Every Center has that "one"...

Marne Vet

Every Center has at least one or two drivers that defy common sense. Over the years we've had a few that were dumber than a box of rocks, but this one guy truly stands out in my mind as the crème de la crème of stupidity. Here are just a few examples as to why:

1) He called the center manager one afternoon and told him he was locked inside his 800. He tried for an hour to unlock the door, but couldn't figure it out. Yes ladies and gentlemen, this guy could not figure out how to stick his finger in the hole for the lock and pop it up. Wasted an entire hour before calling in to find out how to free himself.

2) Had an accident. Sups went out to take the report. After everything was taken care of this guy drives a block and crashed again.

3) Mixed all of his pickup pieces in with his delivers, lost track of what was what, and ended up missing 30+ stops one night that he buried under pickup pieces. Genius.

I'm sure you've all had a few drivers like this. I'm curious what you've witnessed over the years.

gingerkat

1) He called the center manager one afternoon and told him he was locked inside his 800. He tried for an hour to unlock the door, but couldn't figure it out. Yes ladies and gentlemen, this guy could not figure out how to stick his finger in the hole for the lock and pop it up. Wasted an entire hour before calling in to find out how to free himself.
Hahaha!!!!!!

UPSER110

Every Center has at least one or two drivers that defy common sense. Over the years we've had a few that were dumber than a box of rocks, but this one guy truly stands out in my mind as the crème de la crème of stupidity. Here are just a few examples as to why:

2) Had an accident. Sups went out to take the report. After everything was taken care of this guy drives a block and crashed again.

3) Mixed all of his pickup pieces in with his delivers, lost track of what was what, and ended up missing 30+ stops one night that he buried under pickup pieces. Genius.

I'm sure you've all had a few drivers like this. I'm curious what you've witnessed over the years.

Sounds like he needs a promotion..

S

selfcancelsignal

Clearly he smokes A LOTTA ganj!

nocturnalbuck

we have a driver who left the building in wrong truck. he and i were both cover drivers , after pcm i went to my truck and it was gone. he was a runner and was in such a hurry he skipped pcm and took my truck. center msgd him and i brought him his truck. as u can imagine he was almost speechless from embarrassment.

bumped

We had a part time management driving summer seasonal do pretty much the same thing. He locked himself in the back and tried to get out for 30 minutes. He heard some girls talking nearby and pounded on the side of the package car. He was able to talk the girls through on how to unchain the rear door.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Years ago, when I first started as a preloader...my old center manager told me a story about a seasonal driver. He went out on the road his first day of delivering....then drove his package car home that evening and parked it in his driveway. When his sup called his house looking for him...the driver was confused...apparently he thought he had all week to deliver those packages! lmao :confused:

Future

Victory Ride
Had a driver who was suppose to be training a newbe on the road. On the 3rd day of training decided to let the new guy do it alone, while he went to a movie!

Future

Victory Ride
Had a driver DR a package in a outdoor grill. Customer never saw info notice where the pkg was left. Cust had a electric start to the grill from inside his home. Do the math!

Future

Victory Ride
Had a driver who knew nothing about surepost....He saw the address of the post office on the pkg(which was not on his route) never paid attention to other address's (on his route) sheeted them all as missed!

Indecisi0n

I went to get another drivers pickup pieces. While doing so I slammed the bulkhead door closed with both of us in the back and said "oh well what are we going to do now" as I curled my hair with one finger and gave him sexy eyes. Then he popped the door open with his FOB.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't forget, "Leave with the back door open guy"! (Usually Runner-Gunners) How funny is it to see the nice array of parcels on the interstate!