised. Question going forward is this a one off, or will they increase steps annually to match inflation?

Oldfart

Try to keep up. He's asking why 15 year employees are on the same step as 3 year employees. Doesn't seem fair. By the way, I didn't think FedEx would come up with extra beyond the step raise, but they did. I'm glad for everyone, but surprised. Question going forward is this a one off, or will they increase steps annually to match inflation?
You must be drinking tonight. The person asked about "ethics and favoritism" They mentioned that a person with less than 5 years seniority being more than halfway thru the 10 steps. Guess they think some manager was able to bump a person up a few levels. They never mentioned anything about a 15 year employee. That was someone else. Try to keep up.

Oldfart

You see Timmy, I took on all the bad stuff so that you could have a better working life. You should be thankful..
Thanks for taking 1 for the team. When you continue to be a PIA to your managers, they take pleasure in returning the favor. Guess you were never smart enough to figure that out.

Oldfart

By the way, I didn't think FedEx would come up with extra beyond the step raise, but they did. I'm glad for everyone, but surprised. Question going forward is this a one off, or will they increase steps annually to match inflation?

You don't even work here anymore yet you spend your free time worrying about employee pay. Why not enjoy retirement and don't worry about things that don't concern you. Your constant complaining isn't gonna do anything.