Everyone on 9.5 doesn't seem great for high senority drivers?

margaritaville

Before all the low senority people have to go help. But with new contract dispatch will go "sorry we burned up all the low senority drivers hours out, they can't go over 9/5 we need you to help." Could really screw up fridays for high senority drivers assumming they didn't go over 9/5 early in the week but low senority did.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Before all the low senority people have to go help. But with new contract dispatch will go "sorry we burned up all the low senority drivers hours out, they can't go over 9/5 we need you to help." Could really screw up fridays for high senority drivers assumming they didn't go over 9/5 early in the week but low senority did.
UPS already has a solution in place.....it’s called an 8.2 day. With peak we’ll get a slight reprieve from 9.5 BS but come January 15th it’s gonna get real. Those who don’t want OT will be in hog heaven and those who do want it will be like sharks around a chum bucket.

542thruNthru

Oh cry me a river!
Peter-Griffin-Crying.gif

GenericUsername

There is no difference in someone being a 1 day driver (after qualifying) and a 30 year driver. There are no perks that the higher seniority person gets to go home early on a Friday because of a 9.5 violation. We're all equal and on the list now. If you want to be off early on Friday, call out and save the rest of us your bullcrap.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It's be interesting because I'm gonna bet performance is up.

I know my performance for an 8 hour day is much better than it is for an 11 hour day.
Last Thursday they PCM’d us our year over year stats. They didn’t bode well at all for the extensive overtime days. Last year average paid day was 10.4 now its 8.2 with one stop better on SPORH. So basically we’re making them more money with providing far better service.

Grey

UPS already has a solution in place.....it’s called an 8.2 day. With peak we’ll get a slight reprieve from 9.5 BS but come January 15th it’s gonna get real. Those who don’t want OT will be in hog heaven and those who do want it will be like sharks around a chum bucket.

Source?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So more routes in even though no 22.4’s yet?
Yes....far more routes have been dispatched then we’ve ever seen before. Biggest question I have is rather these new drivers hired after August 1st will automatically be retroactively made into 22.4’s once the contract is ratified.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes....far more routes have been dispatched then we’ve ever seen before. Biggest question I have is rather these new drivers hired after August 1st will automatically be retroactively made into 22.4’s once the contract is ratified.

You would have to bid on a 22.4. I don't think they can retroactively change a job you bid on.

oldupsman

I will believe that when it happens. I wish it would have happened when I was working.
I would have put in 2 or 3 more years and enjoyed the ride.

babboo25

Banned
It’s happening at our building and it’s great, body doesn’t hurt as bad, making all the kids sporting events by 6, paycheck is still over $1200 thanks to Trump #MAGA