Ethics Hotline... How anonymous is it really?

vantexan

You don't even work here anymore yet you spend your free time worrying about employee pay. Why not enjoy retirement and don't worry about things that don't concern you. Your constant complaining isn't gonna do anything.
I'm only here for you. You give me a reason to get up in the morning. Can't wait for your next post!

Oldfart

I'm only here for you. You give me a reason to get up in the morning. Can't wait for your next post!
You need a hobby besides crying on here all the time.

I see you ignored the fact you are totally lost about the OP. Try to keep up bubba. Put down the Pabst.

throwaway10

My question is how do you know these things about their pay?

People have mouths, and they speak. With current pay actions 2yr employee asked what step they would be, they were told probably 2 or 3... they looked at the chart and said "that can't be right, I make more than that now, I think I'll be step 5"

As for the mis classified office worker(csa) we all have access to the workgroup roster, and this guy is listed as a CRR, but never drives or has driven.

Oldfart

People have mouths, and they speak. With current pay actions 2yr employee asked what step they would be, they were told probably 2 or 3... they looked at the chart and said "that can't be right, I make more than that now, I think I'll be step 5"

As for the mis classified office worker(csa) we all have access to the workgroup roster, and this guy is listed as a CRR, but never drives or has driven.
I don't believe any amount of favoritism would allow a person to skip pay steps. As far as a person getting courier pay to work as a CSA, that is highly possible.

Yomama11

You must be drinking tonight. The person asked about "ethics and favoritism" They mentioned that a person with less than 5 years seniority being more than halfway thru the 10 steps. Guess they think some manager was able to bump a person up a few levels. They never mentioned anything about a 15 year employee. That was someone else. Try to keep up.
We the people at fedex (8- 15 years of service)are the real definition of Valued Employees.

W

What The Hawk?

It affects people in the work place, if someone is unfairly being paid more than others doing the same job with more seniority then yes.

Would you stand for a NewHire coming in and making more than you.
Or how about we go extreme, a NewHire Preloader making topped out Driver pay?
If that were the case I'd be a preloader for the rest of my life.

SmithBarney

We the people at fedex (8- 15 years of service)are the real definition of Valued Employees.
Almost the best Value(d) employee, employees from 0-8 years are the real bargain for FDX, they cost about half as much as 25yr employees, take 75% less vacation, use less sick time, and generally(not all) perform at a higher level than their expensive counter-parts.
FDX is getting labor at a Steal when they compare a 5yr employee to a 25yr employee.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
*Edit: I didn't realize this was a Fedex subsection, but probably just as relevant

I don't recommend using 'the helpline'. It's designed specifically to prevent the development of a written record. When policies or suspect activities are indefensible, wrongdoing can best be obscured by keeping the evidence oral. This can be enforced by employer fiat, peer pressure, over scheduling (to ensure that there is not time to construct a written record), OR by deceiving all your employees and encouraging them to use their software that just logs the complaint and spits out a risk-level assessment. In litigation, if the employer can prove that they 'didn't know' about your submitted complaints then the case is dismissed. So, I'm guessing they use a single login account on the rare occasion that they even look at the logs and then never have to have any ties to a specific HR person as having been aware. When you use the on-line Helpline, it's a form that you fill in and it gives you some number 'to check the status of your complaint later', but there is nowhere on the website to do that. So, then you can call 'the helpline' to check on it...but you'll be sad to discover that the 'phone division' is an entirely different company than the on-line company and that your number is useless because they have no idea what the other company is doing. Except the other company isn't really a company so much as just an on-line log book software. Below is a picture of that.

UPSFAKELINE.png

Last edited:

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops

OOOHHH, Mr. WashingtonPost over here wants some cited sources, huh?? Just teasin'. I think that's the page, but I actually tried to sign up as another client of theirs, so might not be the exact same one. The Network, Inc. is the company that runs the web-based helplines for most of corporate America. UPS's is tnwgrc.com/UPS, AT&T's is tnwgrc.com/att, etc. Navex Global is The Network's parent company.

And if you think that's interesting, buckle-in. On the streets they call me Pro Se All-Day and I'm just warming up.

TheNetwork.jpg

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I was thoroughly livid to find out that my complaints had probably never even had human eyeballs look it, let alone act on it. Also, the fact that UPS touts 'THE UPS Helpline' as being a single entity/operation, which it is not. AND it might have changed, but last I knew UPS's computers/network accessibility is so limited that employees couldn't even access the website with them. So, we are basically forced to call and therefore have the complaints be oral. This is not by accident. Of course, their lawyers are going to claim it is, but these guys are basically helpless. Usually, plaintiffs have to scrounge for enough evidence to get a claim to go through. With UPS, they've been playing this game so long, they haven't realized that the game has changed.

SmithBarney

I was thoroughly livid to find out that my complaints had probably never even had human eyeballs look it...
Funny, had a gal fired who called in "anonymously".. strangely two weeks later she was told her services were no longer needed. Route was vacant for 2 months. That's what a "right to work/fire" state is.. they just say good bye and don't have to give a reason. So i'd say yes FedEx probably reads these complaints... unfortunately most employees just roll over and play dead...

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
Just to clarify, the claim of it being anonymous is pretty well known to be completely untrue. The way it's setup, though, leaves it easy for them claim that it actually is within reasonable doubt standards. The reason it's in their best interest to have complaints be restricted to oral is because of the conflict of interest with the helpline employees. Whenever you go to any reporting authority to file a charge, you'll explain the situation and they will summarize what you said and type it in the system. Speaking from experience, even 'neutral' agencies will leave out very critical words or phrase things in a way that can hurt your case if not be completely detrimental to it. The helpline people are being fed by the client...so, the chances of them doing that are probably close to certain. Since you didn't write it, you can't really fight it. unless recorded. But, yea, once you have used their 'anonymous' reporting system you have also effectively labelled yourself a future litigation risk and they will mitigate that before you find out what I'm telling you now.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
This is only a single battle-front, though. As far as the entire operation goes, I bet you'd consider giving me 5 black helios.

Last edited: