Every PT will be getting $200/week attendance bonus here

Days

We hid a bunch of trailers in the yard last peak. Complete clown show. It''s the same bonus as last year but supposedly will be given out to everyone.

1) It is taxed at %26 down to $148
2) PT got 35-45 hours last peak. This is basically a temporary $5 or less raise.
but we also got the $15 minimum cap here too.
So me and others with 2 years or less in are sitting on a $20/h pot with virtually everyone else.

Your hub is super spoiled.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There is no special tax bracket for bonuses, that income will be taxed the same as other income earned
We hid a bunch of trailers in the yard last peak. Complete clown show. It''s the same bonus as last year but supposedly will be given out to everyone.

1) It is taxed at %26 down to $148
Nope.
Bonuses are taxed at 20% Fed and whatever is the state tax.
This is due to IRS regulations to ensure the governments get their money.

brown_trousers

Nope.
Bonuses are taxed at 20% Fed and whatever is the state tax.
This is due to IRS regulations to ensure the governments get their money.
Wrong. I've received many bonuses from previous jobs. They all end up on the W2 as regular income to be taxed normally.

There is no different tax rate for bonuses vs regular income.

polyp

You are both right I think.

When bonuses are paid out, they are supposed to be taxed at 20% or whatever the rate the IRS stipulates is.

But come tax day next year, bonus pay is figured as plain income, so I'd wager these part timers will get most of that back in a refund. Same as if they hadn't adjusted their withholdings.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The money does get a tax rebate appatently(I let Turbotax do that s*)
But they did take out %26 initially. This time it's %27 :speechless:

I got 25.5 hours last week. The year before at the same time... 38. The raise and bonus still can't offset it.

We really are spoiled compared to the national part time poverty wages.

Mr. Marshall

I sure wish you would tell the IRS that because I am PT I don't have to pay any taxes. How does carrying cardboard make some people a financial expert?
If only you hadn't missed the word "most" in my original post. Clearly you know you are an exception and I had a real cutting reply typed out but I decided to delete it.